SL 2014

Soooo my set did not last but a day. I cowashed my hair and back in twists for a twistout. I knew it wasn't going to last though bc I didnt have a product with hold. Next time I will use Ecostyler gel.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Sitting with this henna gloss in my head debating if I should let it sit overnight or wash it out now... probably overnight. It feels good on my scalp tho.

ETA: no more washing in braids. I love the ease of getting to my scalp but if I don't detangle mid week I will have lots of ssk's and tangles. I almost had a setback but I learned to take my time. It didn't help that my shampoo contributed to the tangly mess but I'm good now and either will wash/cowash and detangle 2x a week or just 1x weekly and m/s more often.

Last edited:
Might have found a solution to my subpart frizzy frizz frizz twist outs. Setting lotion. Omg, how simple is that?! I tried every butter, gel, wax, spit n glue on the planet and it comes down to something so obvious.

Did it on straight hair. Will try it on my reverted washed afro this weekend. That will be the real rest. Downside is, I will have to shampoo for cone removal more often.

SN--- relaxer will never tempt me again. flat ironed almost bone straight last Friday. Fly away. Never held an overnight roller set. I tried twisting out. Braiding out. After an hour it just stood out in all directions like straight afro. Lol.back to twisting out and wng. :rolleyes: waiting for bun length

^^I have to remember the setting lotion. Maybe you can try it with a setting lotion that doesn't have cones.

^^I have to remember the setting lotion. Maybe you can try it with a setting lotion that doesn't have cones.

Thanks faithVA. I will try and find some cheap samples cuz I'd like to keep cones and weekly shampooing out the reggi since my hairs moisture balance has never been better. Would hate to ruin it. Unfortunately, It's probably the cones keeping the frizz at bay :ohwell:

My ends felt extra dry despite my M/Sing every night. I normally use Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango butter moisturizer & seal with my oil mix but not staying moisturized. So tonight I moisturized with S Curl & sealed with my Shea butter mix that I made & put my hair up for the night in two buns to the sides. I think I'll be doing a moisturizing DC tomorrow. Can't be letting my ends fall off when this is the furthest that I've gotten my hair to grow in 4 years!!!

My ends felt extra dry despite my M/Sing every night. I normally use Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango butter moisturizer & seal with my oil mix but not staying moisturized. So tonight I moisturized with S Curl & sealed with my Shea butter mix that I made & put my hair up for the night in two buns to the sides. I think I'll be doing a moisturizing DC tomorrow. Can't be letting my ends fall off when this is the furthest that I've gotten my hair to grow in 4 years!!!

I hear you! My hair drinks up moisture like no tomorrow! Heavy oils are my friend.

My first ever successful twist out! Like ever in my whole 3 year journey. I'm actually an inch away from APL but my ends are in dire need of attention so I know that will set me back. Sigh.

Attachments

• image-858554610.jpg
    image-858554610.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
My first ever successful twist out! Like ever in my whole 3 year journey. I'm actually and inch away from APL but my ends are in dire need of attention so I know that will set me back. Sigh.

Looks gr8! You have some major shrinkage girl...APL :-) even if you have to trim, don't get discouraged. You will get there again.

HPG

I first washed with NJoy mud cowash. So I ended up dcing my hair tonight with a mixture of HQ slip and SM anti breakage mask. I cowshed with SDDH. Then I applied Elasta QP thermal protection and PM super skinny to my hair. I'm sitting here with curlformers in to stretch my hair so I can str8en in the morning.

I took my hair down. It only took 2.5 hours to fully dry...my hair is so soft and I didn't add anything else to my hair but the thermal protection and serum during the cf process. I'm debating on if I'm going to str8en or not. I'm liking these cf more and more. This time I used 39. (One of them had a rip in it) I tried to get good pics but this is what I came up with. image-1965713663.jpg Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I just wanna be SL SOOO BAD. June can't come fast enough. Knowing my shrinkage it won't even look like it grew.

My hair is the same! I won't be Bunning until I reach MBL which feels like it won't ever happen.

It will happen...it does take time and that's something I've learned to embrace!

I'm going to need y'all up in here to keep your hopes and spirits up okay lol! Y'all best start believing that YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!

HPG

Today was wash day. So I poo'd w/ CON ultra moisturizing poo & did a lil conditioned with a condish that went straight in the garbage after I was finished. The name of it was olive oil somebody or another by Regis. Now I remember why it sitting in the back of the cabinet. It didn't work the first couple of times I tried it a year ago. I'll be working out tomorrow so I'll probably do a sulfate free poo on Tuesday night so I can be fresh for xmas!

Last edited:
It will happen...it does take time and that's something I've learned to embrace! I'm going to need y'all up in here to keep your hopes and spirits up okay lol! Y'all best start believing that YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS! HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Yes ma'am!! We can do this!

Im REALLY loving these yarn braids!! I redid the last two rows at my nape last night and it was pretty quick. I wanna take 'em out just ti do something with my hair (henna, DC with my new products, etc) but I :love: 'em so much!

The best part is wearing a huge, neat bun toward the front :yep: Maybe I can use yarn to stuff my buns when I finally have to take them down.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I couldn't help myself and did my baby's hair using the curlformers. I wanted to see how they would look and it came out beautifully. I haven't seperated them or anything. I used Soultanicals Muru and then applied BASK 7 fold butter and JR Nurish and Shine. I used 103 rollers and let her sit under the dryer on medium heat for 25 minutes and then hair dried for 2 hours after that. I left 2 rollers in bc they weren't dry yet.

View attachment 238699

View attachment 238701

View attachment 238703

View attachment 238705

This guy who hadnt seen me in a few weeks said yesterday, "did u get your hair trimmed? It looks shorter." I whipped around and screamed "no!! What do u mean?! It should be almost half an inch longer! I didn't trim it! It looks shorter?! Really?" The perplexed look on his face indicated that he hadn't necessarily dealt with a woman on this forum.

Happy holidays everyone. Thats my funny story for 2day :)

Its official.

Using setting lotion from now on to set my flat twists for twist out styles. Low-no frizz. No retwisting every night. No fighting parts.

It worked great on my just washed, fully shrunk 'fro. I will keep my eye out on more natural alternatives tho. However, this doesnt seem to cause breakage with being diluted as it did when I used it straight (as the directions say).

Using Mizani, diluted 1 (Lotion) to 4 (distilled water). I then twist and coat the twists with a butter. Soft and very defined (but not overly defined) twist out.

I have type 4c, very fine/whispy, highly porous, low density strands.

Took only a year to figure out the lotion solution :rolleyes:. I'm happy :grin:

Last edited:
Your baby and her hair are adorable HairPleezeGrow!!!

I couldn't help myself and did my baby's hair using the curlformers. I wanted to see how they would look and it came out beautifully. I haven't seperated them or anything. I used Soultanicals Muru and then applied BASK 7 fold butter and JR Nurish and Shine. I used 103 rollers and let her sit under the dryer on medium heat for 25 minutes and then hair dried for 2 hours after that. I left 2 rollers in bc they weren't dry yet.

Hey ladies, been a while! Had my hair CUT! I'll post pics in the am. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year :)

Back