SL 2014

What length are you now? TWA

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? Nothing special, just doing everything to keep dryness at bay.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Multi vitamin and Country life maxi hair, skin&nails

Any other info you want us to know just post it: using liquid gold sulphur oil on scalp daily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 32
Today was dusting day! Not so scared now to dust without going scissor crazy & it barely made a difference in length. The mid section in the back of my head was almost bald when I started LHCF & now it's only about a half an inch shorter than the rest (that I'd been trimming gradually) which is almost SL. This part is the thickest part of my hair now :-) Right now I'm at a point where I'm just glad my hair is healthy & I see length coming right along with it. I want to go back to my crochets but I think that I'll hold off until that Chicago wind (and chill) calms down some. Ain't nobody got time for frigid & rigid ends!! Might do me a sew in though. Gotta look at some styles though & study it so that I can get her did! So glad I can do these styles myself!

12142013 hair cut.jpg
here's my pic. sorry for the sideways. its faced top side up on my computer.:look: The stylist cut several inches, but whatever. It's all blunt ends now. We'll see in a couple months. dropping out of the APL 14 challenge and chucking up 2013 as a loss.:ohwell:

here's my pic. sorry for the sideways. its faced top side up on my computer.:look: The stylist cut several inches, but whatever. It's all blunt ends now. We'll see in a couple months. dropping out of the APL 14 challenge and chucking up 2013 as a loss.:ohwell:

Looks great! I think they did a good job on the cut. Don't worry you will be back with us in the APL 14 challenge.

View attachment 239787

:bighug: I think a fresh start will be beneficial in the end. My ends have been terrible this year. I am dropping out of 2014 as well and will be hanging out in here with you. I'm also chucking up 2013 as a a loss (of inches) :ohwell: but not knowledge.

Let's leave it all behind us and start over with a fresh attitude and renewed optimism :yep:

I took my starting length picture last night and will try to post it tonight. I am wearing a twist out today so will try to get a pic of that as well.

What length are you now? twa

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? ntural

What retention methods do you plan on using? wigs until the summer

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? prenatals maybe biotin after pregnancy, castor oil

pics when I learn to post them again

What length are you now? About to have a twa

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? Wig and moisture.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Yes I'm taking random supplements for umm something else. And I'm going to using the paltas everyone's talking about plus JBCO.

Any other info you want us to know just post it

Post a starting pic... I will have one as soon as I get this hair cut.

I've had the opposite experience :lol::perplexed

I'm guessing I retained most of my length in 2013. Well I just found an old progress pic and found I grew and retained the half inch per month.

Knowledge wise its gone downhill though. My hair is dry and I don't know how to fix it. It suddenly stopped liking my favourite moisturiser months ago:perplexed. Possibly a cone overload and I am giving them up. Be lying if I said I knew what to do though to fix it.

Ganna focus on figuring out what my hair likes this year and try not to think on length so much. It will come.

I've had the opposite experience :lol::perplexed I'm guessing I retained most of my length in 2013. Well I just found an old progress pic and found I grew and retained the half inch per month. Knowledge wise its gone downhill though. My hair is dry and I don't know how to fix it. It suddenly stopped liking my favourite moisturiser months ago:perplexed. Possibly a cone overload and I am giving them up. Be lying if I said I knew what to do though to fix it. Ganna focus on figuring out what my hair likes this year and try not to think on length so much. It will come.

Sorry to hear...definitely clarify to remove the cones. I've heard people raving about kimmytubes leave in. Maybe try that. The recipe is floating around here somewhere. Maybe that will help you combat the dryness.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I did me and my two older girls hair yesterday. Actually by the time I got finished with there's during the day, I ended up doing mine last night. Anyway I used 1 1/2 packs and me and my second oldest and two packs on my oldest. This time I used ecostyler for hold after applying LI and a butter. My girls hair came out really nice with gr8 hold. Some crunch but not too worried bc maybe the style will last longer. They did however get white flakes in their hair that I don't like. I got hold as we'll but no crunch or white flakes and I used a lot of gel on my hair. I don't get it but ah we'll. I did use a soft brush to smooth the hair b4 I put it through the curlformers and that helped a lot. The hair wasn't trying to curl onto itself in the curlformers and our ends came out wonderful. I didn't separate the hair yet and probably won't. Anyway pics or it never happened right....oh and we all slept in these things!!! I said last time I wouldn't but I needed my hair to set and dry and no time for dryer or too lazy lol either way it did set gr8 but next time I don't care I'm sitting under the dryer. We had morning faces y'all lol...

View attachment 240223

View attachment 240225

View attachment 240227

View attachment 240229

View attachment 240231

View attachment 240235

View attachment 240237

View attachment 240249

View attachment 240247

View attachment 240243

View attachment 240245

View attachment 240241

View attachment 240233

Sorry to hear...definitely clarify to remove the cones. I've heard people raving about kimmytubes leave in. Maybe try that. The recipe is floating around here somewhere. Maybe that will help you combat the dryness.

Thanks, I'll try that :grin:

You are already SL, so um, hmm :perplexed:

Sigh...yes my friend I know I am from the nape but the rest needs to catch up especially my crown grrrr!!! YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF ME SO EASILY LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Guess it would help if I posted pics of the parts that I'm trying to get to SL that way I don't get kicked out of a thread I'm hosting *yikes* lol

Sigh...yes my friend I know I am from the nape but the rest needs to catch up especially my crown grrrr!!! YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF ME SO EASILY LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Guess it would help if I posted pics of the parts that I'm trying to get to SL that way I don't get kicked out of a thread I'm hosting *yikes* lol

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to kick you out of your own challenge :lol:

Coming in here to post my official starting photos. In corn rows under a wig until I can't stand it anymore...

Attachments

• my hurr.jpg
    my hurr.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 42
I'd like to join :)

What length are you now? I'm about EL.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural.

What retention methods do you plan on using? Low manipulation, protective styles

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? I never stick with vitamins. :-/ but I'm oiling my scalp a couple times a week.

Any other info you want us to know just post it:
-SL unstretched is my ultimate hair goal. If I can get there I'll be thee happiest camper.
-Also I gave myself a trim on 12/29.
-My hair isn't even around.

ForumRunner_20140101_204015.jpg

ForumRunner_20140101_204043.jpg

I'd like to join :) What length are you now? I'm about EL. Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural. What retention methods do you plan on using? Low manipulation, protective styles Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? I never stick with vitamins. :-/ but I'm oiling my scalp a couple times a week. Any other info you want us to know just post it: -SL unstretched is my ultimate hair goal. If I can get there I'll be thee happiest camper. -Also I gave myself a trim on 12/29. -My hair isn't even around.

Your twists look so nice and chunky....your hair looks sort of like mine except you have way more fullness lol...

Welp my curlformer set did not last throughout the night! Lol I even pineappled...When I removed the scarf my hair was stuck in that position. I shook it out and tried to get it to lay down but a no go. I just bantu knotted my hair up into a whimpy bun!

I went to sallys the other day and bought the Hawaiian silky. I love this stuff so much! My hair stick up as much, and its so soft. Here are some pictures. Im also doing a length check.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140102_181045.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140102_181045.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 36
I think my longest layers will be SL (stretched) by March (about 2-4 inches from my nape going up the back of my head). I am pretty sure I am going to have to be APL in the longest layers to be SL like on the sides by my ears. My hair grows so layered its ridiculous.

Stating pic for 2014. Will be doing a avocado and coconut milk mask in a couple of days to see if the coconut milk and avocado make my hair softer than the coconut milk alone.

Attachments

• image-2148569610.jpg
    image-2148569610.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 41
Back