SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Its so funny...when I look at that LC pic I just cant believe its my own hair! That hairnorexia is REAL! I never bothered to do LC pics bc I honestly didn't think I had much retention at all...its pretty crazy, huh?

But I don't wanna leave this thread bc I wanna focus on the front of my hair

Im nervous to take down my twist extensions hopefully I have good growth
I hate that its still so hard to manage my hair. I think the back of my hair is grazing my shoulders

I noticed some splits today on my troubled crown. :(

I realized its been over 2 months since my last dust (well, dust turned full blown trim). Time to do a tiny dusting. No more than quarter inch! I promise!

Yeah I have castor oil too. Would I apply it once hair is dry or to damp hair? Do I use it to seal? I only have used it in my sulphur oil mix for my scalp when I run out of NJoys oil. TIA!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Damp!!! I love castor oil it seals in a lot of moisture that way

I noticed some splits today on my troubled crown. :(

I realized its been over 2 months since my last dust (well, dust turned full blown trim). Time to do a tiny dustingNo more than quarter inch! I promise!

I noticed a huge difference in the amount of split ends after I changed all my combs. I switched to hercules sagemanns. very good investment.

Yay guys so I used the ORS pudding and undid my twists with castor oil and can finally report I have little to no frizz! I haven't covered the parts yet. I just took the twist down. Tell me what you think? Thanks ladies for all your advice.

View attachment 219613

View attachment 219615

View attachment 219617

HPG

Just Beautiful!!! I've wanted to try ORS pudding because the container & magazine ads say that its good for ponytails too!

Just Beautiful!!! I've wanted to try ORS pudding because the container & magazine ads say that its good for ponytails too!

Thanks ma'am. Give it a go. It left my hair feeling so soft and moisturized. It really does feel like butter. However the smell of this product is something else...it smells like a relaxer to me lol. I had to read the jar again after I opened it bc I was like wait a minute. I can't wait until I have a full looking ponytail. I have to give puffs a try with the elastic bands (you know the illusion of a bigger puff/pony) using this.

HPG

Last edited:
Hello. Relaxed today after 10 week stretch. I got mixani bb mild. I think my stylist majorly overlapped bc i got the relaxer after taking out some summer cornrows and my hair was wavy and she couldnt deal with it :( :(. in good news she left it in no more than 10 minutes and only combed thru once, so i dunno. well hopefully if i baby it i wont have another setback. My broken areas are trying their best to grow back.

Heres a pic update. The left is the end of may (last relaxer) and the right is today. Hopefully u can see progress. I am heading into a 12-14 week stretch helped by my cornrows/wig.

Attachments

• image-3557203555.jpg
    image-3557203555.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3124622483.jpg
    image-3124622483.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 34
This is some good growth for only 10 weeks. Congrats!!!

Hello. Relaxed today after 10 week stretch. I got mixani bb mild. I think my stylist majorly overlapped bc i got the relaxer after taking out some summer cornrows and my hair was wavy and she couldnt deal with it :( :(. in good news she left it in no more than 10 minutes and only combed thru once, so i dunno. well hopefully if i baby it i wont have another setback. My broken areas are trying their best to grow back.

Heres a pic update. The left is the end of may (last relaxer) and the right is today. Hopefully u can see progress. I am heading into a 12-14 week stretch helped by my cornrows/wig.

We need to rename this challenge the SL to WL challenge :lol: By December folks hair going to be blocking movie screens.

faithVA, HairPleezeGrow, @ronie, Wenbev, probably chopping again before i cornrow. i think the last 5 inch chop has made me a cutting addict :lachen:

my hair is growing fast, but my breakage 2-3 inches from the ends is not catching up. thinking of taking myself up to an inch above SL (basically where i started in late may) to completely start over. if my growth is consistent, i'll be back where i am now in 3 months....but without see-thru ends. would anyone sign off on this, or do you all want me to wait until i get some more growth so I don't lose length progress?

faithVA, HairPleezeGrow, @ronie, Wenbev, probably chopping again before i cornrow. i think the last 5 inch chop has made me a cutting addict :lachen:

my hair is growing fast, but my breakage 2-3 inches from the ends is not catching up. thinking of taking myself up to an inch above SL (basically where i started in late may) to completely start over. if my growth is consistent, i'll be back where i am now in 3 months....but without see-thru ends. would anyone sign off on this, or do you all want me to wait until i get some more growth so I don't lose length progress?

Can you just nurse your ends with some type of protein and moisturize after until it does catch up? I don't think you have to cut off your progress unless your ends are split. You have to treat the cause which is your breakage or why it's breaking bc if you continue to have breakage then you are going to end up cutting your progress every 3 months.

HPG

Can you just nurse your ends with some type of protein and moisturize after until it does catch up? I don't think you have to cut off your progress unless your ends are split. You have to treat the cause which is your breakage or why it's breaking bc if you continue to have breakage then you are going to end up cutting your progress every 3 months.

HPG

Hey girlie. My ends look great, nice and blunt. The problem is that ALL my hair is growing fast, and seemingly at the same speed. The breakage is growing a lot, but it is still 2-3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I really don't see how it will catch up. I could go the gradual route and just do a 1 inch trim like every few months, that would work to catch it up...but my ends will be thin for a longer time and I'm impatient. Have you been thru an experience like this?

Hey girlie. My ends look great, nice and blunt. The problem is that ALL my hair is growing fast, and seemingly at the same speed. The breakage is growing a lot, but it is still 2-3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I really don't see how it will catch up. I could go the gradual route and just do a 1 inch trim like every few months, that would work to catch it up...but my ends will be thin for a longer time and I'm impatient. Have you been thru an experience like this?

No I haven't but I have seen a lot threads or questions asked about breakage. I see what you are saying now. Yeah you could trim every couple of months then to even it out or if you think it would be better to just cut and get it over with then do what you think is best. Whatever you decide it will grow back. But remember to treat the breakage or it will continue. I've been hearing about aphogee lately.

HPG

No I haven't but I have seen a lot threads or questions asked about breakage. I see what you are saying now. Yeah you could trim every couple of months then to even it out or if you think it would be better to just cut and get it over with then do what you think is best. Whatever you decide it will grow back. But remember to treat the breakage or it will continue. I've been hearing about aphogee lately.

HPG

Ok. Yea i don't want to do anything rash. as background, in march chunks of my hair broke down to the line of demarcation. All over my head. I was apl and cut to neck length so that the breakage wouldn't have so far to go. Ive come a long way since them, but the ends are still thin bc of the breakage and I'm tired of looking at it. So my inclination is to cut but as i look in the mirror, it would be quite short for me. Maybe trimming 1 inch every couple months is the answer. :) i will think about it and sleep on it.

@faithVA, @HairPleezeGrow, @ronie, @Wenbev, probably chopping again before i cornrow. i think the last 5 inch chop has made me a cutting addict :lachen:

Trixie58 step away from the shears!!!

Trixie58 step away from the shears!!!

Ok thats 2 people, you and HairPleezeGrow advising against it. Ok you all win. I will chill and just wear a loose pony for few weeks since i just relaxed, then start ps'ing with weaves and wigs till early next year. Ill trim after that. Sadly there will be another woman in new york city wandering the streets with scraggly hair for the next six months. I have to push thru this phase!

Still braided up. Its been about a month....I miss my wigs!!!! I miss changing my hair every 2 weeks!!! But I'm gonna try to hang in there for another month. Waaahhhhh!!!!

It's my 1 year bc anniversary this weekend. I colored my hair last night with the Shea Moisture Medium Brown. It came out nicely. I think the Naturtint works better on my hair though. But I did at least get to try the Restorative conditioner which my hair ilkes. So I will pick up a bottle of that when my stash gets smaller.

Doing a rollerset for a wedding. I hope it comes out nice. :pray: I will try to take pictures before the style gets to old. Then it is going back into twists.

Back