SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Girl if you tired of doing your hair already imagine when you get to your goal length lol!!! And you betta not cut it either!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

When my hair is longer I can do like APrayer4Hair and put in 20 twists and go :yep: Now I have to put in 2.5 to 3 hours worth of twist to get me through the week. When I can style my hair in an hour I will feel much better :yep:

I won't be cutting any healthy hair :nono:

Me too faithVA! My goal is grazing APL by the end of 2014 which would be nothing short of a miracle. I'm sure you'll be APL way before me. Your hair seems to be thriving.

I got my hair trimmed a few days ago into an ear length bob and I like it. I had to cut to even out my nape due to tying my durag too tight underneath my wigs. Even though it's so hard being patient while growing out a pixie cut, I'm really liking my new hairdo and I'm determined to keep my ends healthy and simplify my regimen to retain length from here on out.

My hair is getting better but it is still just growing at an average rate. Even though my nape is grazing SL, the rest of my hair has many inches to go. Most of my hair is just reaching the bottom of my ear which makes my hair most nape length.

I know it is getting there. I just need to stop thinking about 6 more months of twisting my hair :lol:

Idk...thinking of going back natural. I say that now, but not making any real plans. All I know is the daily washing I coming back into rotation and feeling like a habit and I like it. And the scarf headbands I was rocking today weren't bad. And...I've been looking at a lot of natural YT videos (that's the culprit right there). My hair isn't all the way relaxed anyway; my airdried rollersets have a blow-dried natural look anyway, so for heat-less styles I'm better off looking at natural looks anyway.

All I do know is that I'm under the dryer now with WGO on my scalp and Cholesterol on my strands (products that worked good on my natural hair back in the day). I'd like to do this as a weekly treatment. And that I don't want to use anymore heat until the end of the year. So I'll let that be my first phase and go from there.

I'm tired of short hair :tantrum:

I was looking at my measurements, I will be lucky to hit APL by the end of next year. Hopefully I can hit full SL by the spring.

faithVA
I feel you on the short hair thing. I made 10 weeks post texturizer today. Ive got some good, strong NG BUT its not that much. I wanna see some MAJOR growth and retention...RIGHT NOW!!!

:sigh:

When my hair is longer I can do like APrayer4Hair and put in 20 twists and go :yep: Now I have to put in 2.5 to 3 hours worth of twist to get me through the week. When I can style my hair in an hour I will feel much better :yep:

I won't be cutting any healthy hair :nono:

Yeah I gotcha I understand what you mean.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

My fast behind took my cornrows out and unleashed the demon. What in the H.E. Double Hockey sticks was i thinking?!? I was immediately discouraged and wound up having to go to work with deep conditioner still in my hair. Picture an angry black woman with a plastic cap on and a wig overtop of that...in the summertime...for 8 hours!! No bueno.

After work I managed to get it halfway braided down and mashed it back down under my wig (See how happy i am?!?...ohmmmm) I actually caught a cramp in my hand and wrist trying to wrestle this stuff. I can't wait till my hair falls! Im so sick of it growing upwards trying to reach the heavens. Anyhow, im gettin my cornrows done over Monday. Im done ranting. Good day and good night.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130907_234839.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_234839.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ForumRunner_20130907_234855.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_234855.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20130907_234950.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_234950.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 37
My fast behind took my cornrows out and unleashed the demon. What in the H.E. Double Hockey sticks was i thinking?!? I was immediately discouraged and wound up having to go to work with deep conditioner still in my hair. Picture an angry black woman with a plastic cap on and a wig overtop of that...in the summertime...for 8 hours!! No bueno.

After work I managed to get it halfway braided down and mashed it back down under my wig (See how happy i am?!?...ohmmmm) I actually caught a cramp in my hand and wrist trying to wrestle this stuff. I can't wait till my hair falls! Im so sick of it growing upwards trying to reach the heavens. Anyhow, im gettin my cornrows done over Monday. Im done ranting. Good day and good night.

That's a lot of hair girl :lol: At least you had a wig :yep:

Other threads talk about how hard it is to go from SL to APL or APL to BSL..

No. Just no.

The worst stretch is going from a fade or 1-2" twa to SL. This mess takes at LEAST a year. And for us slow growers or fine heads who have to dust often add 6 months to that!!! And let us all pray that we don't get a set back cuz that could add more months.

My sides and crown need to drop past my ears or I'm really going off!

Just venting.

le sigh...

Other threads talk about how hard it is to go from SL to APL or APL to BSL..

No. Just no.

The worst stretch is going from a fade or 1-2" twa to SL. This mess takes at LEAST a year. And for us slow growers or fine heads who have to dust often add 6 months to that!!! And let us all pray that we don't get a set back cuz that could add more months.

My sides and crown need to drop past my ears or I'm really going off!

Just venting.

le sigh...

We aren't going to have any set backs. We are all going to behave ourselves and support each other :yep:

But yeah that talk about getting to APL being hard is crazy. We should slap every person that says that :lol:

I think its to late for me to join, but I'm cheering yall on from the side lines!!!

My hair is el/nl somewhere in between. Growing kinda quickly, but not as fast as my nails!!! Can't waittill the next SL challenge comes up!!! I'M ALL IN IT!!!!

:dance7::bouncy::grouphug::congrats::circle::lots:

[USER=396949 said:
Penelope74[/USER];18944189]I think its to late for me to join, but I'm cheering yall on from the side lines!!!

My hair is el/nl somewhere in between. Growing kinda quickly, but not as fast as my nails!!! Can't waittill the next SL challenge comes up!!! I'M ALL IN IT!!!!

:dance7::bouncy::grouphug::congrats::circle::lots:

You need to join us now so you can roll into the APL challenge with us.

Quite a few of us are El/NL so you are just in time.

It aint too late Penelope74! Just welcome yerself right on in! :lol: We got plenty room :yep:

BTW APrayer4Hair that twist out is AMAZING--and the cut is amazing.

Thanks faithVA. Just having a moment...this thread (and you!!) has been amazing support through the tough learning and short stages. Thank ya'll!

Cool,,, I'm soooo in. Idk how to post pics tho,,, but I'll try
This pic was about 1year ago.
ForumRunner_20130908_004735.jpg

This one is current. It's growing GOOD in the crown area,, but not so good around the nape. Any suggestions???

ForumRunner_20130908_004735.jpg

My avatar is my usual style...

We aren't going to have any set backs. We are all going to behave ourselves and support each other :yep:

But yeah that talk about getting to APL being hard is crazy. We should slap every person that says that :lol:

I refuse to have another setback! I'm not trying anything new. Well I want to try a conditioner, something a. Little heavier for my new growth. I need to get some more one&only Argan oil or fantasia ic serum. I don't need to bun until I get some more length. There is a hair candy that just holds my hair in place without coiling my ends up.

[USER said:
shortdub78;18944741[/USER]]I refuse to have another setback! I'm not trying anything new. Well I want to try a conditioner, something a. Little heavier for my new growth. I need to get some more one&only Argan oil or fantasia ic serum. I don't need to bun until I get some more length. There is a hair candy that just holds my hair in place without coiling my ends up.

What hair candy is that? You should be fine trying a new conditioner.

I gotta get on my computer to show u. But its a holder. A hole on each side and it has a stick that u slide through. U can find them at the bss for $2

I want to try curls unleash. I want to order silk dreams, but I'm kinda low on product for me and my dd. I want to try it on her today.

[USER said:
shortdub78;18945037[/USER]]I gotta get on my computer to show u. But its a holder. A hole on each side and it has a stick that u slide through. U can find them at the bss for $2

How long is your hair? How are you wearing it? Are you twisting your hair up and then using it? Or are you pulling it down like in a ponytail?

I think I have what you are talking about, but I don't think I ever had enough hair to wear it. I have all kinds of hair candy but no hair :sad: :lol:

How long is your hair? How are you wearing it? Are you twisting your hair up and then using it? Or are you pulling it down like in a ponytail?

I think I have what you are talking about, but I don't think I ever had enough hair to wear it. I have all kinds of hair candy but no hair :sad: :lol:

I pull it up. My hair is sl now, but I won't truly claim it until November. I tried to take a pic, but it isn't good.

ForumRunner_20130908_104710.jpg

Nice hair. You have a very nice bob. Can't wait to see it again in December.

Can't wait to see all of the December updates :yep:

We have about 16 more weeks. That is still a lot of time.

I got 13 weeks of new growth. I tried to straighten as best as I could. I would love to wait until December to relax again, but that may be doing too much. Can't wait to see the updates too

shortdub78 gorg hair!
Penelope74 welcome and share your regimen!
DarkJoy I feel like I've been at this length for two+ years, so I'm feeling your rant. I made it to BSL from 2inches of hair in three years decided to get a silkener. Had to big chop again but it seems my hair is taking longer to grow.

We'll make it full SL and beyond!

Last edited:
Back