SL 2014

In braids for at least two weeks while I figure out what to do with my hair over the winter. Since school ends in two weeks I may just take a 2-3 day break then reinstall braids all through Dec/Jan. I found a way that I can braid my hair better where the ends don't poke out so much (it was a combination of using too much braiding hair and not smoothing the ends). Looking forward to be partial SL by my by my BC date. Nearing where I was before I cut my hair (a few inches from SL relaxed).

Planning on doing my color again soon, I have more than 1/2 inch of new growth since I colored it in oct so I just need to touch up my roots probably when these braids come out.

Brief check in...I was getting tired of wiggin it so I wore my hair out today. I'm at this awkward phase that I don't like (Not too long...not really short either). I normally chop at this stage but I'm not going to this time. At this point, I think I just need to get some box braids and sit down somewhere. I'm going to wear it loose until my Black Friday order of wigs arrive...or until Monday when I can sneak away to get it braided...decisions...:ohwell:

Attachments

• twistout fail.jpg
    twistout fail.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 43
Brief check in...I was getting tired of wiggin it so I wore my hair out today. I'm at this awkward phase that I don't like (Not too long...not really short either). I normally chop at this stage but I'm not going to this time. At this point, I think I just need to get some box braids and sit down somewhere. I'm going to wear it loose until my Black Friday order of wigs arrive...or until Monday when I can sneak away to get it braided...decisions...:ohwell:

Step away from the scissors! You better not chop. You will definitely get there soon where you're out of the awkward stage. Time will fly by b4 you know it.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Colored my hair friday so just finished doing a protein treatment. DCing under the dryer now for about 30 minutes. Will wear a twist out for the rest of the week.

I want to take these braids out but I'm trying to wait one more week... I just want to feel my hair and DC and see my growth because I can tell I definitely got some

Step away from the scissors! You better not chop. You will definitely get there soon where you're out of the awkward stage. Time will fly by b4 you know it.

HPG

Thanks. I'm resisting. Cornrowed back under my wig until our next length check. :yep:

I want to take these braids out but I'm trying to wait one more week... I just want to feel my hair and DC and see my growth because I can tell I definitely got some

I didn't make it. I took my braids out and I definitely got some good growth from hairfinity and inversion. I'm doing a rollerset tmrw and may post the results. Trying to stretch at least until next week.

I didn't make it. I took my braids out and I definitely got some good growth from hairfinity and inversion. I'm doing a rollerset tmrw and may post the results. Trying to stretch at least until next week.

Say what now!?! What you mean "may post results"?

HPG

Say what now!?! What you mean "may post results"?

HPG

Lol. You know I suck at rollersetting. And it seems since I started texlaxing that my flat-ironing skills have depleted! I will post something tho! Cuz I know how yall get down!

Experienced some shedding I'm guessing from hairfinity but it's not that bad. I've been taking the pills off and on only missing maybe 1 day.

I think I'm liking komaza's protein strengthener and pona spray

My strands seem thicker

I can't wait to order and get my qhemet products

I want to wash my hair now because my scalp is driving me insane but I know I will get major shrinkage. But my strands are feeling fragile. I'll post pics when I'm able to do a twist out with the aethiopika butter

Last edited:
Somehow my ends are crazy. Not sure what I did. So I finally decided to use my split ender. I prepooed with L'oreal 5 Repair, shampooed with Hairveda Amla cleanser. Did a tea rinse and DCd with Shescenit Banana Conditioner. Used Purabody Sapote as a leave-in, spritzed with water/healthy locks and set with Eden Bodyworks curl creme. It took me 1.5 hours to install the curlformers and I sat under the dryer for another 1.5 hours.

I took 1 to 2 curlformers out at a time and then used the split ender and put each section up into a bantu knot. My ends were terrible. Now they are a little better. My curlformer set came out nice. I don't think it would have last though. It was straight but I don't think the products gave my hair enough moisture to sustain it.

I didn't put any styler on the bantu knots so don't think they will hold tomorrow either. Not sure what my head is going to look like.

I will definitely do the curlformers again now that my ends are a little better. I may try perm rods to see if I can install them quicker.

I just purchased 4 packs of extra long and wide curl formers and can't wait to get them. I will probably get more when income tax comes bc my girls have some thick hair and I think with what I got it will only work for 1 to 2 of them and I like to do all three heads in one day lol. Good thing my hair isn't dense I could get away with 1 pack lol.

HPG

Last edited:
I totally suck at flat ironing my hair. But now I know how to fix it. I need to trim some more and make sure to detangle better. I also think I used to much protein but I will correct that.

uhhh... :hide:

I seemed to have gotten a little scissor happy. And...well... the good news is my hair is less layered. The bad news is I'm like back to NL, pretty much from the nape at CBL. I think I cut like 3" the last week:duck: :perplexed:

uhhh... :hide:

I seemed to have gotten a little scissor happy. And...well... the good news is my hair is less layered. The bad news is I'm like back to NL, pretty much from the nape at CBL. I think I cut like 3" the last week:duck: :perplexed:

Say what now!?!

HPG

My hair is a little past my neck in the back yay

I'm going to sulfate wash in a couple of days since I used eco styler gel and get individuals

I think my longest layer made SL but I want to wait a lil while longer before I post a pic. Just couldn't get a good one.

did a henna last night, color took really well but I didn't rinse thoroughly. Sitting with coconut oil and trader joes nourish under a heat cap as a pre cowash.

Was wondering why my hair kept snapping just washed my hair I believe I have moisture overload. This is a first. I have komaza's protein strengthner in my hair as we speak

I just posted this in the 2013 thread. Really didn't think my hair was this length already.

So I'm back with pics. I made it to shoulder length :). In these photos my hair was flatironed from the previous week. Also hit my 1-year post BC on 10/28. Please disregard the shiny-ness of my face :look: it was midnight lol.

Attachments

• image-3612128799.jpg
    image-3612128799.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image-1799456501.jpg
    image-1799456501.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image-784744543.jpg
    image-784744543.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image-2170930534.jpg
    image-2170930534.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 28
I would like to keep my natural hair straightened for a while for better retention. I've been trying roller sets of various types like curlformers, magnetics, etc, but I seem to only be getting semi straight lately. Not even taking straight and the reversion is bad without heat. Ugh! What to do...?

Eek. May have hit a setback. Had a protein overload (first time in natural hair), now I know not to use 4 naturals Reconstructor, whatever protein it has overloaded my hair. It was soo matted and tangly last night it took me 20+ minutes to detangles with a crap ton of contritioner. Even finger combing wasn't working so I had to break out the modified denman. Had lots of breakage. Erg. Hopefully this won't push me back too much. And I will still be on track to stretched SL by June.

Excuse the typos: on iphone

Doesn't sound like a setback hnntrr. Just a bump in the road. Be sure to trim asap so those broke ends don't split and snag their neighbors. Because THAT will be a setback. Maybe do a DC twice this week. Moisture only.

Also, read the label on that product to see specifically what protein that is to avoid in the future.

Back