SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

nevermind, i'm taking these braids out. my hair is so crispy and dry wow. and these senegalese twists knot like nothing else. i'm afraid of some of my hair locing up.

The argan oil one? Hated it...still have a full bottle.

I ordered elucence moisture benefits shampoo which I hear good things about.

I dont know what shampoos you have tried but I love Aussie Moist and I think people tend to forget out it because they're trying different stuff and what not. But I shall not stray from Aussie Moist. Plus no ordering and shipping and its not too pricey you know. If you havent tried it yet give it a shot.

I dont know what shampoos you have tried but I love Aussie Moist and I think people tend to forget out it because they're trying different stuff and what not. But I shall not stray from Aussie Moist. Plus no ordering and shipping and its not too pricey you know. If you havent tried it yet give it a shot.

The elucence was about $6-$8 for a 10oz bottle so it wasn't too bad but ur right, on the ground would def be better. I've also been studying Alicia James' Reggie because we seen to have the same hair type, density, etc. she uses HH hello hydration. I think I'll stop by target to see if I can pick up both in a trial size. Thanks!

The elucence was about $6-$8 for a 10oz bottle so it wasn't too bad but ur right, on the ground would def be better. I've also been studying Alicia James' Reggie because we seen to have the same hair type, density, etc. she uses HH hello hydration. I think I'll stop by target to see if I can pick up both in a trial size. Thanks!

Yes I also love HE HH! In fact that was my staple until I got hooked on Aussie. Actually I think the only reason I preferred Aussie over HE HH was because that had the big a$$ pump bottles lol :lol:

I love aussie, especially tht 3 min miracle.

went shopping at the indian market today...bought neem oil, 2 small packages of nupur henna, a box of rose petal and shikakai powder. All under $15 :grin:
I originally picked up a bottle of that amla oil in the green box, but when I read the ingredients, the first on the list was mineral oil. :nono: Can't wait to try them all, especially the neem oil for my prepoo.

Where do you ladies get your powders from and what kind really help growth??

Hey I get mine from my local Indian store. There's an Avurvedic thread here and it lists how the powders benefit the hair and what's their uses are. It also lists different websites where you can purchase online if you can't get them on ground locally.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Checking in .. I have been slipping ! My house is currently being renovated with blowers everywhere, no sinks , all my hair stuff is scattered and my hair is like straw ! Idk what to do with it and I just hope when everything is settled my hair is not a broken mess !

Checking in .. I have been slipping ! My house is currently being renovated with blowers everywhere, no sinks , all my hair stuff is scattered and my hair is like straw ! Idk what to do with it and I just hope when everything is settled my hair is not a broken mess !

If anything keep your hair oiled and use a little spray bottle with water and conditioner to keep it moisturized until everything is done. Do you have friend's or family where you can go over and do your hair like on weekends?

HPG

Am I shoulder length or do I still need a few inches? I felt my hair touching my shoulders this week so I decided to take some pictures.

Attachments

• WP_20130817_00120130817004138 (1).jpg
    WP_20130817_00120130817004138 (1).jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 64
  • WP_20130817_00620130817004212 (1).jpg
    WP_20130817_00620130817004212 (1).jpg
    266 KB · Views: 68
Been playing with my crown. I realize I've been selling it short. The rest of my hair grows out "straight" the first inch to inch and a half. The crown the kinks and coils start at about .5". So it never looks like it grows. It takes a lot of pulling and tugging and detangling to see its length because it the size of the coil is as small as those super thin coffee straw things if not smaller. No wonder! It is longer than I thought :)

Am I shoulder length or do I still need a few inches? I felt my hair touching my shoulders this week so I decided to take some pictures.

Your hair is definitely SL. Not like the rest of us bc your hair is even throughout so that's even more wonderful. Most of us are SL in the back and sides and waiting for our crown and front to reach it. Beautiful hair ma'am.

HPG

I'm so excited! Thank you all for your help! I was thinking I was just a bit off shoulder length, but I guess not! My front curls only go to my bottom lip, so hopefully they catch up! Also my hair is really smooth but the ends feel crispy, not dry, just not smooth as the length of my hair. Does that mean I need to cut? I am checking all my shed hairs and I cannot see any split ends or breakage. I haven't cut since my BC in September, do you think its time for a trim?

If you really need to you can get 2 liters of water from grocery, drug, convenience store and try doing just a water rinse. It will help your scalp and at least get some moisture to your hair until you can fully shampoo.

Gave myself a sorely needed dusting and S&D with the split ender today. It worked well. Im about to wash and DC now.

ETA: I had a LOT of split ends but I think I got them all. I think it was from trying to detangle and comb wet hair. No more of that!! I let my hair air dry 90% and the tangles release on their own.

Last edited:
Wash day was today --prepoo with hair trigger in scalp, protein condish and grapeseed oil on hair with heat. Shampoo'd with giovanni deep moisture, followed with giovanni xtreme protein, followed with tea mixture under giovanni deeper moisture condish. Hair is soft, curls defined and shiny after rinsing.

Anyone use neem oil? How are you using it? Its really strong smelling so I'm thinking to use as a prepoo with another oil...any suggestions will be helpful :)

getting a relaxer touch up today. i couldn't transition. I almost feel like a doof for trying but whatever. I like my hair relaxed.

I'll post length check pics when I'm done.

Anyone use neem oil? How are you using it? Its really strong smelling so I'm thinking to use as a prepoo with another oil...any suggestions will be helpful :)

Don't know about neem oil...you probably could mix it with another oil or if you have any essential oils to combat the smell.

HPG

getting a relaxer touch up today. i couldn't transition. I almost feel like a doof for trying but whatever. I like my hair relaxed.

I'll post length check pics when I'm done.

Can't wait to see pics!

HPG

Back