SL 2014

Sooooooooooooo glad my hair is finally soft again.

Decided to try the aloe/glycerin/JBCO/water mix in a spray bottle last week. My hair is happy and has little uniform waves lol.

Plus I'm glad I've found something cost effective. Kinda sick of paying high for a small bottle of natural product. Sometimes they don't even work for my hair so feels like a waste.

This is going to sound cray, but I swear my nape just flew out my head again. Maybe another inch to CBL.Just did a major cut to NL/SL a month ago. Smh The tip top crown is slow as molases and has about 2 inches to EL. Ugh.

Btw, got and used the split ender 2 days ago. I straightened my 4c natural using curlformers. Works great.

Did a twistout last night using entwine products and this morning my hair was not dry lol. I had to try and salvage using the blow dryer...

I have my hair in flat twist. I am moisturizing and sealing nightly and wearing my wig during the day. Today I am having a better wig experience. I hope it lasts :lol: By 3 pm I am ready to snatch it off my head. I am going to the bss tomorrow though and try on some other wigs. I need 2 back ups. I guess if I have to I can just get a 2nd amerie, so I can wear one and wash one.

I am also going to pick up some afro puffy hair and install some flat twist extensions to give myself a break from the wigs and doing my hair.

Add me :)

What length are you now?

Neck length at the nape, mid forehead length

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using?

Crown and glory method, ghe, 2-3x a week deep conditioning, daily rinsing/cowashing

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?

Chlorella, spirulina, gelatin, hsn, vit E, protein shakes...once i finish all these i will probably bump it down to Hairfinity or priteva, biotin, chlorella, and bamboo tea.

Im hoping to be eyeball length/shoulder length in the nape by april 1.

washed my hair with vo5 kiwi clarifying conditioner mixed with creamy aloe clarifying shampoo. Followef up by dcing with ntm dc and shea moisture intensive repair for 30 min. Rinsed with cold water and applied aloe/water/oil/vo5 spray and shea moisture intensive repair conditionrr as a leave in. My hair is so soft and defined. Getting it braided in a beehive today.

So excited. My nape is like 1 inch away from CL length. I am thinking I will probably be partial SL stretched by June for sure.

Joining this challenge! Hopefully I'll make it this year. Experiencing some breakage in my nape again so I stopped stretching my relaxers longer than 12 weeks. I got a cut about a week before thanksgiving. My nape and crown is about neck length and the front is about chin length. I'm going to try to stick to a multivitamin but that's about all I can commit to. I need to increase my water intake so I'll be doing that as well as deep conditioning twice a week. I'll probably limit my heat use to maybe once a month. Will post pics later

Cowashed yesterday with v05 kiwi then 5 min condish with ao rose mosqueta.

Today, trying a cornrow out and rolling the ends with satin sponge rollers. First try in a year. They always turned out terrible on my low density. This time I'm trying with mizani setting lotion and a silk coffee butter. Pressed for time so I hit it with my new ceramic ionic blow dryer. If necessary for fullness will hit it with a cold diffuser. I found non heat diffusing to work just as well.

I decided to flat iron so I could get a beginning of the year length. I swear the back of my head grows slower the molasses. The front grows just fine. :-( I hope to keep to it straight for two weeks then go into some marley twists.

I also did another (probably unnecessary) mini trim.

I'll probably straighten again in May/June.

ForumRunner_20140112_014022.jpg

ForumRunner_20140112_014039.jpg

I decided to flat iron so I could get a beginning of the year length. I swear the back of my head grows slower the molasses. The front grows just fine. :-( I hope to keep to it straight for two weeks then go into some marley twists.

I also did another (probably unnecessary) mini trim.

I'll probably straighten again in May/June.

Your flat ironed job looks gr8!

I'm joining this challenge. I just (2 days ago) cut my hair due to breakage in my crown area. My goal is to have healthy and thick shoulder length hair by the end of 2014.

What length are you now? - The front of my hair is at about the bottom of my ear and the back is cut short in a tapered cut.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? - Relaxed, last relaxer 1/10/14 with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp same day as hair cut.

What retention methods do you plan on using? - Still tweaking my regimen but will be dcing 1-2x per week and air drying more often. Because my hair is short I am using direct heat almost everyday, I will decrease usage as my hair grows.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? - Daily multi vitamin, Shakeology and thinking of adding a hair, skin & nails supplement.

Here is a pic I took yesterday post company party so it's sweated out: Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3389755655.jpg
    image-3389755655.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I will doing a hot oil treatment to my hair tonight. My hair and scalp have been so dry. I think ill try a chunky twist out tonight.

wash day today. prepoo'd with grapeseed oil and trader joes nourish condish, cowashed with ssi blueberry co wash and dcing now with ssi avocado deep condish. today is day 6 of my inversion with bee mine sulfur serum. I will try to keep up the inversion for at least 3 months on days 7-13 before deciding if it is working for me.

Actual New Year Length Check ***Pic Heavy***
1/13/14, Nearing 1 Year 1 Month Post Relaxer. Nearing 7 months post BC.

Overall:
tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo1_250.jpg

Bangs: Eye length
tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo4_250.jpg

Sides: Around Chin length
tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo2_250.jpg

tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo3_250.jpg

Nape: Nearing SL
tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo5_250.jpg

Middle of head: Nearing NL
tumblr_mzchkocPfC1sk0g5xo6_250.jpg

This is my hair just out the shower with a tiny bit of conditioner as my leave in, pre-plop.

I did my first 3 strand twists on Saturday for a twist out for work today. I must admit I'm extremely happy with the results! I'm definitely going to try this on my girls so their twist outs will last. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Still waiting on someone to braid my hair so I can wig it. I may end up just doing it myself this weekend but I'm being lazy.

View attachment 242199

View attachment 242201

View attachment 242203

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

[USER=375439 said:
hnntrr[/USER];19517967]Actual New Year Length Check ***Pic Heavy***
1/13/14, Nearing 1 Year 1 Month Post Relaxer. Nearing 7 months post BC.

Overall:

This is my hair just out the shower with a tiny bit of conditioner as my leave in, pre-plop.

Ok, I'm just curious. Why did you hide your face in the first one but not in the second one? :lol: Or were you playing peek a boo?

I did my first 3 strand twists on Saturday for a twist out for work today. I must admit I'm extremely happy with the results! I'm definitely going to try this on my girls so their twist outs will last. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Still waiting on someone to braid my hair so I can wig it. I may end up just doing it myself this weekend but I'm being lazy. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow
This style is so cute. Im soo glad you're happy with the results. Nice work!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow said:
Hahaha girl you crazy...maybe the first pic wasn't a good one. I do that often lol

But this also makes no sense. How would she know the picture is bad before it is taken? She didn't Photoshop her hand over her eyes after.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Back