SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

I am debating breaking my rule this year and visiting a Dominican salon to get a blowout. I have a party tomorrow night and as host I need to look on point and have my hair be layed!!!

If I shouldn't, someone talk me out of it. :(

If you have been there before then OK. If not consider a roller set.

Otherwise you can end up with heat damage, broken end and a set back. It just isn't worth it trying to be cute for a few hours.

I'll be up in the APL challenge with my super mullet 'fro! Even if the sides and crown havent even reached jaw length yet :look:. They grow so damn slow.

My last pull in the nape showed me less than an inch from CBL! Why cant the crown be like that?!?! Think there's an inch before my crown touches the top of my ears ffs! Argh!

(frustrated)

We will hang in there together DarkJoy. I have to dust my crown quite often because it has a lot of issues. So it is short too :yep: And my nape is so fine :nono:

So let's do the mullet 'fro :yep: We can be like those Dr. Seuss wreck'em up twins :lol:

I'm down to be in the APL challenge. I think APL will be easier than getting to SL considering how long my neck is. I pulled the nape last night and I'm about 3.5" from CBL, my sides that dont grow are STILL a bit below jaw, the front to my top lip and the crown is just under my ear. I still have a long way to go.

Ladies,

Im down for APL too. I started to join that challenge a month ago but I wanted to get all my hair as close to SL as possible. And, the current thread is not all that busy from what I can tell.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

So the middle of my hair goes to my collarbone .. Very front to my lips (which were bangs , so yay!) sides to the middle of my neck , and very back neck length .. My hair is a messs lol . But the middle always grows the fastest so I try not to cut so soon but .. It's tempting !

So the middle of my hair goes to my collarbone .. Very front to my lips (which were bangs , so yay!) sides to the middle of my neck , and very back neck length .. My hair is a messs lol . But the middle always grows the fastest so I try not to cut so soon but .. It's tempting !

step away from the scissors!

Ok. I know y'all can't see detail because my 2 mp camera phone sucks. What you would see is that when i stretch I'm at collar bone. My shoulders are so slopy and my traps(?) are thick as heck and uneven. I'm thinking i won't claim SL until I'm APL. Then I'll be sure. Geesh.

What's up with these sideways pictures? I can't seem to delete them with my phone. I'll fix it when I can get on my computer. They stink. :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130927_040320.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130927_040320.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 28
  • ForumRunner_20130927_041812.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130927_041812.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Seriously I'm really thinking about getting it evened out just because it's going to have to be done at some point. Still thinking about it. :lol:
My bangs : Chin length
Crown: Ear - Chin:wallbash:
Mid layer: Neck -Shoulder
bottom layer: Past collar bone:spinning:
Back - Shoulder

That is very odd :lol: Girl, leave that alone. That middle piece may be the difference in your being able to wear some style that you want.

My hair is not even. I have an asymetrical bob, so I will have to rock a side part for a long time! I may cut it even when I reach mid back length.

I work from home on Fridays so I'm just chilling, polishing my nails, watching old episodes of Vampire Diaries & decided to look in my journal that I decided to start when I began my hair journey (which I haven't written in since July 5th-wow!). It's very interesting to go back & see where you began in comparison to how far you've gotten & the progress that's been made! :grin: So glad that I began this journey!!

I'm posting this in all the threads (almost all) that I'm apart of so if you see it again sorry ahead of time lol.

Okay I'm sooo excited to announce I finally have a twistout I love! I think this is one of my best ones to date. I know it's something so simple or not important to most but being able to have my hair look nice and decent in a style I did is everything to me right now in this stage of my journey. Anyway I cowashed my hair Tuesday night with Wen and then only put in HH Marshmallow LI. Wednesday night I decided to put twists in my hair bc I knew I had a function to go to for my son's daycare and didn't feel like fooling around with my wigs. I put 20 twists in using motions curl creme and argon eco styler gel. I left the twist in as I usually take them down very next day. They set nicely and this morning I had to bug dear old hubby to take pictures of it bc it came out soooo freaking nice. There was no crunch from the gel either. I didnt do anything to the front bc I didnt want to manipulate it too much. Alright alright on to the pics.

20130926_105100-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130927_143427.jpg

ForumRunner_20130927_143445.jpg

ForumRunner_20130927_143500.jpg

ForumRunner_20130927_143515.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

At the Dominican salon. So jealous of all the ladies with long hair and using gray rollers (means their hair is at least APL).

I'm currently getting a deep conditioner. I will post pictures.

Seriously wish my hair was longer. Totally regret my BC :( I'd have been back at SL if I didn't chop.

At the Dominican salon. So jealous of all the ladies with long hair and using gray rollers (means their hair is at least APL).

Seriously wish my hair was longer. Totally regret my BC :( I'd have been back at SL if I didn't chop.

Can't wait to see pics! Don't worry your hair will be there as well.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I know I'm late but I'm joining the challenge. I'm two inches away!

Attachments

• image-926275832.jpg
    image-926275832.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2122763384.jpg
    image-2122763384.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 44

I am going to buy some super size rollers to eyeball for the " I am getting there thrill". I so want to have to use some super size rollers. You are not alone!!

I did not know that there was so much distance between full shoulder length and armpit length. It has been two years and I am still pursuing APL. At least I am making progress!

I did not know that there was so much distance between full shoulder length and armpit length. It has been two years and I am still pursuing APL. At least I am making progress!

felic1 how much distance is it for you?

For me, it's about three inches from my collarbone to my armpits. So I expect to hit APL 6 months following cbl

I am going to buy some super size rollers to eyeball for the " I am getting there thrill". I so want to have to use some super size rollers. You are not alone!!

They gave me their smallest rollers :( pretty disappointed. But again it's about how my hair looks when done not while being done. If my hair to touches the nape of my neck I may do a dance.

HairPleezeGrow
I do know what you mean about styling your own hair and having people say "ooohh, who did your hair"? and you can casually say "oh, I did myself".

Your curls look awesome :) I like how funky and cool it looks in the front!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

@felic1 how much distance is it for you?

For me, it's about three inches from my collarbone to my armpits. So I expect to hit APL 6 months following cbl

It may be four or five inches in the front, but it is maybe eight inches it seems in the back. It is only midway in the back. The front has a few hairs that can stretch to under the arm. The back seems to be growing slower. I am babying the back. See...

Attachments

• 20130717_162316-1.jpg
    20130717_162316-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19
Walks in thread, reads all the nonsense about hosting APL 14, drools on HairPleezeGrow gorgeous twist out, walks out to search for long forgotten jar of Eco styler argan ( yes, found it), comes back to lurke some more, leaves thread and will wait for one of these fine SL sistas to start APL 14 soon.

Back