SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

it's just that some of the bases of the braids are really looser than it was earlier this month. idk if that's a good or bad thing. I touch the base and it feels like there's barely any hair there.It's a thin strip of hair. I hope that's normal :O

I am looking forward to all the growth though :grin:

IHey ladies, I've been away for work, but glad to be back and have enjoyed reading. faithVA your rollerset looks very fluffy and I like it with the headband.

I think I made shoulder length officially. Roller set and wrapped for the night but will take a photo in the a.m. Wish me luck!!!!! Maybe unicorns will dance through my scalp tonight so I won't be disappointed in the morning...

I MADE IT?!?!?!?! Just barely but I think so.....

Attachments

• image-1553938802.jpg
    image-1553938802.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 62
Thank you Wenbev. Everytime I hear the word fluffy it reminds me of that animated cartoon when the little girl yells He's So Fluffy. :lol:

I honestly don't know what exact length my hair is .. My sides are hitting my collar bone but my crown and back is what I'm focused the most on . So I'm pushing till December !

Congratulations Jobwright! Onto CBL-APL for you! :)

I'm firmly entrenched in the SL challenge now. My very back layers are like 1.5" from CBL (weeeird!).

Unfortunately, my crown hasnt even passed the rounded part of the back of my head! WTF?!?! Why can that area NEVER retain?!?!

A short crown makes the entire hair look short. I HATE this!

gbunnie
DarkJoy
My crown and sides are the same way. That crown area just wont behave as nicely as the nape. I also have wispy edges and I think that makes my hair look shorter and thinner too.

Im working hard on my edges and IDK if there's ANY hope for this crown, smh. I might leave the texturizer on that part a min or two longer next time.

I have to give up the pompadour. My twists all over my head are pretty even in thickness from root to tip. The front section is the only area where the last 2 inches are half the thickness of the root. I have been investigating, and right now I believe it to be caused by the bobby pins i use to secure my pompadours.
If you've seen my pictures, you ll see that I do it with almost every styles, even with my puffs. I will stay away from the puffs for a while too. I feel like cutting those 2 inches, but I don't have the heart to do it. There are no splits that I can see or any breakage. I will post pictures later when I undo my twists to wash my hair.
These are not great but you can see what I'm talking about:

image-3446349802.jpg

Small twist in the front

image-2894164380.jpg

Small twist from a random spot

I will post better pics later. I think I might go ahead and chop of those thin ends and call this a set back. Danm bobby pins.

Last edited:
^^It very well could be the bobby pins. If you give it a break then you will be able to tell for sure. You should at least trim some of it away and give yourself a good protein treatment at least in that area if you haven't done one recently.

I found out during my Komaza Analysis follow up that I was shredding my strands in the back while trying to wear puffs. It was too much strain on my strands. :sad: As much as I want to wear a puff for convenience I will probably have to wait until I am full SL to wear it comfortable. :ohwell:

During the analysis, she showed me pictures of hair damage due to different types of hair accessories. I was shocked. I had never thought about it before.

^^It very well could be the bobby pins. If you give it a break then you will be able to tell for sure. You should at least trim some of it away and give yourself a good protein treatment at least in that area if you haven't done one recently.

I found out during my Komaza Analysis follow up that I was shredding my strands in the back while trying to wear puffs. It was too much strain on my strands. :sad: As much as I want to wear a puff for convenience I will probably have to wait until I am full SL to wear it comfortable. :ohwell:

During the analysis, she showed me pictures of hair damage due to different types of hair accessories. I was shocked. I had never thought about it before.

Really? !? Puffs & accessories? Who would have thought. And a ton of women rock puffs and use accessories so I wonder how many people are getting damage and not knowing it? So did she say if it was the application and removal of the accessory that is causing the damage?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

my new discovery. With research I figured out that my hair has a higher than normal porosity. That would explain my the puffiness and frizz when I do curly styles in this hot humid Florida weather. SO I used the info from the one of the threads on this board re acv rinse formula. I used it as a final rinse and then I sprayed some in my hair before my leave ins.AMAZING:thumbsup: my 2nd attempt at a flat twist out came so nice and soft. Its day 4 and the curls are still holding up, no frizz just doing M&S. Which usually day 2 game over I'm in love:grin:

Really? !? Puffs & accessories? Who would have thought. And a ton of women rock puffs and use accessories so I wonder how many people are getting damage and not knowing it? So did she say if it was the application and removal of the accessory that is causing the damage?

HPG

I gather some things are just bad no matter how you apply them. But for things it is about the application, like for instant the puff. Like for our hair at the twa stage and we roll that fabric or band across the sections of our hair and we are using that band to stretch our hair to create a puff that could be an issue.

For my hair it was really an issue because I have so much shrinkage and trying to hold the hair in place for a puff caused stress where the band was and it was breaking.

Some things like bobby pins you can actually see the indentation it leaves on strands.

I have learned to stop trying to force styles. If my hair isn't long enough for it yet then I have to wait. And I try to use accessories sparingly for now.

And like anything, it varies head to head. The stronger the strands the less worry :yep:

bobbi pins, though? Ugh sorry ronie . It just being in the front, I wouldnt call it a setback. You dont have to trim your whole head. And you can trim the bangs slowly...maybe half now and half in a couple months.

SO I'm being forced to go out again tonight. So this time I will take pictures while sober so you guys can see my hair lol

So turns out I actually did have fun lol. And I finally got a decent pic of my hair. I dont know why its so hard!!! Its like trying to get a good pic of my hair is like getting a good pic of big foot!

Gotta love the "club bathroom pix" lol

Thanks for the advice ladies. Today I trimmed 1 inch off the front. Cause even if i don't see the breakage, it must have happened since the ends are thinner than the roots. Thank god it s only my bangs. It looks much better now.
Next month is my flat iron date, so I will take care of the rest after i straighten my hair. I might get it professionally trim if I get a stylist who listen.

Love the curls MzMomo. We want to see the drunk pictures :yep: :lol:

I agree with you about how hard it is to get good pictures.

So lovely MzMoMo! Love your look. :-) Girl ain't that the truth about taking good pics. I be fighting to get something decent.

HPG

Love the curls MzMomo. We want to see the drunk pictures :yep: :lol:

I agree with you about how hard it is to get good pictures.

faithVA :lachen: How did I know you were gonna ask for the drunk pix lol

But yes, if I dont have the right light all you see is a black mass around my head lmao. One pic from last weekend a friend posted on my FB "Why did you shave your hair again?!?" I was like "I DIDNT!! Its blending with the background jerk!" lol

Thank you ladies. Lord know I be trying lol..

Then to come home, take a nap, wake up for yoga and then come home take care of the dogs and do my 3 miles... Man, healthy living is hard!!! Now I know why I stayed fluffy for so long lol

What length are you now?

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Transitioning

What retention methods do you plan on using? Co wash, hot oil treatment, deep condition, no/less heat

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? No

Back