SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];19074033]Glad the spritzes are working for you faithVA! It really is the bomb.com once you find the right combo... and the combos are really endless!

Gotta take my LC pic :look: it's coming along quite nicely.

Yeah, I'm still working through the combos. Since I only do my hair once a week, it will be a while before I find the right one.

I bought some ingredients from Ingredients to Die For, I hope to try those soon to see if they help with my moisture.

I have a lot of teas and a lot of ingredients to practice with :yep: I'm just trying to minimize my breakage in the meantime.

LC! Apologies but my selfie cam has a crack right thru the lens :rolleyes: btw, you will see these same dang pics in Apl 2014. Lol

My finger is right on my collarbone. Bangs at the top of my nose. But won't call sl until the crown looks like something.

What's most amazing is the shine and change of texture from Ayurvedics, which I show in a bang texture shot. It was 4c+ and dull now it's more like 3c to 4a with good shine. Here the hair is stretched from curlformers.

ForumRunner_20131009_170106.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_170205.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131009_170819.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131009_170819.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Still rocking my crochets! I've been spraying braid spray on my scalp about every other day. Every morning I run my fingers through & trim fuzzies with the scissors then fluff it up with some mousse. I've been getting compliments left & right. Especially from strangers. They actually think that I just have really wild & curly hair! Lolol! I'm going to try to go at least another month but buy my hair to do them again in about two weeks to already have it on hand in case I change my mind :)

Last edited:
I missed so much the 3 days I was gone! Took last night and this morning to catch up with all that I missed!!! HairPleezeGrow and mshoneyfly hair comparions and DarkJoy and faithVA LCs are awesome! I think I'll need to run a comparison as well bc i I feel like Im really behind you all, especially after my nape dryness/breakage setback in May.
I joined the APL14 challenge and I'm going to join the SL14 challenge as well. I need to post somw pictures :look:

I missed so much the 3 days I was gone! Took last night and this morning to catch up with all that I missed!!! HairPleezeGrow and mshoneyfly hair comparions and DarkJoy and faithVA LCs are awesome! I think I'll need to run a comparison as well bc i I feel like Im really behind you all, especially after my nape dryness/breakage setback in May.
I joined the APL14 challenge and I'm going to join the SL14 challenge as well. I need to post somw pictures :look:

There is no behind. We are all in here inching forward together. Glad you are hanging out with us in the next challenge.

Hi Ladies!! Man I wish I had started with this at the beginning of the year, because I've actually made progress! (never happens for me). I haven't mastered the art of taking pics of my hair yet so please don't judge the incredibly blurry pic, lol. Hopefully you all get the idea.

What length are you now? - Neck length. :-/

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed head.

What retention methods do you plan on using? Little to no heat, protective styles when I can, and super moisturized hair and ends.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? No, not now. I've taken Hairfinity but didn't see huge results.

Attachments

• Hair Challenge.jpg
    Hair Challenge.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi Ladies!! Man I wish I had started with this at the beginning of the year, because I've actually made progress! (never happens for me). I haven't mastered the art of taking pics of my hair yet so please don't judge the incredibly blurry pic, lol. Hopefully you all get the idea. What length are you now? - Neck length. :-/ Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed head. What retention methods do you plan on using? Little to no heat, protective styles when I can, and super moisturized hair and ends. Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? No, not now. I've taken Hairfinity but didn't see huge results.

Welcome! It's never too late to join . Don't forget to join the SL 2014 and APL 2014 challenges as well :)

LC! Apologies but my selfie cam has a crack right thru the lens :rolleyes: btw, you will see these same dang pics in Apl 2014. Lol

My finger is right on my collarbone. Bangs at the top of my nose. But won't call sl until the crown looks like something.

What's most amazing is the shine and change of texture from Ayurvedics, which I show in a bang texture shot. It was 4c+ and dull now it's more like 3c to 4a with good shine. Here the hair is stretched from curlformers.

View attachment 228741

View attachment 228745

Wait, you can change the texture of your hair? I'm confused.

@ksreese23

Welcome to the club, girl!!

I use henna and so does DarkJoy along with indigo and lots of other ayervedic powders and clays mixed with conditioner or as a tea rinse. Henna colors and temp softens your texture and coats the hair shaft to seal the cuticle and help with hair growth and thickness. You should check them out.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Wait, you can change the texture of your hair? I'm confused.
Yes KDReese23 what mshoneyfly said :lol:

Some of these ayurvedic powders like henna seem to loosen the kink in the hair a bit. Nice if you have fine super kinky hair that cant be combed and barely finger detangled through like mine.:yep: I'm retaining better like this because not every little thing is breaking it off so much.

Yes KDReese23 what mshoneyfly said :lol:

Some of these ayurvedic powders like henna seem to loosen the kink in the hair a bit. Nice if you have fine super kinky hair that cant be combed and barely finger detangled through like mine.:yep: I'm retaining better like this because not every little thing is breaking it off so much.
Wow, who knew? Obviously everyone here but me, lol. I'll have to look into that. I have super fine hair too. Surprisingly enough it never tangles but toward the end of my relaxer period it's ridiculous trying to comb it at the root and/or keep it moisturized.

I thought I was almost tangle free too as a TWA :look: but hitting that SL and longer well...not so lucky. When I was relaxed, never had tangle troubles like you but that new growth was no joke. lol

I was feeling really sorry for myself because I was overwhelmed by my newly texlaxed hair. I haven't had a relaxer since 2008. I found the forum and joined the same year. I could never seem to get past neck length. I have a history of shame with my hair. My mom didn't know how to care for it and she talked bad about it. I was called names in school like Grace Jones and baby eagle. I thought i had dealt with that shame.
Now as i approach shoulder length I realize that over the years this was when I would give up, chop it off and start over.
I'm afraid of long hair! I sabotage!
My sister has 3b thick black curls and dark beautiful skin and my brother has dark blonde curls and blue eyes. My intelligence was admired. They tsk'd about my hair.

Im not giving up. I've accidentally glued my hair and cut out a patch. I clip my split ends instead of shaving to a TWA, I've simplified my regimen and I'm going to reach this goal, gosh darn it.

Even if it's one patch on the left side of my head, I'm claiming SL and it will be by the end of December.

I was feeling really sorry for myself because I was overwhelmed by my newly texlaxed hair. I haven't had a relaxer since 2008. I found the forum and joined the same year. I could never seem to get past neck length. I have a history of shame with my hair. My mom didn't know how to care for it and she talked bad about it. I was called names in school like Grace Jones and baby eagle. I thought i had dealt with that shame.
Now as i approach shoulder length I realize that over the years this was when I would give up, chop it off and start over.
I'm afraid of long hair! I sabotage!
My sister has 3b thick black curls and dark beautiful skin and my brother has dark blonde curls and blue eyes. My intelligence was admired. They tsk'd about my hair.

Im not giving up. I've accidentally glued my hair and cut out a patch. I clip my split ends instead of shaving to a TWA, I've simplified my regimen and I'm going to reach this goal, gosh darn it.

Even if it's one patch on the left side of my head, I'm claiming SL and it will be by the end of December.

Aww we are here for you all the way girly. Don't give up and we are here to encourage you and one another.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Not really doing a length check but when my hair is wet I will pull a strand or two. My nape has been sitting at collarbone forever. That's just what it likes to do. Two inches above that is starting to touch my shoulder. And it looks like the rest of my hair behind my hair is trying to join it. My bangs are just touching the bottom of my lip.

My center crown though is asking for more love. She is growing up she also has the most breakage. She isn't touching the top of my ear yet.

Sounds like our hair is in the same place faithVA! You still massaging the crown? Thanks for that advice long ago! I finally took it seriously and its really helping (also with that inversion thing--wow!).

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];19096157]Sounds like our hair is in the same place faithVA! You still massaging the crown? Thanks for that advice long ago! I finally took it seriously and its really helping (also with that inversion thing--wow!).

I think we are in the same place.

I am still massaging my crown. I also use my oil blend and have just starting putting the mudwash on my scalp as a scalp treatment before I wash. I really need to do the inversion but I'm not consistent.

OMGOMGOMG!

I am able to pull my hair up! :reddancer:

It's too kinky to actually pull the ends into a high bun, but I was able to pull it back into a low bun. I wont be sporting it until there's more than the length of my middle finger to show off, though :lachen: unless I add some marley

SingBrina Nice growth and retention!! :love: that haircut too...it still looks good

OAN: I used my Split Ender again on Sunday and my ends look pretty good. Im DCing o/n with warm hair trigger mixed with more garlic and cayenne oil and Nubian Heritage hemp & tamanu on top. I will wash with shikakai poo bar, tea rinse and VO5 as a r/o in the morning.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
just checking in! SingBrina my hair is cut similar to yours. do you plan on evening things out or just let it grow out. my right side is longer than my left side. i am just going to let it grow out. once i make it to MBL, i may even it up a bit. but i really like to wear buns, since i have a baby boy that loves to pull on and mess up my hair. i have to wear it pinned up with a scarf on around him.

Back