SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

I just bought some more hair products that I wanted to try along with some of staples. Walgreens was having a BOGO free on the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer, Leave-In conditioner, & CON Argan Oil Sulfate free shampoo. So I only spent $20 on about $40 worth of products. I also bought some Biofusion Rosemary mint conditioner & Hydrating conitioner which were $3.99 each (regular $7.99). I already know how the Elasta QP products work & fell in love with the CON Argan Oil Sulfate free poo about a week ago. Hopefully the Biofusion works well with my hair!!

I'll be going down south to visit my hometown in about 3 weeks & I need to find me some new type of braids to do myself. I'm not sure if I would want to do kinky twists again. It took me 14 or 15 hours (i think...) the last time that I did them myself. I just may have my mom frenchbraid my hair so that I can sew me some weave in. Gonna need to look at some different styles for the sew in though since I got two different textures going on. Its either gonna have to be completely braided & covered or its going to have to be something curly to blend the front into so that my two textures won't be obvious.

Any ideas?!

Last edited:
I cowashed yesterday since I went to the beach. I decided to try a flat twist out. I put my DB leave in conditioner,coconut oil and GVP chi silk infusion serum. I will load pictures once I upload them

Oh just fyi I was rushing my DH to take my pic since we had to leave, that's why you can still see where I did my parts in the back, but I fluffed it up later and looked much better lol

Attachments

• 20130728_114320.jpg
    20130728_114320.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20130728_114334.jpg
    20130728_114334.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
yeeeeah, i'm gonna be in here for a while. i want full SL over everything else right now. I never had a "full" hair length and i think hair just looks better when its not in layers.

anyway, I'm still in twists, blargh, entering week 3. I think i'm gonna keep them in until the end of August or until they're so busted looking they start falling out themselves haha! taking biotin 10kmcg daily still. i am starting to feel some added growth. the roots under my twists in some areas are super puffy. and i have not washed my hair in a while. i hope to have near 2 inches by the end of this period.

then i'm starting to straighten my hair again.

Also, how long would it take (on average) for me to reach this hair length. this was how long my hair was when i met my bf.

My hair is about that long now and it took me a year starting from a 2" big chop. I probably could have been there sooner because I have had to trim quite a bit and my hair isn't growing very fast.

It really depends on your currently length.

Hair is getting longer. Wearing my hair in a flat twists style. Been a while since I have been able to wear one.

I had a two mishaps in the last month. First, I flatironed my thin crown and never snapped back. I'm telling you we got some 2b waves up there. Not looking good so I decide to do crochet braids with human hair. I also had a good idea to dab a little glue to hold the slippery hair. This is the result.

image-3080940058.jpg

This was cut from the back. I couldn't see the back and I glued by hair. Never. Ever again. Can't even blame my daughter this time. Been trying to get the glue out since last weekend so I gave up and snipped.

I'm still growing good. I'm past CBL so I'm thinking that with no mishaps, I should make SL by December.

Pure, raw shea butter is my friend. Idk why I never tried it straight before. I buy bulk, mix it with other butters. Shoooot. Tried it this last week and my porous hair soaks it up. I slather it on lightly misted hair reaaaaaly thick before bed. Yes it feels greasy. In the morning my fro feels like satin. Greasy gone. Just....ahhhhhh! Zero build up.

Not a good styler, but it's a moisture retention goddess.

yeeeeah, i'm gonna be in here for a while. i want full SL over everything else right now. I never had a "full" hair length and i think hair just looks better when its not in layers.

anyway, I'm still in twists, blargh, entering week 3. I think i'm gonna keep them in until the end of August or until they're so busted looking they start falling out themselves haha! taking biotin 10kmcg daily still. i am starting to feel some added growth. the roots under my twists in some areas are super puffy. and i have not washed my hair in a while. i hope to have near 2 inches by the end of this period.

then i'm starting to straighten my hair again.

Also, how long would it take (on average) for me to reach this hair length. this was how long my hair was when i met my bf.

This is such a cute picture of you. Your hair looked great too. Hoping for something similar in September when I straighten my hair. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. First time growing out my hair to shoulder length too.

I don't have a fast way. I actually rollerset my hair before I dust. It is the only way I can see how much I'm taking off.

Trying this method next time I dust which is this week actually. I am following the 8 week regimen recommended by komaza. Previously I have taken out 1/2 to 3/4 inch but I think I will try 1/4 to 1/2 this time.

Pure, raw shea butter is my friend. Idk why I never tried it straight before. I buy bulk, mix it with other butters. Shoooot. Tried it this last week and my porous hair soaks it up. I slather it on lightly misted hair reaaaaaly thick before bed. Yes it feels greasy. In the morning my fro feels like satin. Greasy gone. Just....ahhhhhh! Zero build up.

Not a good styler, but it's a moisture retention goddess.

Fantastic. If you have a good styler then you should have no problem throwing it on top of the shea butter and having great results.

Fantastic. If you have a good styler then you should have no problem throwing it on top of the shea butter and having great results.
Thanks!
Working from home today. I am trying Aveda Light Elements which only works on dry hair. Just put it on this morning and put my hair in 8 chunky flat twists. Going out in a few hrs after work. Will see how this does as a styler.

I had a two mishaps in the last month. First, I flatironed my thin crown and never snapped back. I'm telling you we got some 2b waves up there. Not looking good so I decide to do crochet braids with human hair. I also had a good idea to dab a little glue to hold the slippery hair. This is the result.

View attachment 219233

This was cut from the back. I couldn't see the back and I glued by hair. Never. Ever again. Can't even blame my daughter this time. Been trying to get the glue out since last weekend so I gave up and snipped.

I'm still growing good. I'm past CBL so I'm thinking that with no mishaps, I should make SL by December.

OOOOHHHH!!!! I should give you pow pows for putting glue in your head!!! :spank:

So I finally washed my dirty matted up hair last night. My scalp is THANKING ME!!!! lol

Lost minimal hair though so that was good considering. Gotta love that Aussie Moist son!

My dads wife hasnt seen me since my hair was a lot shorter so when she saw me yesterday she was a bit in shock. She was trying to get my hair growth secrets saying I'm holding back lol. She needed to go to CVS to pick up some witch hazel so I pointed out everything I use for my hair. She seriously looked at me like this :brucelee: GIVE ME THE REAL SECRET NOW!!!

hey ladies! not too much has been going on. i have been wearing my hair pulled back. my new growth is starting to kick in. i have been trimming my hair because i am just scissor happy. i don't think i am going to stretch too long. i will be 9 weeks Saturday, i may do another week or 2. i am still experiencing postpartum shedding. i plan on doing something to my hair today. i am going to wash and deep condition.

Hey ladies nothing new over here either. I've been continuing doing twist outs as suggested by Komaza. However I re twisted last night using gel but it didn't completely take the frizz out. Any suggestions? The first 3 are from yesterday morning when I took my twist down after applying a LI and coconut oil and slept overnight. But the last pics are of today. I re twisted using gel but it didn't help tame my frizzy problem area my crown! :-(

ForumRunner_20130730_081929.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_081941.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_081953.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_082008.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_082023.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow think your hair looks great. I can show you frizzy twistout if you want. Just wait until i get the pictures from my phone. I wish my twist outs were as defined and well behaved.

Last edited:
HairPleezeGrow think your hair looks great. I can show you frizzy twistout if you want. Just until i get the pictures from my phone. I wish my twist outs were as defined and well behaved.

Haha yes please share. I love to see y'all pics. Mine are defined but my crown is frizzy and I need some tips on what to use to help that part.

HPG

Hey ladies nothing new over here either. I've been continuing doing twist outs as suggested by Komaza. However I re twisted last night using gel but it didn't completely take the frizz out. Any suggestions? The first 3 are from yesterday morning when I took my twist down after applying a LI and coconut oil and slept overnight. But the last pics are of today. I re twisted using gel but it didn't help tame my frizzy problem area my crown! :-(

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

I dont see no frizz :look: lol. Besides, frizz is what makes it look like real hair. Maybe you could just dampen your finger and twist those parts before you go out

JS

Ummm really! ?! Ladies? If y'all don't get in here and give me some advice on my frizz that I see!!!

HPG

nothing new going on. seriously bored of my twists already. i have another month or so before i consider taking them out. taking biotin daily.

i have noticed about a good half inch of nappy hair under my twists. idk if that's new growth or a loosening twist. how can i tell?

nothing new going on. seriously bored of my twists already. i have another month or so before i consider taking them out. taking biotin daily.

i have noticed about a good half inch of nappy hair under my twists. idk if that's new growth or a loosening twist. how can i tell?

Your new growth will be softer and not as dry since it's closer to your scalp. Also do you know how much length you normally get per month? If you had grays like me it would be easier for you to tell lol. I hendigo so it turns my grays a coppery kind of blonde so when my hair grows out I can tell. You can also take one down in the back to see.

HPG

Your new growth will be softer and not as dry since it's closer to your scalp. Also do you know how much length you normally get per month? If you had grays like me it would be easier for you to tell lol. I hendigo so it turns my grays a coppery kind of blonde so when my hair grows out I can tell. You can also take one down in the back to see.

HPG

Okay, then this is definitely new growth i'm feeling. i have about a quarter of an inch in most places and close to half in others. it's only been two weeks as well!! yay biotin!

i may take one down in the back but i won't know how to put it back in a twist.

Ummm really! ?! Ladies? If y'all don't get in here and give me some advice on my frizz that I see!!!

HPG

ELASTASA QP Olive oil and mango cream works really well on my DD's hair. It works best on dry clean hair. When I use it on damp clean hair, it does not stay tight like I want it to. I use a heavy finger dip worth on each twist and smooth all the way down each section as I part (not on the whole head at once), then twist the two strands as I cross them over each other. Hope that makes sense and helps.

ELASTASA QP Olive oil and mango cream works really well on my DD's hair. It works best on dry clean hair. When I use it on damp clean hair, it does not stay tight like I want it to. I use a heavy finger dip worth on each twist and smooth all the way down each section as I part (not on the whole head at once), then twist the two strands as I cross them over each other. Hope that makes sense and helps.

I'm going to have to try this. Is it sold at like walgreens or Walmart? Or do i have to go to BSS? Thnx Jobwright!

HPG

HPG

Is your hair color treated?

Back