SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

No. I haven't made my public announcement yet. I hate to fail in public. :sad: Privately I can accept it a little better :lol:. As of right now, I will keep a close eye on this thread.

No. I haven't made my public announcement yet. I hate to fail in public. :sad: Privately I can accept it a little better :lol:. As of right now, I will keep a close eye on this thread.

Come on over with us girly. Trust me no one will judge...we all want the same thang!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

It saddens me that it make take another 4 months to get to shoulder length and the thread is already moving on to APL.

It saddens me that it make take another 4 months to get to shoulder length and the thread is already moving on to APL.

Naija its going to take most of us that long or more to get to SL so don't be discouraged. We all just have hope that we will make our next goal of APL and we aren't even SL yet. We will reach our goal of SL and beyond so stay positive.

HPG

Girl we aren't shoulder length either. You are part of our crew now. You go where we go :yep: In 2014 you will be SL and working on APL, so it's all good. :yep:

Most of us will be in this thread through the rest of 2013. And if someone starts a SL 2014 thread I may be in that one as well. It is very common to be in 2 length check threads at the same time.

Are you guys going to start a 2014 challenge? If so tag me. I'm transitioning and would love to have full shoulder length hair natural hair by DEC 2014:).

Girl we aren't shoulder length either. You are part of our crew now. You go where we go :yep: In 2014 you will be SL and working on APL, so it's all good. :yep:

Most of us will be in this thread through the rest of 2013. And if someone starts a SL 2014 thread I may be in that one as well. It is very common to be in 2 length check threads at the same time.

Yeah me too. Think I will go ahead and start the SL 2014.

HPG

I am so ready for the next challenge! 2014 will be the year all our hair will be swangin and bangin! :yay:

Ladies I'm just now looking back at my initial pic for this challenge and realized I have come a long way. I do a ton of complaining but reality is my hair is sloooowly getting there. See comparison pics from Nov last year to recent about a month or two ago.

ForumRunner_20131008_151304.jpg

ForumRunner_20131008_162356.jpg

HPG

Or 11 because people kick you out o_o

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

HairPleezeGrow
Ive been looking back at pics myself. Here's what I came up with.

image-1225167065.jpg

I feel like I came a long way too. I didn't really start to see a difference until the months of august and september. I have been busy pouring over my regimen to pinpoint the products/techniques that spurred this growth.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow

I feel like I came a long way too. I didn't really start to see a difference until the months of august and september. I have been busy pouring over my regimen to pinpoint the products/techniques that spurred this growth.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Yep definitely some good retention you've gotten.

HPG

Ladies I'm just now looking back at my initial pic for this challenge and realized I have come a long way. I do a ton of complaining but reality is my hair is sloooowly getting there. See comparison pics from Nov last year to recent about a month or two ago.

Yes, It looks really good. That is why it is so important to take pictures. :yep:

HairPleezeGrow

View attachment 228687

I LOVE this HHJ!!

You are definitely ready for the APL challenge :yep: Your longest layers may actually be there by the end of the year.

Not doing much to my hair. These flat twists are definitely giving me a much needed break. I have just been spritzing them in the morning and evening with a tea mix/glycerin spritz and baggying while I get ready. Slip a bonnet on and I'm done. If I just ride these out through September I think I will be pleased with the results.

Hey Ladies,

Is anyone feeling like a LC isn't necessary or are you doing them later this week? You know yesterday was a check in date. I think Im gonna use my Split Ender again sometime this week.

I agree, I don't think I will be doing a LC this month. I've had to trim off quite a bit and these braids have starting pulling out my edges for the 1st time in 10 yrs. Gonna give my hair a break under a wig for a while to recover. A nice natural u-part one I'm making.x
Think my next LC will be the final 'reveal' in December.

Not doing much to my hair. These flat twists are definitely giving me a much needed break. I have just been spritzing them in the morning and evening with a tea mix/glycerin spritz and baggying while I get ready. Slip a bonnet on and I'm done. If I just ride these out through September I think I will be pleased with the results.

Hey how much tea and glycerin do you use? Any water added to your mix or is the tea all the liquid you have in there? I've been trying to find a way to incorporate my tea more than just a tea rinse here and there.

HPG

[USER=330401 said:
HairPleezeGrow[/USER];19073447]Hey how much tea and glycerin do you use? Any water added to your mix or is the tea all the liquid you have in there? I've been trying to find a way to incorporate my tea more than just a tea rinse here and there.

HPG

I started with 4 oz of tea with 1 tsp of glycerin. I didn't add any water. After I take down my twist I will decide weather I want to add additional glycerin. If I do I will add an additional 1/2 tsp. With this mix my hair doesn't feel sticky but not quite sure if it is moisturized either.

But start with a small amount of tea in a bottle and start with 1 tsp of glycerin. Then you can add more with your next batch if needed. Your tea batch is probably better than mine so you may not need much glycerin at all.

My scalp is really dry in the winter. I am hoping the spritzing helps.

I started with 4 oz of tea with 1 tsp of glycerin. I didn't add any water. After I take down my twist I will decide weather I want to add additional glycerin. If I do I will add an additional 1/2 tsp. With this mix my hair doesn't feel sticky but not quite sure if it is moisturized either.

But start with a small amount of tea in a bottle and start with 1 tsp of glycerin. Then you can add more with your next batch if needed. Your tea batch is probably better than mine so you may not need much glycerin at all.

My scalp is really dry in the winter. I am hoping the spritzing helps.

Okay thanks!

HPG

Some folk just don't make no sense. :look:

Bwahahaha!

Just be happy I don't have internet or I'd be posting in the twa thread STILL on a regular. But I'll be back on the computer again in Nov so I'm about to be more active again

In all 50-11 threads lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Glad the spritzes are working for you faithVA! It really is the bomb.com once you find the right combo... and the combos are really endless!

Gotta take my LC pic :look: it's coming along quite nicely.

Back