SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Bumpity bump!

Nothing new for me ladies. I'm getting kind of bored and fed up with my hair lately. I wish I just had way more length (as we all do) bc it seems I'm doing the same old thing and feel limited to what I can do. Also at least if I had more length then if I am doing the same ole things it would look way better and last longer. Oh well in time.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

This is actually the first time I've joined and participated in a length goal thread and I think as its drawing into the last months I'm finding I am watching the pot a bit:perplexed. Thinking about my hair too much and have started playing in it again -_-

Need to get my patience back!

Anyhoo, I have decided to get a nice chic bob cut in Dec or Jan to level off the uneven bits, so looking for google image inspiration:lol:

I haven't been in here in a while. But I'm currently in a sew in. It's been in for about three weeks. I haven't straightened my hair since May 2012 i have no idea how long it is yet. I'm so tempted to take this out and straighten.... But i know i need to stay protected to ensure that I hit that shoulder length mark.., I'd like to be pass shoulder length on New Year's.

Bumpity bump!

Nothing new for me ladies. I'm getting kind of bored and fed up with my hair lately. I wish I just had way more length (as we all do) bc it seems I'm doing the same old thing and feel limited to what I can do. Also at least if I had more length then if I am doing the same ole things it would look way better and last longer. Oh well in time.

HPG

HPG yeah i am kinda bored too. Wish i was APL already, lol. I am happy with my hair right now, cause i can do more things than i could a few months ago. I just need 2 more solid inches, and i will be at peace:yep:. Can't wait to wash out my flat iron so i can put them away in twist extensions.

Im not bored yet cuz Im just starting to really see some length retention and its blowin my mind! :spinning: maybe bc I keep doing diff things and trying diff stuff. List of stuff I bought but haven't tried yet

Watercress powder
Irish moss powder
Horsetail powder
Saw palmetto powder
Elder berry powder
Spina christ powder
Ylang ylang EO
Mullein leaf tea
Licorice root tea

I also need to nail down my rhassoul, bentonite pink Australian clay recipe. Ahhh! Lots to do and so little time

I LOVE this HHJ!!

9 weeks stretched and was gonna relax at 10 , but didn't get much growth in some areas so I'm waiting . My hair in the places that do have NG there so I'm trying to be verrrry , verrrry patient and just wait lol. Might do another sew in , idk !

Hey ladies, noticing thickness at the nape where I had my breakage setback in May :grin: Very happy to see this!! Hoping thickness means forthcoming length!!

Im not bored yet cuz Im just starting to really see some length retention and its blowin my mind! :spinning: maybe bc I keep doing diff things and trying diff stuff. List of stuff I bought but haven't tried yet Watercress powder Irish moss powder Horsetail powder Saw palmetto powder Elder berry powder Spina christ powder Ylang ylang EO Mullein leaf tea Licorice root tea I also need to nail down my rhassoul, bentonite pink Australian clay recipe. Ahhh! Lots to do and so little time I LOVE this HHJ!!
Lol. You do have lots to do. I am done experimenting at this point. I may try a new conditioner here and there(Maybe). Other than that I will stick to keeping it simple until I am full SL.
My mind is already on APL to be honest, lol.

Lol. You do have lots to do. I am done experimenting at this point. I may try a new conditioner here and there(Maybe). Other than that I will stick to keeping it simple until I am full SL.
My mind is already on APL to be honest, lol.

Yep! I'm focusing on apl. I just flat ironed my hair and its grown from a few weeks ago. I really need to take my vits and drink more water. I'm having some health issues and it is what is causing my hair to be dry. I don't even feel like wearing it down.

Hey ladies, noticing thickness at the nape where I had my breakage setback in May :grin: Very happy to see this!! Hoping thickness means forthcoming length!!

That's great! I had nape breakage too and its now growing in. Baby it and be patient, it will come back.

I am ready to APL as well. I've never been full SL natural so I don't know what that is like. I'm just ready to put in a few twists and plop them on the top of my head for weeks on end :lol: I'm feeling really hair lazy.

I did a faux wet bun this past weekend. Never again. Lesson learned. Even though I twisted my hair after that my ends are breaking like crazy. So now I have to baby my ends and hopefully they will forgive me for the transgression.

I am ready to APL as well. I've never been full SL natural so I don't know what that is like. I'm just ready to put in a few twists and plop them on the top of my head for weeks on end :lol: I'm feeling really hair lazy.

I did a faux wet bun this past weekend. Never again. Lesson learned. Even though I twisted my hair after that my ends are breaking like crazy. So now I have to baby my ends and hopefully they will forgive me for the transgression.

Great you caught it early. Stay away from the wet bun miss lady.
So who's gonna be the APL 2014 captain? :look:

ronie is...

HPG

My eyes were on you HairPleezeGrow:look:
You'll make a great captain. So will faithVA, mshoneyfly, Wenbev. Very knowledgeable, and always quick to help with tips, and encouragement. Me I'm just here for the hair pictures:lachen:.
I can be the picture monitor to make sure (i mean remind) people post pictures every week. No excuses, no such thing as i am in braids. or weaves. We love all kind of pictures:lachen:.

Exactly...you ain't getting out of this one ronie. We took a two person vote so far lol and I'm sure the others will be with us!

HPG

Yes we believe in you ronie. And we are here to support you :yep: Let us know when you create the challenge and we will be your first challengers.

I'm not even SL yet & y'all trynna leave me!! Bump dat! I'll be SL by December so y'all aint getting rid of me that easy! Count me in the APL challenge too!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130926_124450.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130926_124450.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 24
I am debating breaking my rule this year and visiting a Dominican salon to get a blowout. I have a party tomorrow night and as host I need to look on point and have my hair be layed!!!

If I shouldn't, someone talk me out of it. :(

I'm not even SL yet & y'all trynna leave me!! Bump dat! I'll be SL by December so y'all aint getting rid of me that easy! Count me in the APL challenge too!!!

Girl ain't none of us SL yet lol. And we don't leave no woman behind!

HPG

I am debating breaking my rule this year and visiting a Dominican salon to get a blowout. I have a party tomorrow night and as host I need to look on point and have my hair be layed!!!

If I shouldn't, someone talk me out of it. :(

Just be careful. If you trust them and have gone to them b4 without heat damage then I say go for it. Only you know how your hair behaves and what it can handle. But you better post pics lol.

HPG

Just be careful. If you trust them and have gone to them b4 without heat damage then I say go for it. Only you know how your hair behaves and what it can handle. But you better post pics lol.

HPG

The best Dominican salon I've ever been to is just far from me but gosh they were worth it. Never had breakage or heat damage from them. Very skilled ladies. I want to go back just because I really have a lot of new growth and I don't want to do my hair myself >_>

Lazy I know.

Plus I always felt like Dominican salons helped me stretch my relaxers to 3-4 months.

I'll be up in the APL challenge with my super mullet 'fro! Even if the sides and crown havent even reached jaw length yet :look:. They grow so damn slow.

My last pull in the nape showed me less than an inch from CBL! Why cant the crown be like that?!?! Think there's an inch before my crown touches the top of my ears ffs! Argh!

(frustrated)

Ill be in be APL challenge next year too! Aiming for APL by fall of next year.

Right now, I'd love to be SL. I'm about two inches from it. Pretty depressing

I'll be up in the APL challenge with my super mullet 'fro! Even if the sides and crown havent even reached jaw length yet :look:. They grow so damn slow.

My last pull in the nape showed me less than an inch from CBL! Why cant the crown be like that?!?! Think there's an inch before my crown touches the top of my ears ffs! Argh!

(frustrated)

My nape grows super fast too! I'd cut off an inch back there at least 3 times in the last year & it grows back within a few months time. My crown and sides fall right at the tip of my nose & bottom of ears but seems to be taking their sweet time! :nono:

Back