SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

So no cutting. Did a rollerset then went over it w/ a flatiron. The shape and length is just fine. The thing is though, I still resorted to a headband and really my edges are...eh...meh. Which is making me want to go back to my airdried rollersets. The thing is I had stopped them b/c I was using the snap-top, which is what makes them so smooth when I take them out (much smoother than if I just used a clip). But I was worried that my edges were sacrificing. And you know...maybe it wasn't an ideal situation for the edges, but it seems like they aren't doing that much better w/ the other techniques I was using.

Basically, it was the battle of style or hair journey and I think I'm fine with sacrificing a little flyness. I'm actually not fly and like it that way lol. So I'll go back to my air-dried rollersets. I may not wash daily though, but maybe every few days or so; few times a week. Then too I want to look into some different kinds of headbands. And just go from there.

did a cowash with suave nat rosemary and mint and oil rinsed with a mix of grapeseed an hot six oils. Hair is in a tee shirt, kinda feeling lazy. Will just flat twist and tie down with a scarf when I'm good and ready :grin:

Eh the rollerset was wack. Don't think I'm going back to that regimen. I want to try the wash every 2/3 wks thing I did some time back. And I made sure to roll my hair at night so I wouldn't use heat in between. Yea.

I think I stopped because my hair was getting greasy but I think that was more from greasing my scalp and think I was putting curlwax in between too. Will just use it right after washing.

Ok regimen redo take-2

I applied my NJoy oil and dcing with Giovanni botanical con under a plastic cap. Will probably do a twistout and then a length check since it's coming up on my 2 month trim next week. I may wait until October to LC though since I did do one about a month ago.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Getting a little more length. Was able to put the back of my hair into two flat twists. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to get the back in a small bun.

Gained a little more growth in the front. A few of my twists reach the top of my lip. I don't see much growth in the back. It is hard to tell. Tried to put the back into a banana clip but between my shrinkage and the density I am going to need quite a few more inches to make it work.

Gained a little more growth in the front. A few of my twists reach the top of my lip. I don't see much growth in the back. It is hard to tell. Tried to put the back into a banana clip but between my shrinkage and the density I am going to need quite a few more inches to make it work.

See, my bangs are barely barely at the bridge of my nose. The back is less than an inch from cbl. Crazy how growth is diff from person to person.

See, my bangs are barely barely at the bridge of my nose. The back is less than an inch from cbl. Crazy how growth is diff from person to person.

It is crazy. I would rather have the growth in the back, then I could wear a puff or a bun. Not much I can do with long hair in the front :ohwell:

My hair has always grown faster in the front, even when I was relaxed. I also end up dusting the back more because it is a different kind of hair. Hopefully, the majority of my hair will be NL by December.

We just have to stay patient. :yep:

^^^my hair grows faster in the back. I'd love faster front hair because it can be thicker with blunt cuts. That one line on long hair in the back looks thin by itself.

me and are not friends I tell ya! That oil rinse I did the other day? Hair is still greasy...
should say me and oil, anyhow, I may recant. did yoga and just rinsed my hair with warm water in the shower and rinsed once more in cool water after my shower. Tshirt dried and hair was moist, easy to detangle and shiny. May try again.

It is crazy. I would rather have the growth in the back, then I could wear a puff or a bun. Not much I can do with long hair in the front :ohwell:

My hair has always grown faster in the front, even when I was relaxed. I also end up dusting the back more because it is a different kind of hair. Hopefully, the majority of my hair will be NL by December.

We just have to stay patient. :yep:

you n me are in the same boat; my hair grows very fast in the crown and front, back is always shorter. looks like a tapered fro or reversed mullet lol

Ok. I tried to battle with braids again and I again lost the fight. Ugh.:nono: I thought it would be cute to do crochet braids with human hair. Horrible human hair at that. I put a dot of glue cause I'm an idiot and didn't think that it would leak to my own hair. I thought that I had left enough room. Long story short (I know. Too late) but I had to wack out a hunk of hair on my already thin crown and a chunk out of the back.

I couldn't get pictures of the back with my 2megapixel pay as you go phone while I'm waiting for my replacement iPhone. I couldn't wait either.

Do you see it? Its a bunch of curlies in the middle of coilies. I wanted to chop all the hair on my head. Again. But I decided that I'd keep going on my journey and when I reach my goal, I'll probably even it out.

These are my coilies while coily and also stretched out. Again, my camera stinks. Big time. Ugh. But I'm getting there. I could be SL cause it goes a little past the frame of the picture.

I'm posting this in the middle of the night because I start in a new classroom tomorrow with middle schoolers and I don't know what to do with my hair. Wigging it will mean I'll have to keep wigging it. Natural and I'll have to figure out how to wear my hair while its so thin.

:sad::sad:

Yipes apemay1969! no bueno :nono: Luckily, it's just hair and will fill in in a couple months.
___

It's crochet braid time for me too. I crocheted all through spring and half of summer. It's time to go back because the scissors keep tempting me...they just call my name all day err day :look:

Will spend this week doing an indigo to get it nice and black to easily match extensions, protein Rx it, moisturize and moisturize again.

Wonder if there's a good place online to order bulk 3c-4a synthetic hair online. Ideas anyone? Need a change and I pretty much wore out all the local shops...

Ok. I tried to battle with braids again and I again lost the fight. Ugh.:nono: I thought it would be cute to do crochet braids with human hair. Horrible human hair at that. I put a dot of glue cause I'm an idiot and didn't think that it would leak to my own hair. I thought that I had left enough room. Long story short (I know. Too late) but I had to wack out a hunk of hair on my already thin crown and a chunk out of the back.

I couldn't get pictures of the back with my 2megapixel pay as you go phone while I'm waiting for my replacement iPhone. I couldn't wait either.

Do you see it? Its a bunch of curlies in the middle of coilies. I wanted to chop all the hair on my head. Again. But I decided that I'd keep going on my journey and when I reach my goal, I'll probably even it out.

These are my coilies while coily and also stretched out. Again, my camera stinks. Big time. Ugh. But I'm getting there. I could be SL cause it goes a little past the frame of the picture.

I'm posting this in the middle of the night because I start in a new classroom tomorrow with middle schoolers and I don't know what to do with my hair. Wigging it will mean I'll have to keep wigging it. Natural and I'll have to figure out how to wear my hair while its so thin.

:sad::sad:

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback apemay1969 Try using jbco on the scalp in those thinning areas to kick start the growth and thicken up what is there. Also ayurvedic powders can help strengthen if not thicken as well.

Yes apemay1969 Wenbev gave you some good advice. I actually 4got I even use those powders bc they are apart of my regimen and they do help strengthen the hair. Take a look at the ayurvedic thread.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Man, I did a bun today and my crown looked like a comb-over. I may have to wig it until that fills in cause I'm too cool for this. I want a full lace but I also like driving and eating.

I did the flatiron with curlwax and this is just too much grease. Damn. I'm washing it tonight n rollerseting. It may look wack for the first week but will eventually get trained and look better. We'll see.

I scheduled my first official rollerset at the salon for the end of October. I am hoping to have an extra inch of hair by then so hoping it will come out nicely.

I do my own rollerset but want to see what a salon finish looks like so I can get some tips. I also want to get that nice scalp massage that I miss at the salon.

^^^faithVA your hair looks awesome in that avie!

And I think I'll do a protein deep condition. CPR has protein right? I'd rather ORS Mayo, but I know I already have CPR at home. Then after that I'll do my regular Suave Humectant Poo and Con, NTM, and rollerset. And I'll just need to find some headwrap/headband alternatives for when it gets boring. I say that 2-3 times a year, but I really do. I'd totally do some pretty silk handscarves as headbands, but I want something work-appropriate and that just blends in well. Solid, dark colors, not too much shine.

Also, I always feel like I should have my hairline showing...instead of putting the scarf along my forehead w/ no hair showing. Idk why but seems like it makes a difference. But it seems easier to do w/ the regular headband than the scarves.

I'm living vicariously through yalls (Paula Dean?) hair stories and pictures. Im on week 3 and a half with these cornrows...under this wig. Can you sense my unhappiness? I wanna play in my hair too! I may unleash the demon tomorrow. I'm supposed to wait until Monday...I have no self control. I need a length check in my life!

^^^faithVA your hair looks awesome in that avie!

And I think I'll do a protein deep condition. CPR has protein right? I'd rather ORS Mayo, but I know I already have CPR at home. Then after that I'll do my regular Suave Humectant Poo and Con, NTM, and rollerset. And I'll just need to find some headwrap/headband alternatives for when it gets boring. I say that 2-3 times a year, but I really do. I'd totally do some pretty silk handscarves as headbands, but I want something work-appropriate and that just blends in well. Solid, dark colors, not too much shine.

I used to LOVE that motions cpr when I was relaxed!

I'm living vicariously through yalls (Paula Dean?) hair stories and pictures. Im on week 3 and a half with these cornrows...under this wig. Can you sense my unhappiness? I wanna play in my hair too! I may unleash the demon tomorrow. I'm supposed to wait until Monday...I have no self control. I need a length check in my life!

Evallusion
I know what you mean about playin in my hair. I bought weave months ago but never got it done. I tried crochet weave but took it right out. Now I wanna have my DD give me yarn braids when she gets back for Thanksgiving. Im gonna miss doing my diy DCs.

Wenbev
I mixed my henna this morning. I could tell right away that I got good color release bc it stained my fingers. Thinking about adding chlorella, coconut milk powder and SAA powder to my usual mix. Cant wait to get home!

Back