SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

mshoneyfly

If I have to come back in here and keep starring and obsessing over your darn bun...Im going to make a thread about it lol.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

i am an inch to the base of my neck and 2 inches from SL in the back. pretty happy. So yes, in two touch ups :D :D I should reach my goal.

I'm thinking about doing curlformers for the first time. Is it possible to do it on unevenly lengthed NL hair? I plan to do the curlformers and then finger come them out so that they eventually drop and look nice. thoughts?

i am an inch to the base of my neck and 2 inches from SL in the back. pretty happy. So yes, in two touch ups :D :D I should reach my goal.

I'm thinking about doing curlformers for the first time. Is it possible to do it on unevenly lengthed NL hair? I plan to do the curlformers and then finger come them out so that they eventually drop and look nice. thoughts?

Not sure but I just made a curl formers thread in hopes of getting some ideas and tips.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow
Jobwright
:giggle: :giggle:

Well, Im 10 weeks post texturizer and just did a fresh henna followed by a shikakai, tulsi dc treatment. Maybe all those variables gave me extra thickness. Used a keratin VO5 to cowash out.

I did a light blowdry with D&L 6-week anti reversion creme. It got so straight that I decided not to flatiron. Just raked the hair up with fingers, did a lose 2-strand twist, rolled the end under with my finger and pinned right in the center. Put one more pin in center right side bc it looked lopsided. Tied the edges and front with a long skinny scarf for a few, then took off and put on stretchy headbands.

Thats it!! I watched 50-leven YT vids on buns for short relaxed hair, too :lol:
I need to try this!
I

So looks like I am going natural. Well going back. And I'll just be transitioning. Just going to keep up with daily washing and go from there.

Hi everyone!!! I'm back on board. I took a hiatus because against many of your advice I chopped. Everyone in the free world knows that chunks of my hair broke off to the new growth. At the beginning of August i cut it to a bob well above my shoulders. The first was taken a few days after my cut on aug 8. The second is today sep 9, i think its grown a bit. Anyway starting msm powder today in addition to my viviscal, prenatals, and vitamins. Need to up my water and workouts. Hopefully SL soon.

Attachments

• image-3168456200.jpg
    image-3168456200.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 31
  • image-941065463.jpg
    image-941065463.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
My twistout lasted three days with just covering in with a bonnet at night. I'm so excited :woohoo: I've never gotten 3-day hair. I picked up some Jane carter natural twist out foam to try with my next set. I also got some flexi rods but I probably won't use those yet.

Just to do something, I just applied Ovation (OCT) to my scalp and a little JBCO to my edges. I'll leave them in for a bit and then will wash out. Just to see what happens I guess.

I gotta find some skinny elastic headbands that don't feel like their cutting off my circulation :look:
My bun doesn't look good without two skinny headbands. Maybe something I can tie on instead of elastic. Anybody have something like that?

I think it needs to be elastic to help me form the bun but def something skinny like in the pic a few posts up. My head still feels a little sore from wearing the ones in the pics all day today. Maybe a dark colored scarf that I could fold to get the right look.

Thanks, I will shop around tomorrow to see what I can find.

Last edited:
So just 20-25min to wash and set my hair. Not bad. And just 5-10min in the morning.

I'm just gonna m&s, put my hair up, and call it a day. I got some elasta qp dpr? And some fantasia heat protectant serum. I like to use when I apply my leave-in and its close to the argan oil from sallys. I bought a bunch of hair stuff for my dd.

Hi everyone!!! I'm back on board. I took a hiatus because against many of your advice I chopped. Everyone in the free world knows that chunks of my hair broke off to the new growth. At the beginning of August i cut it to a bob well above my shoulders. The first was taken a few days after my cut on aug 8. The second is today sep 9, i think its grown a bit. Anyway starting msm powder today in addition to my viviscal, prenatals, and vitamins. Need to up my water and workouts. Hopefully SL soon.

Welcome back. You had to do what you had to do for yourself. Glad to have you back.

My twistout lasted three days with just covering in with a bonnet at night. I'm so excited :woohoo: I've never gotten 3-day hair. I picked up some Jane carter natural twist out foam to try with my next set. I also got some flexi rods but I probably won't use those yet.

Please let us know how you like the twist out foam. I've never had much success with JC products, but I am always curious. They look like they will be fabulous but then my hair says no :lol:

[USER=356485 said:
mshoneyfly[/USER];18951773]I gotta find some skinny elastic headbands that don't feel like their cutting off my circulation :look:
My bun doesn't look good without two skinny headbands. Maybe something I can tie on instead of elastic. Anybody have something like that?

At Target, probably Walmart as well, they sell those elastic ribbon hair ties. They usually have black, brown and cream.

41VxcNBPZhL._SY450_.jpg

Last edited:
roni, that is just lovely and neat enough!

You ladies are inspiring with these new styles you're sporting.

SInce I'm playing hookie from work, I'll comb through YT for some styles for my low density hair too!

Hey what's M&S?

I'm sorry I didn't see this, but yeah it's moisturize and seal. Better wash session today. I just felt like it today. I even used a detangling spray on my new growth, so I wouldn't get any knots. The elasta qp dpr 11 plus was good too. Now I am air drying my hair.

I'm sorry I didn't see this, but yeah it's moisturize and seal. Better wash session today. I just felt like it today. I even used a detangling spray on my new growth, so I wouldn't get any knots. The elasta qp dpr 11 plus was good too. Now I am air drying my hair.

May flat iron late tonight.

I'm just gonna m&s, put my hair up, and call it a day. I got some elasta qp dpr? And some fantasia heat protectant serum. I like to use when I apply my leave-in and its close to the argan oil from sallys. I bought a bunch of hair stuff for my dd.

I love me some Elasta QP DPR 11+!!! My ends felt dry from having my hair in a bun under my phony pony & I sat with some EQP DPR (added more EVCO & Grapeseed oil) under a plastic cap for an hour & my honey was good to go after that!! :grin:

I love me some Elasta QP DPR 11+!!! My ends felt dry from having my hair in a bun under my phony pony & I sat with some EQP DPR (added more EVCO & Grapeseed oil) under a plastic cap for an hour & my honey was good to go after that!! :grin:

I didn't Like how it felt when I first put it on, but it conditioned my new growth well!

Washed my hair with HQ lemon and white tea poo. Dc'd with komaza protein strengthener. Dcing under steamer for 40 minutes with BASK whisky dc, shea moisture restorative con, some raw honey and some ayurvedic powders. Will cowash with Wen and then probably lightly blow dry so I can trim my ends.

HPG

Back