SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Penelope74 hey girl welcome!

shortdub that hair is bomb.com hunny. Gorg bob and also I might add you do look full SL however I'm not the one to throw people out lol. Shoot if left up to me I'd be walking round here BsL still on the SL thread lol don't judge me, I just don't want to leave! Naw but really we do get to know each other and then you have to move on like in school where you in a brand new class and don't know anyone.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

@mshoneyfly

Wenbev

Here my "normal' regemin, right now I am DIY relaxed probably every 4 months with a mild relaxed, and coming out of EL. I usually wear my hair like my picture but I’m getting married next year 2015 (saving for big wedding and MEGA Honeymoon) and I want at least BSL. My ULTIMATE goal is MBL.
I’m on a vitamin regime of 3,00mg MSM, 400mcg Folic Acid, 50mg Zinc, B- Complex, Calcium, 10,000mg Biotin, Nature’s Bounty Hair Skin and Nails, Iron, 2000 mg Fish oil. I drink water, but probably not as much as I should. I Co-Wash 3x’s per week with Pantene Truly Natural, and DC w/ Palmers Coconut Protein Pack. I oil nightly with Aragon oil, Vitamin E oil, EVOO, and I SWEAR by Wild Grow with the red top and KEMI OYL. I’ve tried everything from MN7 to inversion.
My hair is growing and a nice pace, but my nails have to be trimmed it seems like every week, they grow so fast.
Now I’m wondering if I am leaving anything out. I read up on the hair type but its hard to understand because I've been relaxed so long, I'm not sure what my 'naural" state is.
What is tea rinses? i see people say its good for hair.
I’m also trying to get away from heat, but since my hair is shorter I don’t know what else to do with it short of just slicking it back which is a :nono:for my line of work. I'm thinking about rocking a nice wig.

shortdub that hair is bomb.com hunny. Gorg bob and also I might add you do look full SL however I'm not the one to throw people out lol. Shoot if left up to me I'd be walking round here BsL still on the SL thread lol don't judge me, I just don't want to leave! Naw but really we do get to know each other and then you have to move on like in school where you in a brand new class and don't know anyone.

HPG

Thank you ladies! Please don't kick me out! I felt like the earth crack and I fell in when I left the bsl challenge! Don't let the world end on me now! I'm riding with ya'll so we can cross this apl and beyond!

Penelope74
Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!! Wow! You are doing ALOT of vitamins! I could never remember to take them all. :grin: A tea rinse is brewing a strong batch of teas or herbs to rinse your hair as a final rinse or to put under your DC. Caffeinated black and green tea supposedly block DHT to stop shedding. Personally, I've used decaf teas and herbs from my garden to reduce shedding, add slip when rinsing/detangling, impart shine and overall hair lusciousness! And sometimes a little extra color.

You mentioned in an earlier post that your nape was suffering; I would ask that you reevaluate how you detangle in that area, confirm that you are rinsing all cleansing/conditioning products from that area extra well, notice the way your nape hair feels compared to the rest of your hair especially since you are doing a long stretch between chem treatments.

Limit your heat usage to 2x a month, try twist outs or braidouts with a headband or wig it. In you do wig it, make sure you take care of your hair underneath.

Does your conditioning cowash have sulfates, parabens, etc? May want to switch... Also add some JBCO to the nape area to help it catch up to the rest of your hair and try pre-poos with oils as well. Sorry to be lengthy...

Wenbev

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!! Wow! You are doing ALOT of vitamins! I could never remember to take them all. :grin:
The vitamins is the easy part, my D/H bought me a Am/Pm pill box that I pack once per week. So it's as easy as popping open the top and dumpint them out. GREAT INVENTION
A tea rinse is brewing a strong batch of teas or herbs to rinse your hair as a final rinse or to put under your DC. Caffeinated black and green tea supposedly block DHT to stop shedding. Personally, I've used decaf teas and herbs from my garden to reduce shedding, add slip when rinsing/detangling, impart shine and overall hair lusciousness! And sometimes a little extra color.
Can I use just regular Green Tea bags or is it a certain type of tea?

You mentioned in an earlier post that your nape was suffering; I would ask that you reevaluate how you detangle in that area, confirm that you are rinsing all cleansing/conditioning products from that area extra well, notice the way your nape hair feels compared to the rest of your hair especially since you are doing a long stretch between chem treatments.

I noticed that in the top of my head there is NG but none on the nape. My hair feels the same all over. I'm pretty sure im getting all he product out when I shampoo it.

Limit your heat usage to 2x a month, try twist outs or braidouts with a headband or wig it. In you do wig it, make sure you take care of your hair underneath.
As far as a np heat style, what about if I oil and wrap it up at night, wear it wrapped in the circle all day, comb out at night, re-oil and do it all over again. would that be considered a pritective style. I know it's no heat.
Does your conditioning cowash have sulfates, parabens, etc? May want to switch... Also add some JBCO to the nape area to help it catch up to the rest of your hair and try pre-poos with oils as well.
I'm not sure if Co-wash by pantene has those sulfates or parabens in it, cause I dont know WHAT those are in the 1st place. :spinning:

Sorry to be lengthy... Lengthy is good, more information = better understanding

Thank you ladies! Please don't kick me out! I felt like the earth crack and I fell in when I left the bsl challenge! Don't let the world end on me now! I'm riding with ya'll so we can cross this apl and beyond!

Nobody is kicking anybody out:) definitely sticking it together.

Penelope74

Can I use just regular Green Tea bags or is it a certain type of tea?
Yes you can!!!

As far as a np heat style, what about if I oil and wrap it up at night, wear it wrapped in the circle all day, comb out at night, re-oil and do it all over again. would that be considered a pritective style. I know it's no heat.
Yes, that sounds like a protective style to me! :)

I'm not sure if Co-wash by pantene has those sulfates or parabens in it, cause I dont know WHAT those are in the 1st place. :spinning:
LOL, no worries! An example would be Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or methylparaben or diisodecyl phthalate in the ingredient list

@Outlook

I'd be up for a no heat challenge,,, but would that include my darling hair dryer? (I'm feeling a little anxiety coming on already.....)

lol uhhh....how are u using the hair dryer? I'll use mine for weekly deep conditions and on my rollersets when I've washed too later. Either time I'll be under there like 15-30min max.

HPG

Yeah trying to get people out of these threads is crazy. It's like trying to get grown kids to move out of the house :nono: :lol: Speaking of which, where is MsMomo?

Outlook

Sad to say, I'm talking about my beloved hand held dryer. She is a help to me because when it air dries,, it liike like I stuck my tongue in a socket!!! So Idk if a no heat challenge will be so easy for me.

@mshoneyfly

Wenbev

Here my "normal' regemin, right now I am DIY relaxed probably every 4 months with a mild relaxed, and coming out of EL. I usually wear my hair like my picture but I’m getting married next year 2015 (saving for big wedding and MEGA Honeymoon) and I want at least BSL. My ULTIMATE goal is MBL.
I’m on a vitamin regime of 3,00mg MSM, 400mcg Folic Acid, 50mg Zinc, B- Complex, Calcium, 10,000mg Biotin, Nature’s Bounty Hair Skin and Nails, Iron, 2000 mg Fish oil. I drink water, but probably not as much as I should. I Co-Wash 3x’s per week with Pantene Truly Natural, and DC w/ Palmers Coconut Protein Pack. I oil nightly with Aragon oil, Vitamin E oil, EVOO, and I SWEAR by Wild Grow with the red top and KEMI OYL. I’ve tried everything from MN7 to inversion.
My hair is growing and a nice pace, but my nails have to be trimmed it seems like every week, they grow so fast.
Now I’m wondering if I am leaving anything out. I read up on the hair type but its hard to understand because I've been relaxed so long, I'm not sure what my 'naural" state is.
What is tea rinses? i see people say its good for hair.
I’m also trying to get away from heat, but since my hair is shorter I don’t know what else to do with it short of just slicking it back which is a :nono:for my line of work. I'm thinking about rocking a nice wig.

Penelope74
Im sure you can make it to your goal. Congrats on your vitamin regimen. Im doin good if I remember to take mine 4x a week :look:

About your regimen:
Do you ever use a clarifying/chelating poo? I think one or more of the products you named have silicones that can build up and cause breakage. Also, if you use a no lye relaxer, the mineral deposits from relaxer and/or if you have hard water that can cause buildup, dryness and then breakage.

If you use protein 3x per week your hair must really love it. Mine does too but you might need a moisture DC too for if you decide to clarify/chelate once a month or so. The cowashing must be giving you all the moisture you need without using a water based moisturizer between washes.

To learn your hair type, stretch as long as possible and examine your new growth closely. The cones also coat and tame the hair so may not be showing the real texture of your NG.

You may wanna read the coffee, tea ayurvedic thread from the beginning. Diff teas have diff benefits to hair ; moisture, thickening, strength, stop shedding, etc. A rinse is just pouring the brewed tea over the hair and scalp after shampoo or after DC. You can also google the name of the tea to learn its benefits for hair. Many on this board get their teas from Vitacost.

If everything is going well then you may not need to change much.

Again, Welcome Aboard!!

Hello My Lovelies!! Welcome to all the new ladies!! It appears that December is coming up on us pretty fast huh?!! :drunk:

I had to go back quite a few pages to get caught up! This upcoming weekend, I was thinking about doing either a sew-in or crochet braids (both DIY) but I'm sticking to a budget so it'll be the less expensive of the two. My ends are starting to be dry from being up in a lil bun under my phony pony (despite my efforts to M&S twice a day) so I'm gonna add a couple co-washes & an extra moisturizing DC in this week before I braid it. If I don't do the sew-in or crochet braids then I'll get another pony (cuz the honey that I have won't make it past next weekend) & add co-washing & an extra DC back to my regimen.

I normally do my poo with CON Ultra moisturizing poo (sulfate) on the weekends & poo mid-week with Organix Tea Tree & Mint (sulfate free) mid-week so I think I'll cut the CON from weekly use to once a month & work with sulfate free to combat the dry ends. I can't be losing progress thinking I'm protective styling on my lil ends & they withering away!! Matter of fact....I think I'm about to go co-wash now!! HHJ ladies!!:grin::grin:

Hey Ladies,
I think I finally made myself a bun...with my own hair!! When I look at the pic I cant believe its my hair!

So what do you think?? Does this look like a real bun??

image-2096379079.jpg

image-2461061473.jpg

Attachments

• image-1341753588.jpg
    image-1341753588.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
This one is a better pic

image-1704735177.jpg

faithVA
I Know, right??? I swear Ive never had a lot of hair. My hair has always been fine; thats why I cant believe it!! Thanks!

xu93texas
Girl perception is everything and looks can certainly be deceiving!!! Thanks a bunch!!

londonfog
Thanks Girl!! :)

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,
I think I finally made myself a bun...with my own hair!! When I look at the pic I cant believe its my hair!

So what do you think?? Does this look like a real bun??

Giiiiirl this just gave me life....I need deets please. See now I want to do a bun. But mine won't be big and beautiful as your. I love it.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow
Jobwright
:giggle: :giggle:

Well, Im 10 weeks post texturizer and just did a fresh henna followed by a shikakai, tulsi dc treatment. Maybe all those variables gave me extra thickness. Used a keratin VO5 to cowash out.

I did a light blowdry with D&L 6-week anti reversion creme. It got so straight that I decided not to flatiron. Just raked the hair up with fingers, did a lose 2-strand twist, rolled the end under with my finger and pinned right in the center. Put one more pin in center right side bc it looked lopsided. Tied the edges and front with a long skinny scarf for a few, then took off and put on stretchy headbands.

Thats it!! I watched 50-leven YT vids on buns for short relaxed hair, too :lol:

HairPleezeGrow
Jobwright
:giggle: :giggle:

Well, Im 10 weeks post texturizer and just did a fresh henna followed by a shikakai, tulsi dc treatment. Maybe all those variables gave me extra thickness. Used a keratin VO5 to cowash out.

I did a light blowdry with D&L 6-week anti reversion creme. It got so straight that I decided not to flatiron. Just raked the hair up with fingers, did a lose 2-strand twist, rolled the end under with my finger and pinned right in the center. Put one more pin in center right side bc it looked lopsided. Tied the edges and front with a long skinny scarf for a few, then took off and put on stretchy headbands.

Thats it!! I watched 50-leven YT vids on buns for short relaxed hair, too :lol:

Now watch I try this and it will be a supreme mess. But I'm gonna try...

Last edited:
Jobwright
I think the trick is: dont put any moisturizer on the length and ends of hair. That will make them too soft to stand up the way you want. I got that tip from a YTer ;)

Back