SL 2014

Shampooed with KeraCare Hydrating, dc'd with Joico K-Pak Reconstructor under Hair Therapy Wrap for 30 minutes, steamed in Joico Moisture Recovery Balm with avocado and coconut oils for 30 minutes, applied leave-ins, wrapped and dried under hooded dryer.

I put in puffy twist yesterday. This will probably be my go to style for most of 2014. I'm pretty tired of dealing with my hair. When I take out the twist, I will rotate to wigs, flat twist extensions and flat twists. I am going to try to hide my hair until at least April and then re-evaluate where I am.

Washed my hair today. But feel like this will be a lazy hair week so gonna twist my hair and leave it like that til I feel like takin it out and if so, ill wear a twist out for a day or two.

I'm too impatient to take a good picture. Here are my puffy twists. I hope to keep them in until March.

PuffyTwist0114.JPG

So I undid one of my braids because it went really loose and I'm happy to report that I've gained about 1/2 inch in new growth in 4 weeks. Yay! So I have average growth rate. That's nice to know.

The hair at my nape (at least that piece of hair) is an inch from my collar bones so I've regained what I lost from my trim in December! Super happy about that. I can't imagine what my hair will look like in March and how much length I've gained. Maybe I'll finally be SL. Who knows.

^^Thank you for both comments.

I am enjoying the puffy twists. In the past I have worn them longer and they were irritating, heavy and hot. This time I stuck with chin length and I like them much better. They were also quicker to install. I may wear puffy twist a lot this year. :yep:

sike. I rescheduled my relaxer for february 4. used the weather as an excuse to cancel my appointment, and im giving myself another 2 weeks before i relax, so it will be a nine week stretch. i have so much new growth already!!!! i plan to troll the forum for ideas to keep my new growth soft. im shedding, not terrible, but as i usually do at this point when i need a relaxer, so gotta make sure i keep from losing a lot of hair.

Those twists look lovely @faithVA!!! You give me courage....

Thank You DarkJoy. Are you planning on doing an install? You can do it. It just takes patience and practice. This is my best install yet and it was definitely easier. The first time I did an install I had pieces of extension in the hallway as I walked :blush:

Feel happy my scalp is much better after applying aloe last week and going wigless more often. Hair is also soft due to the aloe and glycerin mixture spray and a lil coconut oil to seal. Keeping it soft and simple :giggle:

Think I want to try a new oil. Something thicker than jojoba or coconut. Maybe grapeseed, but I'm not sure of that consistency.

i am getting my hair cut later today, so i will be about ear length, maybe shorter. so i will be in participating more in this challenge later in the year. i am so excited! i will post pics either tonight or tomorrow.

Not doing much. Spritzing my hair with tea/marshmallow balm mist 2x a day and using 4Naturals scalp treatment 2x daily. I may cowash my twist this weekend to give my scalp and hair so added moisture.

What length are you now? I am currently neck length (I think.. barely shoulder length)

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What retention methods do you plan on using? Co-washing every week and doing hot oil treatments to help my scalp

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? None at this time

Any other info you want us to know just post it :grin:
I hope to hit shoulder length by summer. I'm planning on refraining from using the flat iron and substituting getting my curls by using my flexi-rods every other night, or when needed to get my curls

Post a starting pic...

Attachments

• 20140123_101033.jpg
    20140123_101033.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 19
I have been using flexi-rods to curl my hair. I am trying to avoid further heat damage I inflicted upon myself. I had to trim my ends last week, and they are looking much healthier. Here are some pictures of my flexi-rods set from last night. I need to come up with a way to style my hair when the curls are this tight...

Attachments

• 20140122_224150.jpg
    20140122_224150.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20140122_224216.jpg
    20140122_224216.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140122_224256.jpg
    20140122_224256.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140122_224454.jpg
    20140122_224454.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140123_083851.jpg
    20140123_083851.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 23
More..

Just working on styles..

Attachments

• 20140123_083858.jpg
    20140123_083858.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140123_083912.jpg
    20140123_083912.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20140123_083924.jpg
    20140123_083924.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 19
I have been using flexi-rods to curl my hair. I am trying to avoid further heat damage I inflicted upon myself. I had to trim my ends last week, and they are looking much healthier. Here are some pictures of my flexi-rods set from last night. I need to come up with a way to style my hair when the curls are this tight...

Your hair is so thick! I always wanted to try flexi rods. Are they comfortable to sleep in?

Looks so pretty.

What length are you now? btw CL and NL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What retention methods do you plan on using? Cowashing, Dcing, roller setting

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
Nope

I will post pic later

Having an argument with my edges. :(

The little punks is thinning out. It's my bonnets im sure. I haven't put tension on them in weeks.

I am severely allergic to castor oil so that's a negatory

As for these edges, I think it's time to go to a satin pillow cases. I have 2 but in my sleep I throw them on the floor. Hate sleeping on satin.

Hey y'all! Finally getting my install this wknd. I've been too busy but I'm tired of this wig so its going buh-bye! I need to do a hardcore protein treatment although I love my SSI Okra reconstructor I don't feel like it strengthens my hair a whole lot. Not like my Marie dean Olive Wheat Berry protein treatment would. I will post pics. My hair has been sooo dry lately and this wack patch on the left side of my head is getting on my nerves! Can't wait to sew all of this mess up! But it is growing well. When I remove this install I should have alot of retention. I hope the back qill at least make SL.

Back