SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Yall, I love working from home where I can wash my hair, be on LHCF AND get a full day's pay. :lol: Pull test shows my back layers grazing CBL in just that time. Another inch for my crown to touch my ears. My bangs are grazing the bridge of my nose FINALLY! 2 weeks of PS paid off. Revisiting phony buns with Marley hair this week. They need to be dry buns cuz wet just take my ends all the way off. Got to stretch my sides overnight via banding and use a bazillion pins to get it all to the top of my head but as long as it's neat and stays should be good enough for work. :yep:
Girl I hate you.

Im doing another henna tomorrow. After my texturizer, it looks like most of my color is gone :(

Hair is a tad bit tangly and dry after all the protein so I will use the Godrej Nupur mix with all the extra goodies inside. Tonight I will mix it up and freeze it then moisturize my hair and baggy for a few hours.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

My hair got braided into a beehive yesterday to make wigging it a bit more easier. And give my hair a break. I only left a little leave out. I applied my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi in pumpkin spice. Has anyone done a beehive? How long does it lasts b4 having to redo? HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I just got my hair braided into a beehive today. She said it should last 2-3 weeks. We'll see what happens.

I think I may be getting really bad cramps from taking hairfinity:perplexed. Disappointed. Going to try to up my water intake and see how that goes-_-

I think I may be getting really bad cramps from taking hairfinity:perplexed. Disappointed. Going to try to up my water intake and see how that goes-_-

Definitely do some research and see if that's one of the side effects. I would let the company know as well. If the water doesn't help I would stop taking them bc it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe it's something specifically in those pills that are causing the cramps.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I think high doses of b vitamins cause stomach problems (and also acne) in some people. I get issues with indigestion and trapped wind already sometimes, but this seems to bring it on badly.

I've been drinking loads of water today and it seems to have gotten better for now.

my hair is doing that thing where it curls up after hitting the base of your neck! yay and nay all at once!

what length does it stop doing that and what can i do to fix this?

:giggle:
Looks like I can work from home tomorrow too! Hmmm... wonder if I wanna re-install my crochets while I 'work'? :rofl:

You sound like me!! I work from home one day a week (soon to be two days) & thats when I get to really "play" in my hair. I put my crochets on a work from home day too! :grin::grin:

my hair is doing that thing where it curls up after hitting the base of your neck! yay and nay all at once!

I dk what you mean...can you post a pic of it?

HPG

I dk what you mean...can you post a pic of it?

HPG

you see what it's doing? it's like curling up. my hair never did that before but i guess it wasn't long enough?

i want to amend this. i don't like wrapping my hair around my head although i do cover it. what shoudl i do?

Attachments

• Snapshot_20131001_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20131001_1.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 19
you see what it's doing? it's like curling up. my hair never did that before but i guess it wasn't long enough?

i want to amend this. i don't like wrapping my hair around my head although i do cover it. what shoudl i do?

Oh I see. Well you could use some sort of pin to pin it down or what about the soft sponge roller just on the ends b4 bed.

HPG

Yall, I love working from home where I can wash my hair, be on LHCF AND get a full day's pay. :lol:

Pull test shows my back layers grazing CBL in just that time. Another inch for my crown to touch my ears. My bangs are grazing the bridge of my nose FINALLY! 2 weeks of PS paid off.

Revisiting phony buns with Marley hair this week. They need to be dry buns cuz wet just take my ends all the way off. Got to stretch my sides overnight via banding and use a bazillion pins to get it all to the top of my head but as long as it's neat and stays should be good enough for work. :yep:

Girl who you telling???!? Ive been working from home since May and having henna or dcing hair while on a confrence call AND surfing LHCF is the business!!!

I was gonna suggest maybe hair rollers as well at night before bed. Small ones may leave it as a tight curl & larger ones more looser but it depends on your preference. Either should still accomplish getting it to curl under versus upwards.

I love me some Elasta QP Mango Butter & Olive Oil as my moisturizer (outside of braids) but I was thinking of making my own whipped Shea Butter mix. I've never done it before but I'm such a DIYer that I think it shouldn't be hard at all. If I did it now, I wouldn't be able to see how I like it on my own hair for another few weeks so I'll have to use it on my daughter's hair. I think that I'll do it this weekend!!:grin:

Oh I see. Well you could use some sort of pin to pin it down or what about the soft sponge roller just on the ends b4 bed.

HPG

Soft sponge rollers will work. I would only need 3-4 because it's just the nape of my hair.

I think full SL. My hair is starting not to do that.so the base of the nape needs to sit comfortably on your shoulders.

I think full SL. My hair is starting not to do that.so the base of the nape needs to sit comfortably on your shoulders.

Now that fall is here, I will be Bunning for the rest of the year. I will add a piece here and there for more flare when I want to be fancy.

Hi Wenbev

I think I was taking it within the first few bites of my food.

Today I took it directly following my food.

try to always take vits after a full meal and with a full glass of room temp water or water that is not icy cold. The stomach needs padding before ingesting and water that is room temp aids in overall digestion. Especially increase water intake by 2x with hair vits and especially if it contains silica.

try to always take vits after a full meal and with a full glass of room temp water or water that is not icy cold. The stomach needs padding before ingesting and water that is room temp aids in overall digestion. Especially increase water intake by 2x with hair vits and especially if it contains silica.

Thank you many times :grin: I don't think I have been taking it with a full glass of water either after the meal. Usually just a gulp. Will try it properly tomorrow.

Hey Ladies,

Is anyone feeling like a LC isn't necessary or are you doing them later this week? You know yesterday was a check in date. I think Im gonna use my Split Ender again sometime this week.

naija24 I think your hair is very cute :) It may be curling up naturally because its cut sort of in a layered shape. The good news is: you have some nice shape to your hair, it frames the face nicer than if it were all one length and as you go along it will grow out healthy and cute without looking a HAM! I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Is anyone feeling like a LC isn't necessary or are you doing them later this week? You know yesterday was a check in date. I think Im gonna use my Split Ender again sometime this week.

naija24 I think your hair is very cute :) It may be curling up naturally because its cut sort of in a layered shape. The good news is: you have some nice shape to your hair, it frames the face nicer than if it were all one length and as you go along it will grow out healthy and cute without looking a HAM! I LOVE this HHJ!!

I think im going to forgo this LC since my hair is braided under my wig. I probably won't do one until the end of the year. I don't want to obsess over length or get disappointed.

HPG

Hey Ladies,

It was :blush: I didn't realize that. I'm not going to do a length check. I'm not close to SL. I will wait until the end of December.

I want a split ender. I think I will get one either when I'm full SL or when something reaches APL.

LC was yesterday?! I guess I got my challenges confused, I was thinking next LC was when I did my next touchup, tehehe! But uh unn, I'm not planning on taking my crochets out for another few weeks then she's going right back up in some more. LC for me very well maybe in Dec.

LC was yesterday?! I guess I got my challenges confused, I was thinking next LC was when I did my next touchup, tehehe! But uh unn, I'm not planning on taking my crochets out for another few weeks then she's going right back up in some more. LC for me very well maybe in Dec.

Yeah, I think most people are just hanging out :lol: This seems to be a laid back challenge.

Back