SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Well Ladies,
Im convinced the big beautiful bun was a fluke! I haven't been able to recreate it since that day :angry: i found some stretchy headbands that are not so tight so thats a plus. Im gonna keep working on the bun bc I want it to be my cute PS. Ive dreamed of growing enough hair to bun easily. Im not there yet but Im motivated.

Well Ladies,
Im convinced the big beautiful bun was a fluke! I haven't been able to recreate it since that day :angry: i found some stretchy headbands that are not so tight so thats a plus. Im gonna keep working on the bun bc I want it to be my cute PS. Ive dreamed of growing enough hair to bun easily. Im not there yet but Im motivated.

I'm sure you'll make that bun again!

I still have this prepoo in. Give me the strength to do it tonight, feeling so lazy!

:bump:
Gotta keep this on the first page!

My chunky twist outs are tired. And I'm feeling some kind of way about crochets right now. I wanted to curlformers tonight after cowashing but dang, that's time consuming. I might wanna get a pack of those rod thinggies. I could stop at Sally's during lunch break :look: I think I'd like the softer body they give at least on YT vids I see...

:bump:
Gotta keep this on the first page!

My chunky twist outs are tired. And I'm feeling some kind of way about crochets right now. I wanted to curlformers tonight after cowashing but dang, that's time consuming. I might wanna get a pack of those rod thinggies. I could stop at Sally's during lunch break :look: I think I'd like the softer body they give at least on YT vids I see...

Let me know how that goes and what products you use to set it.

I detangled my boyfriend's hair today after he washed it and had to admit that I felt a little hair envy! When I stretched it out, I was surprised to see that it's APL!!!!! Shrinkage in the braids makes it look like the ends of his braids touch the base of his neck. We've been together since '09 and I haven't noticed an increase in length just from looking at his hair. He said he started growing his hair in 2001. This man literally does nothing but wash, blow dry and get it braided every 2/3 weeks. I'm about to borrow his regimen. Lol.

You're right darkjoy, I checked my calendar, the last time I dusted was in May. I guess I'll check my farmer's almanac for best days to trim.

I detangled my boyfriend's hair today after he washed it and had to admit that I felt a little hair envy! When I stretched it out, I was surprised to see that it's APL!!!!! Shrinkage in the braids makes it look like the ends of his braids touch the base of his neck. We've been together since '09 and I haven't noticed an increase in length just from looking at his hair. He said he started growing his hair in 2001. This man literally does nothing but wash, blow dry and get it braided every 2/3 weeks. I'm about to borrow his regimen. Lol.
Wow MissyB! Dude uses heat too? I bet he has fine hair. No one ever notices my fine hair length either until I stretch it out...not that it's much :lol: but full shrunk it still looks like my BC!

So here's my 2nd attempt at bantu knotting my hair...smh just plain failure. I cannot get this to work for me. I'm thinking I need something with more hold. Le sigh I won't give up though.

ForumRunner_20130911_204909.jpg

ForumRunner_20130911_204936.jpg

ForumRunner_20130911_204950.jpg

ForumRunner_20130911_205002.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I used my instyler to straighten my roots. I didnt wash and DC first though :look:

I didnt need it. That shikakai tulsi paste followed by a VO5 Freesia cowash was the truth!!! Hair is holding moisture and feels perfectly balanced

I did need a trim! I detangled and used a denman, that brush slid thru the length, but kept getting stuck in the ends. I trimmed this afternoon, about a 1/4 inch everywhere. spritzed each section I trimmed with a tea blend and twisted. The denman slid thru like butta and the ends were so curly!
I haven't used any heat since May, so I can't wait for the October check in!

bump
did some yardwork today, decided to just rinse my sweaty head with water, broke out my new purchase, KeraVada Amla and co oil, to oil my scalp. Has lots of goodies in it including MSM

Wow @MissyB! Dude uses heat too? I bet he has fine hair. No one ever notices my fine hair length either until I stretch it out...not that it's much :lol: but full shrunk it still looks like my BC!

NO, the only heat that comes near that man's hair is a blow dryer. I literally pulled his hair to see how far it'd comfortably go. Here I go confusing folks again. LOL!!!

Having a love-hate relationship with Miss Hair today.

First, I tried flexi-rods. It will be great when my hair is longer., though it's stretched to "texlax" texture.

Second, low density and overly stretched = scraggly

Third, I still havent cut into a shape. Mostly because of the low densitiness makes it difficult to imagine what shape would work that would flatter my face. It's so whispy!

Though I'm irritiated with how even loose cornrows treat my fine strands, I'm tempted to throw it back in crochets anyway for some relief...

grrrr

Well I decided. I'm so irritated with my hair, rescheduled today's plans for tomorrow and going to the BSS for some hair. I'll be crocheting through the afternoon. THat should buy me 2 weeks of peace :yep:

I just trimmed my ends and washed my hair with Carols Daughter Tui sulfate free poo and then conditioned with Giovanni botanical con. Will probably braid it back down for my wigs. Maybe I'm not sure yet bc I'm trying to preserve my edges and hairline but these darn cornrows just aren't doing it. Maybe I can leave more hair out or braid in a beehive.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Sorry I've been mia guys. No more internet so I can only access from my phone which is not fun.

Any way, not the best length check but I figured it will do lol

20130911_210241-1.jpg

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Sorry I've been mia guys. No more internet so I can only access from my phone which is not fun.

Any way, not the best length check but I figured it will do lol

Welcome back girlie. We've missed you. Your hair looks amazing, but don't let faithVA see you in here with all that APL prettiness, lol. Just kidding. You have made great progress, and you are an inspiration to the rest of us.

Bwahahaha! I refuse to leave!

Thanks, I've missed you guys. Went through lhcf withdraw and what not lol

It's funny, I still feel like I'm running around with ear length hair lol. I think it's the layers

Hey ladies! I had to read a lot to catch up, man so much progress being made. Pls tell me why when I went to to post a comment I wasn't allowed:perplexed and when I finally had the time to figure it out, I totally forgot about the email I had received to renew my membership:blush: Anyhoo same old here. I got a touch up last monday my ends look nice and healthy but I want full SL NOW.. sigh oh n I just purchased wen fig hmmm maybe I'll become a wen head.

Hey ladies! I had to read a lot to catch up, man so much progress being made. Pls tell me why when I went to to post a comment I wasn't allowed:perplexed and when I finally had the time to figure it out, I totally forgot about the email I had received to renew my membership:blush: Anyhoo same old here. I got a touch up last monday my ends look nice and healthy but I want full SL NOW.. sigh oh n I just purchased wen fig hmmm maybe I'll become a wen head.

tequilad28 I'm a wen head, love that stuff. And you see an immediate difference especially if you follow how the model did in the video.:grin:

Put in the crochets. Best set yet.

The other good news is I sell myself short. This is the first time the tails of the cornrows rested firmly on my shoulders :yay:!!! Sheesh, I remember when they were little stubs...awwww.... :lol:

Giving MzMomo the side eye.... :rolleyes: Gorgeous hair tho! Just beautiful! You taking supplements?

Back