SL 2014

Suspecting I've been having thinning problems recently. Getting bigger balls than usual of shed hair.

I have a tender scalp. Just cleansed my scalp and applied aloe vera. Cant see any signs of folliculitis, but just to be on the safe side. Don't want to lose my hair again :sad:

I'm thinking it may be due to the past 6 months. I've been wearing my wig all day where I used to have it off most of the time when I was home. Maybe my scalp needs to breathe more:perplexed

But this also makes no sense. How would she know the picture is bad before it is taken? She didn't Photoshop her hand over her eyes after.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I see what you are saying...Maybe she knew she wasn't making a good face for the pic. Or maybe after she took that one she just didnt care how she looked lol!

ETA- yall ain't cutting no slack lol

But this also makes no sense. How would she know the picture is bad before it is taken? She didn't Photoshop her hand over her eyes after.

:lachen: I didn't even catch that. You are right :lol: I knew she was playing Peek A Boo with us :yep:

[USER=26733 said:
Sumra[/USER];19531743]Suspecting I've been having thinning problems recently. Getting bigger balls than usual of shed hair.

I have a tender scalp. Just cleansed my scalp and applied aloe vera. Cant see any signs of folliculitis, but just to be on the safe side. Don't want to lose my hair again :sad:

I'm thinking it may be due to the past 6 months. I've been wearing my wig all day where I used to have it off most of the time when I was home. Maybe my scalp needs to breathe more:perplexed

I think you may be right. You do need to let it breathe and also take some weeks off from the wig. I wore my wig last week and towards the end of the week the right side of my scalp started to burn. That is always my indicator that something isn't right. So I'm in extensions this week.

What did you do for the folliculitis before?

I see what you are saying...Maybe she knew she wasn't making a good face for the pic. Or maybe after she took that one she just didnt care how she looked lol!

ETA- yall ain't cutting no slack lol

We were just curious that's all. It was actually quite cute :yep: I think we should copy it and make it a new thing :lol:

Is there any inexpensive software or free software like photoshop to blank out the face?

Last time I lost my hair the doctor said he couldn't see anything wrong with my scalp. I have no idea what happened to this day. I had a LOT of scalp pain that time though before it came out.:perplexed

Was just reading online that scalp tenderness can be folliculitis which is encouraged by covering the hair, sweat, or it being wet (I moisturise then cover with wig cap and wig). My scalp doesn't feel as tender since the Aloe so hopefully this will work! Not wearing a wig today and have a fan pointed at my scalp:lol:

hnntrr you know we are teasing you. We just get silly. Faith cracked me up and then HPG and her non explanation explanation had rolling. Then peekaboo? :lachen:

You are a very pretty young lady. Your hair is coming along nicely.

I figured she was going to hide her face and then decided to go ahead and show it anyway.

faithVA said:
We were just curious that's all. It was actually quite cute :yep: I think we should copy it and make it a new thing :lol:

Is there any inexpensive software or free software like photoshop to blank out the face?

Blank faces are scary.

Last time I lost my hair the doctor said he couldn't see anything wrong with my scalp. I have no idea what happened to this day. I had a LOT of scalp pain that time though before it came out.:perplexed Was just reading online that scalp tenderness can be folliculitis which is encouraged by covering the hair, sweat, or it being wet (I moisturise then cover with wig cap and wig). My scalp doesn't feel as tender since the Aloe so hopefully this will work! Not wearing a wig today and have a fan pointed at my scalp:lol:

A ginger root tea rinse made from fresh ginger will help with the tenderness. I'm tender headed and always have been. Doing that rinse 1-2 times a week helped me a lot.

Last time I lost my hair the doctor said he couldn't see anything wrong with my scalp. I have no idea what happened to this day. I had a LOT of scalp pain that time though before it came out.:perplexed

Was just reading online that scalp tenderness can be folliculitis which is encouraged by covering the hair, sweat, or it being wet (I moisturise then cover with wig cap and wig). My scalp doesn't feel as tender since the Aloe so hopefully this will work! Not wearing a wig today and have a fan pointed at my scalp:lol:

Thanks I will look that up. When I am baggying for long periods and wearing the wig are when I notice it the most. What you have said seems to coincide with my experience.

hnntrr you know we are teasing you. We just get silly. Faith cracked me up and then HPG and her non explanation explanation had rolling. Then peekaboo? :lachen:

You are a very pretty young lady. Your hair is coming along nicely.

I figured she was going to hide her face and then decided to go ahead and show it anyway.

Yeah, I was just joking and being silly. It wasn't a serious question.

Blank faces are scary.

They really are but I would take pictures more often if I could smudge out the face. One eye be closed, sleep all in my eyes. Big ole pillow mark on my face :lol: I have to take 20 pictures to get one presentable one, just to show some hair :lol:

iVR Thank you, I have some ginger in the cupboard lol:grin:

faithVA Yup! Last time I lost it was around the time I started DCing overnight in a plastic cap. My hair went mushy and then the scalp pain. Some people do well with baggying, but I've heard of set backs also:ohwell:

iVR Thank you, I have some ginger in the cupboard lol:grin:

faithVA Yup! Last time I lost it was around the time I started DCing overnight in a plastic cap. My hair went mushy and then the scalp pain. Some people do well with baggying, but I've heard of set backs also:ohwell:

I don't baggy long. And fortunately my scalp screams quickly so I know to uncover it. My hair seems to need 1 thing and my scalp another. I need to take them to marriage counseling.

Yeah, I was just joking and being silly. It wasn't a serious question.

I know. I was laughing. I have yet to post any picture. Maybe I will use a face mask. I am soooo particular about my pictures. Maybe we can photoshop famous people faces on our face. :lachen:

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Do you ever wear twist at work at all?

No. Though I wore micros when I started here 5 yrs ago. Hell, I been wearing a natural shrunk afro and twist outs the past year and half so I guess kinky Nubian twists should be cool.

It's not that it will affect my job, it's the 6000 questions and ooohs and aaaaahs from these beckys. It literally goes on for weeks every time I change my hair

I set my relaxer appointment for January 21. That will be 7 weeks. I was trying to stretch 10 or 12, but I have two huge events January 22 and I don't want to damage it trying to style it. My new growth is out of order. I think the Mizani mild may be quite mild for my hair, the last time I only held out 6 weeks. Or maybe it's growing quickly? Who knows. I'm on my last day of inversion today as well. This is my second time doing it, and I didn't measure my growth this time either. But I figure it can't be hurting me! so I'll keep it in my reggie at least till I get full SL.
Speaking of which, my hair currently stops at the nape. When I got a relaxer last time it was like an inch or two from full SL lolol. So it seems to have grown INWARD about 3 inches... let's all pray it's new growth shrinkage!!!! Post before and after pics in a week!

You have me rolling lol. I dk...I just use my phone or ipad to edit photos. I guess you could download a free app. Lmk when this is going down I'm all in lol

Blargh. I'm not SL yet so I'm gonna join.

What length are you now?
Neck length after a trim :(

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Transitioning. I'd like to be full SL natural by the end of the year or closing in on APL with both textures.

What retention methods do you plan on using?
Braids. No relaxers!! Only trim as needed.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
I take 10kmg of biotin when I remember to.

Any other info you want us to know just post it.
I just want to feel my hair on all sides touching my shoulders. It's been my goal since I joined last January. I want to also be a DIY this year. So if I'm getting a new installation of braids, I want to do it myself. Same for trims. Same for blowouts.

Post a starting pic...
Give me a minute.

No. Though I wore micros when I started here 5 yrs ago. Hell, I been wearing a natural shrunk afro and twist outs the past year and half so I guess kinky Nubian twists should be cool.

It's not that it will affect my job, it's the 6000 questions and ooohs and aaaaahs from these beckys.It literally goes on for weeks every time I change my hair

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Im glad you guys have faith in me lol! I am horrible at doing hair. Thats why I am I'm forever wearing a wash and go. Okay im going to hop in the shower co wash my hair and start these twists. Wish me luck!

Back