SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

faithVA

I just had my name change come through today :lol:

I see. My hair is natural, high porosity. I think I'm supposed to be doing protien every wash day. Do you have any idea how quickly protien wears off your hair? Does it last till the next wash?

I'm just using ORS RP or Aubrey Organics GPB at the moment.

HairPleezeGrow

Yeah it's annoying! I haven't straightened my hair yet so not sure how it will look :spinning:

I know that the bottom layers are collarbone and the rest is between cheek and shoulder.

I use a keratin reconstructor so it binds with the strand. It should not wash off versus other types of protein that lay on the surface of the strand.

If you have high porosity you may want to include a keratin protein treatment in your regimen and perhaps alternate using something like the GPB.

Preview of my flat iron.

image-2073655740.jpg

Close up of the back

image-1969391615.jpg

Not even half way done but I'm excited. Flat iron is on 350, and I m using the chase method with one pass. I curl as I get to the ends. If I need more curls later I will go over it at maybe 275.

image-477710320.jpg

The blow out.

Preview of my flat iron.

Close up of the back

Not even half way done but I'm excited. Flat iron is on 350, and I m using the chase method with one pass. I curl as I get to the ends. If I need more curls later I will go over it at maybe 275.

The blow out.

Can't wait til you're done! Looking so good already.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Did my crochets today! Hoping they last me at least 2 months.

Sorry for the sideways pic. Posting from my phone.

ForumRunner_20130920_191548.jpg

Last edited:
Between my 100 breaks, and my 2 year old wanting everything, by the time I was done I had to rush out for my pedicure before the salon close. I only took a picture of the front then I wrapped my hair.
On my way back home. Before I leave the house tonight I will make sure to take pics all over.
Here s the final look of the front.

image-3819272913.jpg

That is really pretty. This would be a good protective style for me. Looks easy on the edges (my main problem area).

Thank you! That was actually the main reason I chose this PS! Constantly doing wigs wear on my edges & phony ponies get old after a while. I needed something easy on the edges & that I could easily put up to workout in.

Shrinkage is the devil. I believe it's part of tge reason I get so many splits

I've been anti heat for the longest

But I'm going to occassionally start using a blow dryer

I'm contemplating going to the salon to get a trim in about a month but I'm scared

Taking a good picture of my hair with this phone has become such a mission, lol. Anyways I got a few decent ones I can share. I got some nice ones on my camera that I can post later. But until then.

image-2371703249.jpg

image-2371703249.jpg

image-2735062211.jpg

Attachments

• image-1805243224.jpg
    image-1805243224.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 29
Cowashed my hair with Wen 613 after Prepooing with KeraVada brahmi oil. Twisted my hair back up with motions curl creme and pudding.

HPG

Cowashed my hair with Wen 613 after Prepooing with KeraVada brahmi oil. Twisted my hair back up with motions curl creme and pudding.

HPG

Prepooed with coconut oil last night. Didn't mean to sleep in it, but I was so tired. Going to wash today. I had to put my hair in 6 sections this time. New growth is getting thicker. I guess I might flat iron or just try to bun.

shortdub78
That shea moisture ABS purification masque over a nice tea rinse is the only thing to soften my NG. I had been doing a lot of treatments that strengthen (fenugreek paste, bentonite clay, rhassoul clay, shikakai-tulsi paste). Plants and other natural stuff often have protein so I was starting to feel that my hair was too strong!!

Now my NG is soft, fluffy and moist. I wore it in a damp messy bun yesterday and it still feels good this morning! My curls are poppin. Thats when I know I got the moisture-protein balance correct.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Taking a good picture of my hair with this phone has become such a mission, lol. Anyways I got a few decent ones I can share. I got some nice ones on my camera that I can post later. But until then.

Its nice and full and looks healthy. :yep: I think you are going to have some really good growth between now and December. It is going to look even better :yep:

So Ive been trying to see which version of LOC/LCO...works for my hair and which combo of products too.

Thursday night after my tea rinse and DC with the Purification masque on dry hair I did LCO with some Folicure leave in diluted with water as the L, Shea Moisture restorative conditioner as the C and Vatika as the O. My hair retained moisture well for the next 2-1/2 days.

I henna'd today and now Im trying it again with the same products. I wanna see how long I can go this week without needing to remoisturize. I will report back later :yep:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I am going to cowash tomorrow with Tresemme moisturizing conditioner that I added castor and grapeseed to. Im gonna airdry and flat iron and measure. I texlaxed last week and I'm so freaked out about damage I want to measure now before I... well, I'm just gonna cause I've not been very successful with retention and chemicals. I'm staying positive though. I know a lot more not to do.

I'm still unclear what SL is. In the back, its the chicken wing part, right? In the front it's the collar bone sorta, huh? I know it's in this thread somewhere but i can't remember.

Anybody remember where it's located up in here?

Lol @ chicken wing. I count it as level with the tops of the shoulders straight across. Collar bone is a longer length than SL.

rsj.gif

Last edited:
I am retaining :yay: I can finally get all of the back of my hair into a banana clip. :yay: I can't bun yet but this is a start. So I put the banana clip on and then did a mock flat twist in the back. This is a game changer for me. So now I can cowash midweek and I can rollerset because I can put the back up. :yippee:

I may be too lazy to do those things now though :lol: But at least I have the option.

Didn't mean too, but ended up cutting some relaxed ends this weekend. I think I cut about 3", some areas maybe 4. It started when I saw some of the ends were bone straight when I was about to rollerset. That was Sat. I cut some more on Sun right before my rollerset. So all bone straight ends are gone, but I'm just 1mth post so it's still texlaxed hair on my head. I put a pic up in the Everyday stickie thread.

Its nice and full and looks healthy. :yep: I think you are going to have some really good growth between now and December. It is going to look even better :yep:
Thanks. I was a bit surprised with all the shedding I been fighting to see it so thick and full. My ends were great too. My last trim was August 2nd. I really did not need any trim, but since they were straight, and I would trim next month anyways, I went ahead and trimmed off 1/2 an inch all over. I just slapped some coconut oil on it and twisted it up. Next was I will do a hardcore protein. Will baby my hair for the next 2 weeks then it's twist extensions until December.
Gotta be extremely careful though, cause I am team weak edges (read no edges, lol). Thinking of maybe lightly cornrowing the front going back, up to the crown area and then twist the rest. We ll see.

I just got my hair washed and rollerset today. I feel do good because all my efforts have paid off.I am officially shoulder length. I want to thank you ladies for everything.I am off to my next hair journey of APL.I hope to be APL by New Years if it doesnt happen that soon then I hope by easter 2014.I really want to thank you ladies for everything...

[USER=377113 said:
Luckyladyj[/USER];19004871]I just got my hair washed and rollerset today. I feel do good because all my efforts have paid off.I am officially shoulder length. I want to thank you ladies for everything.I am off to my next hair journey of APL.I hope to be APL by New Years if it doesnt happen that soon then I hope by easter 2014.I really want to thank you ladies for everything...

Where the pictures at? You know we love pictures.

Back