SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Bought some larger perm rods. Plan to play with them this week n may cut the sides of my hair in prep for transition. Still washing daily m rollersetting with magnetic rollers.

Sorry I've been mia guys. No more internet so I can only access from my phone which is not fun.

Any way, not the best length check but I figured it will do lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Mo your hair is still coming along as beautiful as ever.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Well I didn't braid my hair down. I just threw some twists in under my wig for my date with hubby last night. I was going to wear a twistout for church but my little man got sick and hubby took the other kids to church. I just gave him a breathing treatment so me and little man are cuddling on the couch.

HPG

Put in the crochets. Best set yet.

The other good news is I sell myself short. This is the first time the tails of the cornrows rested firmly on my shoulders :yay:!!! Sheesh, I remember when they were little stubs...awwww.... :lol:

Giving MzMomo the side eye.... :rolleyes: Gorgeous hair tho! Just beautiful! You taking supplements?

Just grown up daily vit gummies and eating well. I can't do the supplement thing. I tried when I first started my hhj way back in the day and I just didn't get results or was very consistent. I just keep things as simple as possible

Well I didn't braid my hair down. I just threw some twists in under my wig for my date with hubby last night. I was going to wear a twistout for church but my little man got sick and hubby took the other kids to church. I just gave him a breathing treatment so me and little man are cuddling on the couch.

HPG

Thank you and I hope he feels better. Sick little ones are no bueno :(

Thank you and I hope he feels better. Sick little ones are no bueno :(

Thanks Mo!

Hey do you do twistouts, braidouts, etc? If so what do you use to give you hold? My hair never has enough hold and always comes out way too soft. I don't want crunch or hard hair but just more darn hold lol!

HPG

Thanks Mo!

Hey do you do twistouts, braidouts, etc? If so what do you use to give you hold? My hair never has enough hold and always comes out way too soft. I don't want crunch or hard hair but just more darn hold lol!

HPG

Shea moisture curling pudding I think it's called. Comes in like a peachy orangey jar. Has just enough hold with out crunch.

But I used to also use eco styler, let it fully dry in all of it's crunchy glory, then wet my hands and scrunch out the crunch.

It's called curl enhancing smoothie. I was way off lol

Oh okay bc I was really going to look for what you had said. I was like I don't remember them having a pudding. Yeah but SMCHS I hate the stuff lol.

HPG

Oh okay bc I was really going to look for what you had said. I was like I don't remember them having a pudding. Yeah but SMCHS I hate the stuff lol.

HPG

Lol yeah I was way off then I was in the bathroom and looked and was like "I'm pretty sure that's not the name I gave" lol

Yeah not everyone likes it. It's one of those iffy products.

But try using your fav holdin product and then scrunch the crunch out if it's crunchy. It worked on almost everything when I was in my pj phase

Hey Ladies,
I figured I finally have enough length to get a length check t-shirt...so I ordered one :look: one for DD too. JGA has free shipping if you buy two until tomorrow!!

Im 11 weeks post and my NG is starting to clump so my relaxed ends follow the leader and I get strands that stick together with trapped shed hairs. This is a sure sign that its time to texturize soon. Wanted to hold out til my bd in Nov but I dint see how :oh well: i usually relax at 12-14 weeks so I hope this means good retention and growth

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Hey Ladies,
I figured I finally have enough length to get a length check t-shirt...so I ordered one :look: one for DD too. JGA has free shipping if you buy two until tomorrow!!

Im 11 weeks post and my NG is starting to clump so my relaxed ends follow the leader and I get strands that stick together with trapped shed hairs. This is a sure sign that its time to texturize soon. Wanted to hold out til my bd in Nov but I dint see how :oh well: i usually relax at 12-14 weeks so I hope this means good retention and growth

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I am 14 weeks now and I don't think I have ever stretched this long! I had to change my method for washing and detangling to deal with the new growth and to avoid knots from the shed hairs. I wash and condition in 4 sections, I applied the conditioner like a relaxer. I used a detangler, fingers first, then a comb. It took me a long time to do all of that but I barely had breakage. I got enough to put my hair in a neat mini bun with just good day pins and no ponytail holder. So have u changed anything to continue your stretch?

Hey shortdub78
too lazy to wash in sections on my last wash and these are the consequences. You are right I should be washing in sections with this much NG but I have been applying the conditioner and deep treatments relaxer style though.

I ended up rewetting my hair in sections, applying D&L Anti Reversion, detangle and blowdrying on low. Hair is smooth; NG flat. Silicones are the only thing to tame my NG this deep into a stretch.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I haven't been here for awhile. Kinda of been busy with life. I'm challenging myself to go a year without a perm, last time I got a perm was in April. Hair have been growing.

ForumRunner_20130918_003505.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_003518.jpg

Cut my hair into a Bob in January. Really hoping to see some progress but January 2014
ForumRunner_20130918_003533.jpg

Got these white ppl trained at work finally. This time last year they were so shocked when I went from short Afro to Curly Crochet weave and back again. They'd talk about it for days. Now, they dont even notice. Thank goodness!

Only been a cpl days. Miss her already tho. :( The crown shoulder length yet? :lol:

Got these white ppl trained at work finally. This time last year they were so shocked when I went from short Afro to Curly Crochet weave and back again. They'd talk about it for days. Now, they dont even notice. Thank goodness!

Only been a cpl days. Miss her already tho. :( The crown shoulder length yet? :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

That is my philosophy. Wear your hair the way you want to and switch it up. They get used to it. I have been all over the place with my hair in 4 years. And most of the time it is just a scraggly, fuzzy mess. They don't say a word.

Train them early :yep:

Lol faithVA.

Im now considering a straight bob length weave in the near future. Wonder how long it'll take them to digest that. As if I care :lol:

Hi guys!

Just checking in. I haven't posted here in a while, but I still read everything. For those of you who don't know, I have started a hair journey back in June of this year, because in January I went from about bsl to not even neck length. I had about 3-4 inches of uneven hair left on my hair. I'll spare you the details of how it happened.

I've been taking pictures for each month that I have been in my journey. This month makes it 3 months, but I haven't taken the pictures for the month of september yet. I have from June to August. I am planning on getting a relaxer this month, so I will post the comparison pictures once I do it.

June2013straightlength.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is when I first decided to start a hair journey in June. My hair had grown fast from January because at the time I only had about 3-4 inches of hair

July2013partlyairdriedhair1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is in July, one month after I began my hair journey. I was glad to see that I am making progress after just a month

august26wethair-Copie2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This last one is in the month of august after I washed my hair. I could see that my hair was making progress, but it was also VERY obvious that there was a lot of breakage

Today I am 18 weeks post relaxer. I might relax next week. Once I get a relaxer, I will post a picture of my progress for the month of September.

When I set my goals for my hair journey, I told myself that I would surely reach shoulder length by October, and be full shoulder length by January 1, but I don't see that happening right now. I'm starting to think about taking a vitamin to see if my hair would grow faster, but where I live the bottle people pay $4 in the states, I would pay 15-17$ here... Even on Amazon. Oh Well!

I am open to tips and advice people, because most of you seem to have a good handle on this hair journey. I see a looooooooot of progress in here. Some even managed to make it APL while staying in this thread :grin:

Flat ironing my hair for the first time tomorrow. Doing it myself; cannot afford a setback right now.

Haven't been on in a while. Too much in real life stuff going on to focus that much on my hair.

A few things though:
--may stretch to 12 weeks so mid November for my next touch up. If I can handle it, maybe I will stretch until December. I just can't be bothered with salons anymore and I want to see a real growth in length the next time I do it.

--not taking biotin, I see how much of a difference it makes on my overall hair growth. It definitely does its job when you take it but I hate shaving daily in the fall so I probably won't be using it anymore. At least for a while.

--should I maintain all hair growth, I should be arm put length by this time next year, cuz I'm only 6 inches away in the back. Ill be avoiding all salons until next summer because I think not going is actually helping me retain length lol. All I do is cowash and air dry. Hair is no longer a chore now hat it's longer.

Finally, I'm excited to know that ill be shoulder length about come late November or early December as I've said before. But I'm scared now because due to the cold, scarves etc i am afraid of breakage at my ends. I don't know any easy protective styles yet either. Preferably something for hair as short as mine still. I can't bun yet. Maybe banana clips?

I trimmed my ends this weekend and did a protein treatment so they are straight for at least another 6 weeks.

Heya faithVA,

Just wondered what protien treatment you use that helps your hair for 6 weeks?

----------------

Its good to have old pics in this thread. I've been worrying recently that my hair is growing really slowly, but looking back I may have been exceeding the average growth rate:spinning:

Pretty sure all my hair wont be on the same level in December because the crown is naturally taking longer to reach, but will be happy anyway.

[USER=26733 said:
Vanthie[/USER];18990723]Heya faithVA,

Just wondered what protien treatment you use that helps your hair for 6 weeks?

----------------

Its good to have old pics in this thread. I've been worrying recently that my hair is growing really slowly, but looking back I may have been exceeding the average growth rate:spinning:

Pretty sure all my hair wont be on the same level in December because the crown is naturally taking longer to reach, but will be happy anyway.

I am low porosity and natural so I don't do protein too often, if that clarifies things. The last time I used the 4Naturals Reconstructor which has kerating, that I bought from Sally's. If I used anything before my next color job I will use Giovanni Nutrafix which seems to be a be a bit gentler and does contain keratin.

How often do you use protein? and which one do you use?

Sumra

That's how I feel like my crown is taking so long. I doubt I will be full Sl by December but if I can get the side and front there at least it would be good.

HPG

Last edited:
faithVA

I just had my name change come through today :lol:

I see. My hair is natural, high porosity. I think I'm supposed to be doing protien every wash day. Do you have any idea how quickly protien wears off your hair? Does it last till the next wash?

I'm just using ORS RP or Aubrey Organics GPB at the moment.

HairPleezeGrow

Yeah it's annoying! I haven't straightened my hair yet so not sure how it will look :spinning:

I know that the bottom layers are collarbone and the rest is between cheek and shoulder.

Back