SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Didn't do CPR. But washed all that curl wax out and did rollerset. Even if it's a lil frizzy tomorrow it'll be so nice to just comb it back and run my hands through my hair lol. The frizz will go away once my hair gets used to getting the daily moisture. Might take about a week. Still plan to wear a scarf or bandana headband

Wenbev
I mixed my henna this morning. I could tell right away that I got good color release bc it stained my fingers. Thinking about adding chlorella, coconut milk powder and SAA powder to my usual mix. Cant wait to get home!

mshoneyfly What kind of henna do you use? I use jamila to cover my greys or nupur to stretch my jamila

I've thought about adding chlorella to my henna, but figured I would have to add too much to make a difference. And I take about 18g of it anyway :) I added a full fat yogurt to my henna mix once and my hair was so hard and the curls were so tight while rinsing the henna I wanted to cry. I know others have had luck, but I dont do proteins in henna anymore.
My mix is jamila henna, warm tea and a splash of cranberry or some other acidic juice. I'll let it sit for an hour then add a couple drops of patchouli essential oil and some large squirts of agave nectar or honey. The agave or honey makes it sooo easy to rinse. I dont wait for the dye release anymore, I still get really good grey hair coverage even when I leave it in for three to four hours.
I heart henna

Wenbev
I PMd you

ETA: i use the same two brands mixed together for basically the same reasons. Im afraid to take chlorella orally. I have a whole jar that I just opened tonight! I love the silk powder in my DCs and leave ins.

I just posted my henna process in the coffee, tea, ayurvedic thread

Last edited:
Wenbev
I PMd you

ETA: i use the same two brands mixed together for basically the same reasons. Im afraid to take chlorella orally. I have a whole jar that I just opened tonight! I love the silk powder in my DCs and leave ins.

I just posted my henna process in the coffee, tea, ayurvedic thread

mshoneyfly
I got it thanks again! I'll check that thread out.
Nooo, dont be scared, its wnderful! Check out this thread if you havent already, so much infoformation.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287&highlight=what+about+chlorella
If you have any questions feel free to ask, i've been taking chlorella for just about a year now.

Update:
My henna rinsed out nicely without that bone dry feeling I usually get. My hair is STRONG, moist and with beautiful color. I will be mixing that chlorella into my DCs and treatments from now on. Taking it orally might upset my stomach too much. Sometimes I don't drink enough water too.

Ive started back taking my Toji pure density hair vitamins. The directions say take two in the am and two in the pm but I think this is too much. I take one a day :look: i like them though. I also take one biotin 5000 mcg on most days.

Sometimes I skip a day of vitamins just to allow my system to 'catch up' and rest so to speak. I have to take them on a full stomach too or I get nauseous. If I feel I haven't drank enough water, I will skip a day. Don't want to get constipated :lol: If I worked out Id prob drink more

Just moisturized with my beloved Shea Moisture restorative conditioner :love: I will baggy overnight to keep the moisture going

HHHG!!!

I've had henna in my hair since 10:30 this morning, haven't done a henna in 6 weeks so I this is going to be a really long henna day today.
Mixed up a box of jamila with a mix of nettle, rooibos, horsetail and decaf black teas, let it sit for an hour. Then added a couple drops of patchouli essential oil and agave. Going over to trader joes for a bottle of sesame oil to start oil pulling tomorrow.

I wish my hair was longer and had more body. It looks sometimes like its molded to my head :/ especially when I moisture and seal. I don't like roller sets cuz it gives me grandma hair right now.

Not sure what to do

[USER=380627 said:
naija24[/USER];18939383]I wish my hair was longer and had more body. It looks sometimes like its molded to my head :/ especially when I moisture and seal. I don't like roller sets cuz it gives me grandma hair right now.

Not sure what to do

Have you tried rollersetting and then wrapping it and then tying it with a scarf to loosen the girls?

When I was relaxed my stylist would rollerset, wrap and then put me under hte dryer again with one of those white bands. That should give you a really nice bob.

You can also set your hair on bigger rollers so you have more volume and less curl.

Last edited:
It's been such a long week for me. I haven't been on really to post but just read some to get my mind off of things going on. Yesterday we got some news that we knew was coming for a while now. My mom has been getting chemo for 18 months and has had it changed 4 times. Nothing is working and the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. :'( this was not the news we wanted to hear. I'm devastated and on top of it all we are going to have some drama if my mom does not get better and God decides to take her home. Why does money always come in between family? We have 1 person in our family from my mom's kids who is all about just the money and it hurts us. I think everyone tends to have that one person and we (my mom's kids) are trying to figure out what to do. Anyway I just needed to vent bc I've been keeping it in and have basically been my family's back bone through out this all. I'm the youngest of the children and the one who stepped up to take care of my mom, grandma, and disabled sister. I've always helped take care of them but this has been difficult. Anyway I need to go back and see what you ladies wrote.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

[USER=330401 said:
HairPleezeGrow[/USER];18939895]It's been such a long week for me. I haven't been on really to post but just read some to get my mind off of things going on. Yesterday we got some news that we knew was coming for a while now. My mom has been getting chemo for 18 months and has had it changed 4 times. Nothing is working and the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. :'( this was not the news we wanted to hear. I'm devastated and on top of it all we are going to have some drama if my mom does not get better and God decides to take her home. Why does money always come in between family? We have 1 person in our family from my mom's kids who is all about just the money and it hurts us. I think everyone tends to have that one person and we (my mom's kids) are trying to figure out what to do. Anyway I just needed to vent bc I've been keeping it in and have basically been my family's back bone through out this all. I'm the youngest of the children and the one who stepped up to take care of my mom, grandma, and disabled sister. I've always helped take care of them but this has been difficult. Anyway I need to go back and see what you ladies wrote.

HPG

It is ok to vent. I am sorry your mom received the news she did. My mom just passed in June. Feel free to pm if you want to vent or just release anything. I will be a listening ear. I will keep you, your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

HairPleezeGrow I'm so sorry to hear about your ma. Thoughts and prayers are with you. It is not easy being the lone caregiver when you have siblings and other family members that don't pitch in. Money always makes people crazy. Just breathe girl, sending you lots of hugs.

It's been such a long week for me. I haven't been on really to post but just read some to get my mind off of things going on. Yesterday we got some news that we knew was coming for a while now. My mom has been getting chemo for 18 months and has had it changed 4 times. Nothing is working and the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. :'( this was not the news we wanted to hear. I'm devastated and on top of it all we are going to have some drama if my mom does not get better and God decides to take her home. Why does money always come in between family? We have 1 person in our family from my mom's kids who is all about just the money and it hurts us. I think everyone tends to have that one person and we (my mom's kids) are trying to figure out what to do. Anyway I just needed to vent bc I've been keeping it in and have basically been my family's back bone through out this all. I'm the youngest of the children and the one who stepped up to take care of my mom, grandma, and disabled sister. I've always helped take care of them but this has been difficult. Anyway I need to go back and see what you ladies wrote.

HPG

Sorry to hear about your mom, and your situation. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way.

just washed out the henna after 7 hrs. The horsetail tea helped greatly with the rinse out. amazing! rinsed with water and only used conditioner 2x to rinse out the rest.:grin:

just washed out the henna after 7 hrs. The horsetail tea helped greatly with the rinse out. amazing! rinsed with water and only used conditioner 2x to rinse out the rest.:grin:

I've never left my hendigo in for more than 2 hours....wow 7 hours :-). That's gr8 it rinsed out easily.

HPG

Thank you ladies for the well wishes! It really does mean a lot.

So where are y'all getting the SAA from?

HPG

I dusted my ends tonight. Want to make sure I keep retaining. I hate dusting/trimming. It seems to take forever. But I'm done now. I will do a protein treatment this weekend to give my hair some added strength.

I've never left my hendigo in for more than 2 hours....wow 7 hours :-). That's gr8 it rinsed out easily.

HPG

Girl when I first starting using henna, I used to do it overnight!!! Normally, I only do three hours max since I've been using henna for almost three years. But bc I hadn't done a henna treat in over a month and I had ALOT of grey hairs, I wanted to make sure they were all covered. :grin:

I'm so inconsistent with posting, y'all just gonna have to just love me anyway :lachen: :bighug:

Ok so I hope these cell block A twists magically turn into a good twistout. I'm skill-challenge. I can't wait til I can make a ponytail.

image-443216650.jpg

image-2627909007.jpg

I'm so inconsistent with posting, y'all just gonna have to just love me anyway :lachen: :bighug:

Ok so I hope these cell block A twists magically turn into a good twistout. I'm skill-challenge. I can't wait til I can make a ponytail.

That looks like it's going to be one nice looking chunky twistout!

HPG

I'm tired of short hair :tantrum:

I was looking at my measurements, I will be lucky to hit APL by the end of next year. Hopefully I can hit full SL by the spring.

I was looking at my measurements, I will be lucky to hit APL by the end of next year. Hopefully I can hit full SL by the spring.

Aww it will be alright faith. Even though my hair is where it's at I still feel the same way as you do. I feel like my hair is short (bc it is lol) and it seems like it's taking forever...I said I was going to measure this month or next but I'm not. I'm going to wait til the end of the year. I don't want to be disappointed so soon.

HPG

Aww it will be alright faith. Even though my hair is where it's at I still feel the same way as you do. I feel like my hair is short (bc it is lol) and it seems like it's taking forever...I said I was going to measure this month or next but I'm not. I'm going to wait til the end of the year. I don't want to be disappointed so soon.

HPG

bah humbug! I may feel more optimistic after I finish my hair. I'm tired of doing my hair. When I get a chance to put it up I will.

bah humbug! I may feel more optimistic after I finish my hair. I'm tired of doing my hair. When I get a chance to put it up I will.

Girl if you tired of doing your hair already imagine when you get to your goal length lol!!! And you betta not cut it either!

HPG

Me too faithVA! My goal is grazing APL by the end of 2014 which would be nothing short of a miracle. I'm sure you'll be APL way before me. Your hair seems to be thriving.

I got my hair trimmed a few days ago into an ear length bob and I like it. I had to cut to even out my nape due to tying my durag too tight underneath my wigs. Even though it's so hard being patient while growing out a pixie cut, I'm really liking my new hairdo and I'm determined to keep my ends healthy and simplify my regimen to retain length from here on out.

Back