SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Your pictures are really making want to give flat twists another try. I got the cornorows now, but the flat twists are so difficult. I can never keep the rhythm.
Im gonna practice on my daughter s hair this week:look:.
Probably won't be able to get as fancy as you with the styling, but i am sure determined to get the technique.

If you can cornrow then you can flat twists. I can cornrow the front. I can't do anything with the back. I don't even know what rhythm you are talking about :lol:

[USER=32545 said:
Aggie[/USER];19061361]I might need to continue the SL challenge for at least another 8 months. I may join the APL challenge in March of 2014 as well (not sure yet though). I hope there's not a cut-off time to join it but if there is, I'll do a private APL challenge on my own.

You don't have to be SL to join the APL challenge. As long as you are working towards the goal sometime in 2014, that's all that is needed. But there is no cut off time to join, so come on in when you are ready.

^^Thank you ladies. I'm trying to get my hair to something presentable. It's been raggedy for a while now. Maybe this is the beginning of a new me :yep:

You don't have to be SL to join the APL challenge. As long as you are working towards the goal sometime in 2014, that's all that is needed. But there is no cut off time to join, so come on in when you are ready.

Thanks a million faithVA. I am looking forward to it.

This is how I've been wearing my wig this week. I applied some Ecostyler gel and two strand twisted then bantu knotted the twists. Let it set overnight and took down in the am. I did the same to my little bit of leave out. Sorry for the blurry back shot...my son took it. I did take a pic of the wig once I took dow the the twists by itself.

ForumRunner_20131006_205847.jpg

ForumRunner_20131006_205858.jpg

ForumRunner_20131006_205909.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

This is how I've been wearing my wig this week. I applied some Ecostyler gel and two strand twisted then bantu knotted the twists. Let it set overnight and took down in the am. I did the same to my little bit of leave out. Sorry for the blurry back shot...my son took it. I did take a pic of the wig once I took dow the the twists by itself.

View attachment 228343

HPG

That's cute. That is also a lot of hair.

[USER=372435 said:
gbunnie[/USER];19061725]I think full SL will happen for me around March next year so I think I can get a hint of APL by December 2014. Sighhh

We will all be in there together. Quite a few of us plan on being their through December and longer.

HairPleezeGrow
Girl, you are wearing that wig!! It looks really cute on you. It looks like real hair and very similar to your texture. How do you have a leave out with a wig?? Where did you find it? Its gotta be human hair...eas it really expensive??

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow
Girl, you are wearing that wig!! It looks really cute on you. It looks like real hair and very similar to your texture. How do you have a leave out with a wig?? Where did you find it? Its gotta be human hair...eas it really expensive??

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thanks mshoneyfly. I'm posting a pic of how much leave out I left out from my beehive. Yes it's human hair I bought off aliexpress. It's a wig I made. I did a review somewhere on this site about it. It's Peruvian curly/wavy hair. I bought 4 packs (yes its a lot of hair) for $196 I think. Aliexpress is cheaper than American vendors who sale virgin human hair. It's applied behind the hair line.

This is how much leave out I have.
ForumRunner_20131007_063942.jpg

HPG

Last edited:
^^I need to make a wig. That is going to be the only way I can get what I want. I just don't see that happening any time soon.

^^I need to make a wig. That is going to be the only way I can get what I want. I just don't see that happening any time soon.

You can get your stuff for it and slowly work on it. Take your time making it so you get it the way you want it.

HPG

You can get your stuff for it and slowly work on it. Take your time making it so you get it the way you want it.

HPG

Maybe I will start by just watching some yt videos. Since I am hosting the Twist, Braid, Bun challenge I can't wig it up until January. That will give me enough time to at least get started.

I was watching a ytber whose niece made her a natural wig and it was so cute. When I saw that I wanted one.

I found a stylist that will shape up the wigs I have. I have an appointment at the end of the month, so I will take it with me and see what she says.

I hate having anything on my head, so I am going to have to have a wig I love before I will really wear it.

Maybe I will start by just watching some yt videos. Since I am hosting the Twist, Braid, Bun challenge I can't wig it up until January. That will give me enough time to at least get started.

I was watching a ytber whose niece made her a natural wig and it was so cute. When I saw that I wanted one.

I found a stylist that will shape up the wigs I have. I have an appointment at the end of the month, so I will take it with me and see what she says.

I hate having anything on my head, so I am going to have to have a wig I love before I will really wear it.

Yeah I hear you.

HPG

faithVA
I know what you mean. I don't like anything on my head either. I only wear a hat when the Chicago 'hawk' is really showin out.

Thats why Ive never been successful with wigs. I went to a store once and tried on one. I told the girl, 'oh, this one is too little' and handed it back to her. She just laughed and put it on for me. It was too tight... I got a fat head, :lol:
I thought maybe I could just get the next size up like a dress or pants or something :look:

My DD says she wants to make one but I don't believe she'd wear it. Maybe I could get her to make one for me

I LOVE this HHJ!!

[USER=356485 said:
mshoneyfly[/USER];19063741]faithVA
I know what you mean. I don't like anything on my head either. I only wear a hat when the Chicago 'hawk' is really showin out.

Thats why Ive never been successful with wigs. I went to a store once and tried on one. I told the girl, 'oh, this one is too little' and handed it back to her. She just laughed and put it on for me. It was too tight... I got a fat head, :lol:
I thought maybe I could just get the next size up like a dress or pants or something :look:

My DD says she wants to make one but I don't believe she'd wear it. Maybe I could get her to make one for me

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I'm from Cleveland and we had those hawk winters as well. My mother would always try to get me to wear a hat :nono: Even now I take a scarf and wrap it around my head. That's the best I can do.

I have a big head too. When I tried on the wig, the Korean lady said, Oh you have big head :lol: Ok, thanks lady.

They do make wigs in different sizes but you have to buy them online. The stores usually only stock the popular size. I hear women talking about pinning their wigs down. My wig ain't going no where :lol:

I do want at least 2, especially when I got out of town. I need an emergency back up :yep:

If I make one, I will tell you how to make a big headed wig :yep:

I'm late but cute flat twists faithVA and love the wig HairPleezeGrow! She's gorgeous :yep:

Today I'm finally washing and I got out my curlformers to stretch not for style purposes. That will be my length check. Pics to come later today. :grin:

I'm late but cute flat twists faithVA and love the wig HairPleezeGrow! She's gorgeous :yep:

Today I'm finally washing and I got out my curlformers to stretch not for style purposes. That will be my length check. Pics to come later today. :grin:

Thank You. Oh, can't wait for the pics.

If you aren't going to use them for style, you can always do the lazy man curlformers and only put them on the pieces you are going to use for the length check picture :look: Not that I ever did that :lol:

Flat iron fail....I quit after this section

image-1400912893.jpg

Attachments

• image-4096268419.jpg
    image-4096268419.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image-25130721.jpg
    image-25130721.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 27
I have had a very long journey. It hurts me to see how close I was. Ok shaking that off :lol: Here is my hair in September 2011. This is where I would like to get back to by Dec 2011. This time around I will do a curlformer set with no heat.

CurlformerDo.jpg

CurlformerLengthCheckPic1.JPG

NapeLengthCheckPic1.JPG

I have had a very long journey. It hurts me to see how close I was. Ok shaking that off :lol: Here is my hair in September 2011. This is where I would like to get back to by Dec 2011. This time around I will do a curlformer set with no heat.

Oh faith you will get there. No worries it will come.

HPG

Back