SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Walks in thread, reads all the nonsense about hosting APL 14, drools on HairPleezeGrow gorgeous twist out, walks out to search for long forgotten jar of Eco styler argan ( yes, found it), comes back to lurke some more, leaves thread and will wait for one of these fine SL sistas to start APL 14 soon.

Girl you betta stop playing!

ETA: hahaha

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Walks in thread, reads all the nonsense about hosting APL 14, drools on HairPleezeGrow gorgeous twist out, walks out to search for long forgotten jar of Eco styler argan ( yes, found it), comes back to lurke some more, leaves thread and will wait for one of these fine SL sistas to start APL 14 soon.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

going full force with the ayurvedics and tea yall! always been a henna head but have been doing tea rinses with rosemary and nettle since the summer which has reduced my shedding to 1/10 of what it has been since March. A month ago, I started adding other herbs that the gals from the coffee, tea, ayurvedic, etc challenge thread are using as well as KeraVada products as of two weeks ago.
Let me just say, I did a henna about three weeks ago and hair is shinier and I see not only grey hairs popping out, but new hairs that are super fine maybe a half inch in length. As I mentioned a few days ago upthread my hair is also bigger.

going full force with the ayurvedics and tea yall! always been a henna head but have been doing tea rinses with rosemary and nettle since the summer which has reduced my shedding to 1/10 of what it has been since March. A month ago, I started adding other herbs that the gals from the coffee, tea, ayurvedic, etc challenge thread are using as well as KeraVada products as of two weeks ago.
Let me just say, I did a henna about three weeks ago and hair is shinier and I see not only grey hairs popping out, but new hairs that are super fine maybe a half inch in length. As I mentioned a few days ago upthread my hair is also bigger.

That's gr8 Wen. I do have ayurvedic powders and never thought to add to my tea. Hmmm I only use them with my hendigo.

HPG

Moisturized my 10 day old flat iron (more like a blow out now) with entwine couture exotique butter creme hydrator, and put in medium twists with Eco styler Argan oil. Been trying to achieve the stretched out twist out look since Monday. Every time I ended up picking my hair out into a blow out fro. I even tried the miss Jessie's buttercream. The closest I got was a wavy fro after using QB gel.
Will post pictures tonight. Washing my hair out tomorrow, so hoping to end this flat iron with a bang, lol.
Thanks for the Eco inspiration HPG.

Moisturized my 10 day old flat iron (more like a blow out now) with entwine couture exotique butter creme hydrator, and put in medium twists with Eco styler Argan oil. Been trying to achieve the stretched out twist out look since Monday. Every time I ended up picking my hair out into a blow out fro. I even tried the miss Jessie's buttercream. The closest I got was a wavy fro after using QB gel.
Will post pictures tonight. Washing my hair out tomorrow, so hoping to end this flat iron with a bang, lol.
Thanks for the Eco inspiration HPG.

Hey don't pic it out. Use your fingers and separate the twists gently. Then use the pic only at the roots to lift to cover the parts.

HPG

My last update pic 11th July and new one 20th September

gszf.jpg

gzz0.jpg

Dealing with extreme dryness at the moment. Driving me mental. I've been told my hair is high porosity which I personally feel is a natural tendency for me rather than damage, but it's never been this bad before:perplexed. In the past it would feel dry about 2 days after wash day and then start to hold moisture. Now it can be a week and its still sucking up any product and going back to dry -_-

Last edited:
I'm going to try flat twist for a while. Let's see how fuzzy they get. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can get better at styling. Here's today's style though.

FTFRP1 (457x341).jpg

FTSDP2 (640x381).jpg

FTBKP2 (640x479).jpg

ronie HPG is giving good advice; use your fingers. This method works for a twist out, braid out, Bantu knot out AND roller sets! :yep: faithVA Your flat twists are cute! They look nice on you but I think you can probably pull off most any style. Nice job!

Sumra
Nice retention. The first pic looks like collarbone length. You are well past that point in the second pic. I am high porosity too. Henna really helps seal my shaft and helps my hair to hold more moisture.
I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
I'm going to try flat twist for a while. Let's see how fuzzy they get. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can get better at styling. Here's today's style though.

They look nice. Yours are so thick and chunky not like my anorexic ones lol.

HPG

My last update pic 11th July and new one 20th September

Dealing with extreme dryness at the moment. Driving me mental. I've been told my hair is high porosity which I personally feel is a natural tendency for me rather than damage, but it's never been this bad before:perplexed. In the past it would feel dry about 2 days after wash day and then start to hold moisture. Now it can be a week and its still sucking up any product and going back to dry -_-

That's some nice growth girly!

HPG

Nice! And those flat twists create the best twistouts!!!

Thank You. I've yet to have a nice flat twist out. My ends always come out crunchy and my hair is drier than when I wear twists. I'm hoping that length helps. Maybe I just haven't gotten the right twist out products yet.

So I just couldnt wait any longer...I texturized today at 13 weeks post. My wet pony looks a little plumper and fuller so that makes me happy. Will probably post a pic tomorro

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thank You. I've yet to have a nice flat twist out. My ends always come out crunchy and my hair is drier than when I wear twists. I'm hoping that length helps. Maybe I just haven't gotten the right twist out products yet.

Try to spray your hair with liquid moisturizer or liquid condish at least 2x/day. I use a bit of castor oil or hair trigger oil in my scalp only while in flat twists. you'll really need a product to smooth your entire hair shaft. I like darcy's bot sweet cocoa bean smoothing cream. Also a smaller detangling comb on the ends.

My hair got braided into a beehive yesterday to make wigging it a bit more easier. And give my hair a break. I only left a little leave out. I applied my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi in pumpkin spice. Has anyone done a beehive? How long does it lasts b4 having to redo?

ForumRunner_20130930_063901.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_063913.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_063922.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_063932.jpg

HPG

So my twist out was a fail. First, i agree with @haipleezegrow, that there was no crunchy feeling from the gel. I was really surprised to find my hair super soft, too soft. Right after undoing the twists it looked good, but the hair felt too soft to hold a curl. As soon as i started separating, all definition was gone. So i picked it out again and wore a cute little wavy afro style. I will post them pictures after i edit this post. Although noone needs to see this mess:nono:.

ronie HPG is giving good advice; use your fingers. This method works for a twist out, braid out, Bantu knot out AND roller sets! :yep: faithVA Your flat twists are cute! They look nice on you but I think you can probably pull off most any style. Nice job!

Sumra
Nice retention. The first pic looks like collarbone length. You are well past that point in the second pic. I am high porosity too. Henna really helps seal my shaft and helps my hair to hold more moisture.
I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thanks for the advice ladies, but i think i either used too much products, or i should have i left my hair dry some more. It did not feel wet or damp but very soft. HairPleezeGrow did you use a blow dryer with the gel?
Yes faithVA your flat twists are delicious looking. I have the same issue with my flat twist outs being a bit dryer than regular twist outs. My ends always look a bit weird too.
Sumra that is some nice retention. How are you protecting those ends miss lady. We are nosy around here:look:.

My hair got braided into a beehive yesterday to make wigging it a bit more easier. And give my hair a break. I only left a little leave out. I applied my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi in pumpkin spice. Has anyone done a beehive? How long does it lasts b4 having to redo?

View attachment 227459

View attachment 227461

View attachment 227463

View attachment 227465

HPG

I have. With my hair texture, it can last a good 2-3 weeks. You hair seems to be on the silky side, so i am not sure if it can hold on that long.

Thanks for the advice ladies, but i think i either used too much products, or i should have i left my hair dry some more. It did not feel wet or damp but very soft. HairPleezeGrow did you use a blow dryer with the gel?
Yes faithVA your flat twists are delicious looking. I have the same issue with my flat twist outs being a bit dryer than regular twist outs. My ends always look a bit weird too.
Sumra that is some nice retention. How are you protecting those ends miss lady. We are nosy around here:look:.

No no blow dryer. I started twisting on dry hair bc I noticed it stretches it a bit for me. And I know what you mean about the hair feeling too soft. This is the way mines always is no matter what I use so I just end up twisting it every night with no product after the initial twists. That helps me keep the look, if not I would end up with a curly fro.

HPG

I have. With my hair texture, it can last a good 2-3 weeks. You hair seems to be on the silky side, so i am not sure if it can hold on that long.

K thanks I hope it lasts me at least 3 weeks.

HPG

Try to spray your hair with liquid moisturizer or liquid condish at least 2x/day. I use a bit of castor oil or hair trigger oil in my scalp only while in flat twists. you'll really need a product to smooth your entire hair shaft. I like darcy's bot sweet cocoa bean smoothing cream. Also a smaller detangling comb on the ends.

Thanks. I will try it again when I reach SL. I am usually twisting on wet hair and that seems to be a problem. It works out ok if my hair is stretched and dried. But who has time for all of that :nono:

Thanks ronie.

Last edited:
So the concensus is for me to leave my beehive in no more than 3 or 4 weeks and that's what I'll do.

HPG

Had this crazy dream last night that I decided to press my hair. The strands just went on and on and when I finished pressing it was MBL! :lol: I kept thinking, my shrinkage is massive! No wonder I thought it wasnt retaining!

IRL today, I'm taking out these crochets. I can't take it anymore. It's only been 2 weeks and I want to do a proper wash. Plus I got a small spot in the bangs edge where it broke a little. :( Usually I have leave out there but didnt this last time. Wont be doing that again....

ronie

I put it in cornrows, or flat twists 1x every 3 - 4 weeks and leave it that way:lol: I was never able to retain when I played around in it more because my hair is quite fine/fragile.

Yall, I love working from home where I can wash my hair, be on LHCF AND get a full day's pay. :lol:

Pull test shows my back layers grazing CBL in just that time. Another inch for my crown to touch my ears. My bangs are grazing the bridge of my nose FINALLY! 2 weeks of PS paid off.

Revisiting phony buns with Marley hair this week. They need to be dry buns cuz wet just take my ends all the way off. Got to stretch my sides overnight via banding and use a bazillion pins to get it all to the top of my head but as long as it's neat and stays should be good enough for work. :yep:

Back