SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Going to do a steam with Hydroquench go deep this weekend. I've been applying my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi pumpkin spice oil every night. This beehive is definitely coming down and getting redone in 2 more weeks. It's already looking like it needs to be redone lol. My hair is just too fine for scalp braids. Oh well I'm still going to stay braided under my wig and glad I tried the beehive bc its still working better than str8 back.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

So my twist out was a fail. First, i agree with @haipleezegrow, that there was no crunchy feeling from the gel. I was really surprised to find my hair super soft, too soft. Right after undoing the twists it looked good, but the hair felt too soft to hold a curl. As soon as i started separating, all definition was gone. So i picked it out again and wore a cute little wavy afro style. I will post them pictures after i edit this post. Although noone needs to see this mess:nono:.
Here are the pictures as promised

image-1458112195.jpg

I should be banned for posting this, lol

image-2727777507.jpg

Here s how I actually wore it out. Fully combed out. The back loocked like a fluffy Afro.

image-4201716290.jpg

I wore if like that the next day

And here's a full view of what i looked like the night of my flat iron

Attachments

• DSCN0303.jpg
    DSCN0303.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Here are the pictures as promised

I should be banned for posting this, lol

Here s how I actually wore it out. Fully combed out. The back loocked like a fluffy Afro.

I wore if like that the next day

I think it's cute! I like the 2nd pic where it's pinned back and the fluffy fro.

HPG

I think it's cute! I like the 2nd pic where it's pinned back and the fluffy fro.

HPG

Thanks, these 2 were ok. I really wanted a nice stretched out twist out though. This style has been a fail for me for ever. My avatar picture is a twist out on blow dried hair. I posted about it some times ago; although it looks ok in the avi, it was a disaster of a style. I posted close up pictures the night i did it, and it was not pretty.
Waiting for longer hair to try again. I realized with long hair, definition is not as important. Longhairdon'tcare:lachen:

Sooo I think for our APL 2014 challenge that ronie is going to create we should have LC twice a year. A begging challenge pic of course but our LC pics should be in June and December that way we have enough time pass to tell if and how much length we've gained.

HPG

Sooo I think for our APL 2014 challenge that ronie is going to create we should have LC twice a year. A begging challenge pic of course but our LC pics should be in June and December that way we have enough time pass to tell if and how much length we've gained.

HPG

:perplexed
See you got the LC time like a Boss. Sounds like the captain to me:yep:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Any tips for bunning NL hair?

I think it's the same all around with bunning in general...just make sure you aren't bunning too tight and keep your ends well moisturized and tucked neatly away. Wet bunning is a non no but I think some have success with damp bunning and don't bun for too long. Please show us a pic of your bun if you decide to do it.

HPG

today is wash day :) have tea brewing, warming oil for a prepoo while I run errands, will cowash with suave naturals, finish up the ssi banana dc and final rinse with tea.

So the air here has hit BONE DRY. Noticed last night my hair is just starting to get annoyed with this... my skin too. I sometimes leave out the mid-week cowash but that cant happen. Might need to get back to 2x mid-week cowash like last spring. Was able to get away with 1 or none all summer. Oh well...

No ma'am....it's all you. :-) I wouldn't even know how to set up a challenge thread. Any ideas for ronie ladies on how to set up our 2014 APL? HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow
You just start a new thread, say something inspirational and basically copy text from the current APL challenge, right? Of course change the dates and tell everyone to thank the first post so you can keep track of all challengers. Is there something Im forgetting?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow
You just start a new thread, say something inspirational and basically copy text from the current APL challenge, right? Of course change the dates and tell everyone to thank the first post so you can keep track of all challengers. Is there something Im forgetting?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Yes you are forgetting that ronie is starting the thread! Lol

HPG

HairPleezeGrow You just start a new thread, say something inspirational and basically copy text from the current APL challenge, right? Of course change the dates and tell everyone to thank the first post so you can keep track of all challengers. Is there something Im forgetting? I LOVE this HHJ!!
Nope you did not forget anything. Just make sure to tag me when you start.

The nape doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but the rest of the back is edging towards SL. Some of my front is just past my top lip. I want all of my back to be SL before I claim it. So it looks like spring of next year.

Last night I thawed an old (about 3 months), unlabeled henna mix. IDK what I put in it but was determined to use it (too lazy to mix a fresh one) :look:

I added irish moss and watercress powder :love:
Slept in it o/n and washed out with shikakai shampoo bar and then vo5 herbal escapes ocean refresh. Hair is noticeably silky, shiny and strong.

I brewed a tea mix too but didnt have time to use it yet

Last edited:
Last night I thawed an old (about 3 months), unlabeled henna mix. IDK what I put in it but was determined to use it (too lazy to mix a fresh one) :look:

I added irish moss and watercress powder :love:
Slept in it o/n and washed out with shikakai shampoo bar and then vo5 herbal escapes ocean refresh. Hair is noticeably silky, shiny and strong.

I brewed a tea mix too but didnt have time to use it yet

Sounds so yummy for the hair! I need to make another hendigo mix bc my grays are just every where about an inch long lol.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow
I cant say I wish I had more grays but its a good way to measure how much growth you're getting. I have grays but only a few sporadic ones. I have a lot of little ones right on my left side hairline. They don't really grow longer but I am getting some thickness. When the color starts to wear off of that area I know its time to henna.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I might need to continue the SL challenge for at least another 8 months. I may join the APL challenge in March of 2014 as well (not sure yet though). I hope there's not a cut-off time to join it but if there is, I'll do a private APL challenge on my own.

Back