SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Haha yes please share. I love to see y'all pics. Mine are defined but my crown is frizzy and I need some tips on what to use to help that part.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

The front looked decent, and I was getting ready to wear it out. WhenI looked at the back, it was a frizzy undefined soft cottony mess. So I wore my hair in a puff. I am myself looking for a good styler. I love the qhemet honey bush soft gel, but it has glycerin, and I'm afraid to use it and cause more frizz. I will try it anyways this weekend. I guess I will have to see how it holds up in the summer. It was the perfect gel in fall and spring.

image-318386554.jpg

image-3206636588.jpg

image-3846241725.jpg

The front looked decent, and I was getting ready to wear it out. WhenI looked at the back, it was a frizzy undefined soft cottony mess. So I wore my hair in a puff. I am myself looking for a good styler. I love the qhemet honey bush soft gel, but it has glycerin, and I'm afraid to use it and cause more frizz. I will try it anyways this weekend. I guess I will have to see how it holds up in the summer. It was the perfect gel in fall and spring.

Thnx for sharing. I guess we can only see our own frizz bc I don't see any lol. I'm sure it's there though. I just bought some ORS pudding at walgreens as I didn't make it to the other side of town to BSS. I'm going to wash and give that a try today.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow I stopped doing twists for that very reason, the frizz was annoying, I was using more product to tame the frizz and my hair was not touchable. I do braidouts now and the results are better for me.

HairPleezeGrow I stopped doing twists for that very reason, the frizz was annoying, I was using more product to tame the frizz and my hair was not touchable. I do braidouts now and the results are better for me.

I haven't tried a braid out. I think I'm going to give it a try. Do you do individual braids or braid to the scalp? Hopefully it's individuals bc I'm on a no cornrow mission for a while.

HPG

The front middle portion was colored last September and my hendigo turns my grays a coppery blond color so the darker color Auburn is dye and the lighter color is my grays.

View attachment 219541

View attachment 219543

HPG

Well I noticed the parts you're saying are frizzy look like they were color treated hair. Since you use henna maybe some extra moisturizing in those areas might fix the frizz?

Well I noticed the parts you're saying are frizzy look like they were color treated hair. Since you use henna maybe some extra moisturizing in those areas might fix the frizz?

Thanks ma'am yeah I see what you are saying but that part has always been my frizzy problem area since I big chopped long ago. I guess the color didn't make it any better lol. It just magnified it. Nothing has worked on those parts so I just wanted to see what you lovely ladies have been using bc my attempts are not good.

HPG

Thanks ma'am yeah I see what you are saying but that part has always been my frizzy problem area since I big chopped long ago. I guess the color didn't make it any better lol. It just magnified it. Nothing has worked on those parts so I just wanted to see what you lovely ladies have been using bc my attempts are not good.

HPG

I used to have that same problem and believe it or not I would put Vaseline on those parts. Just the sections that were stupid frizzy. I made sure that it was clean, moisturized and sealed and then put the plain Vaseline on JUST the trouble spots and then after a while I no longer had those troubled spots...

I got the idea from the lady who had her daughters hair like half way to the floor and she put Vaseline in her daughters hair and it was beautiful (some of yall might remember who I'm talking about). She got a lot of slack for it but it worked for them, has worked for others and worked for my sections that just didnt cooperate (and those sections were dye, relaxer, and any other chemical free so it was just natural frizz)

I used to have that same problem and believe it or not I would put Vaseline on those parts. Just the sections that were stupid frizzy. I made sure that it was clean, moisturized and sealed and then put the plain Vaseline on JUST the trouble spots and then after a while I no longer had those troubled spots...

I got the idea from the lady who had her daughters hair like half way to the floor and she put Vaseline in her daughters hair and it was beautiful (some of yall might remember who I'm talking about). She got a lot of slack for it but it worked for them, has worked for others and worked for my sections that just didnt cooperate (and those sections were dye, relaxer, and any other chemical free so it was just natural frizz)

Wow really I've never heard of using vaseline. That is definitely going to be on my list to try. So do you put vaseline and then LI and then styler?

HPG

Vaseline is a sealer that most of lhcf maligns.

Shoot, my hair likes Vaseline/petroleum/grease. It's all kinda the same.

I use in winter to heavy seal and style soaking wet hair.

Be reminded you must sulfate shampoo it out tho.

Vaseline is a sealer that most of lhcf maligns.

Shoot, my hair likes Vaseline/petroleum/grease. It's all kinda the same.

I use in winter to heavy seal and style soaking wet hair.

Be reminded you must sulfate shampoo it out tho.

Yeah, Vaseline here is either heaven or the devil himself depending who you ask lol.

But agreed, you must use sulfate shampoo. I use sulfate shampoo anyway because my scalp doesnt like the sulfate free ones (dont know if baking soda will get it out)

In the winter if my ends are feeling a bit dry I will put Vaseline on them as well before tucking into my bun (back when I had enough hair lol)

I haven't tried a braid out. I think I'm going to give it a try. Do you do individual braids or braid to the scalp? Hopefully it's individuals bc I'm on a no cornrow mission for a while.

HPG

I do them individual. I'll cornrow the front for the first inch so its closer to my scalp but you could just do a flat twist to the scalp and switch to braid for the length.

What about a heavy oil? Like castor or hempseed for frizzy hair?

Yeah I have castor oil too. Would I apply it once hair is dry or to damp hair? Do I use it to seal? I only have used it in my sulphur oil mix for my scalp when I run out of NJoys oil. TIA!

HPG

ronie
It looks like you may need to start your braids closer to the scalp and in smaller sections. Also you need something really moisturizing that makes your curls pop.

Yay guys so I used the ORS pudding and undid my twists with castor oil and can finally report I have little to no frizz! I haven't covered the parts yet. I just took the twist down. Tell me what you think? Thanks ladies for all your advice.

ForumRunner_20130731_183257.jpg

ForumRunner_20130731_183313.jpg

ForumRunner_20130731_183326.jpg

HPG

Did a 1/4 to 1/2 inch trim last night. I then soaked my hair in gleau oil. Cowshed this morning with hairveda masks cream rinse then DC with SD RCA. I used a protein leave in by komaza followed my qhemet ctdg. Put in big twists with SD mocha bling butter.
Before the trim I was comfortable claiming shoulder length. Below is a picture of it. I forgot to take another one after the trim. I actually was scared to see the damage, lol. But ends feel good so I'm happy. Need my hair in tip top shape for my September flat iron.

image-2679947619.jpg

Did a 1/4 to 1/2 inch trim last night. I then soaked my hair in gleau oil. Cowshed this morning with hairveda masks cream rinse then DC with SD RCA. I used a protein leave in by komaza followed my qhemet ctdg. Put in big twists with SD mocha bling butter.
Before the trim I was comfortable claiming shoulder length. Below is a picture of it. I forgot to take another one after the trim. I actually was scared to see the damage, lol. But ends feel good so I'm happy. Need my hair in tip top shape for my September flat iron.

Hey girl. :-) even after taking off the 1/2in you can still claim SL I believe! It's nothing like good feeling fresh ends. Can't wait for you flat iron in September also! And your hair is looking so thick and lush.

HPG

ronie
It looks like you may need to start your braids closer to the scalp and in smaller sections. Also you need something really moisturizing that makes your curls pop.

mshoneyfly, they were twists and yes definitely too big. I was trying that chuncky twistout look. They were actually way too moisturized. The hair was super soft and fluffy, too soft to hold a curl. And you are right again about twisting close to my scalp. When I look at it the roots look line they have not been twisted in months lol.
I usually get better results with smaller and tighter twists and with using a moisturizer that has protein.

mshoneyfly, they were twists and yes definitely too big. I was trying that chuncky twistout look. They were actually way too moisturized. The hair was super soft and fluffy, too soft to hold a curl. And you are right again about twisting close to my scalp. When I look at it the roots look line they have not been twisted in months lol.
I usually get better results with smaller and tighter twists and with using a moisturizer that has protein.

Really? I actually like the fluffy chunky twistout.

HPG

Hey HairPleezeGrow

You really got some good pics this time!! I see what you mean about the frizz in the first set. Your curl pattern is gorgeous!! It looks like you can just shake-n-go, lol! I love it! So glad you found a product that does the job!

Yeah I have castor oil too. Would I apply it once hair is dry or to damp hair? Do I use it to seal? I only have used it in my sulphur oil mix for my scalp when I run out of NJoys oil. TIA!

HPG

I use it on damp hair, light amounts after I use a leave in. I have dense, but fine strands so I use the leave in and castor oil lightly.

Yay guys so I used the ORS pudding and undid my twists with castor oil and can finally report I have little to no frizz! I haven't covered the parts yet. I just took the twist down. Tell me what you think? Thanks ladies for all your advice.

View attachment 219613

View attachment 219615

View attachment 219617

HPG

Your curls are so juicy. Happy you found something that works. I guess you needed some heavy sealing. Maybe twisting with a butter will eliminate your frizzies.

Back