SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Hey yall! Just Bantu knotting it out right now. Wont be able to post pics for a while. I am doing good tho. In two weeks I'm putting crochets in again. Dont know if I will do it or get someone else to do it. I'm not trimming again until September to see if that will help me retain some length and trigger some growth at the same time. Still using Njoys growth oil. When I'm finished with those I may not purchase them again mainly because I want to try liquid gold and revisit hair trigger but try the featherweight version. My regimen has been: wet my hair with tea, apply oil, apply DC then let that sit for however long I choose; detangle under running water, wash/cowash, acv rinse, leave in, oil, cream, and maybe oil, pomade, or butter. This is the best regimen ever for me. I love it soo much that I may wear wigs again just so I can continue to do this 2x/week without causing my crochets to start looking crazy!

Loving giving the PS a break this week (and maybe next). Its grown so a little easier to deal with. Right now, it's in a regular old shrunken puff. Cant do this much for SSK, but it's just for today. Will twist it out for work tomorrow.

Will do my length check and post that tonight.

Applied my NJoy oil and dcing with HQ honey pineapple under a plastic cap. Will cowash with Carols Daughters Tui moisturizing con I just got in the mail Friday. Will more than likely apply HH marshmallow LI and seal with NGs pumpkin seed butter and either bantu knot out or twistout.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

so I decided to torture myself and pull out my measuring tape. I've got five inches to get to SL. Looks like I'll definitely be here thru December.

I want to straighten my hair but I'm being lazy. I miss the days when I was younger and all my friends older sisters always wanted to straighten and style my hair...

Now I try to get them to do my hair and they want money! Jerks o_o

Alright. Here it is. First, fully shrunk. Then the pull test. NL for sure. The crown is about 2.5 " from the nape :ohwell: will be in this challenge a while!

ForumRunner_20130723_163510.jpg

ForumRunner_20130723_163528.jpg
Pardon the messed up skin about 4 days from my TOM. Always messes me up. Ugh!

Alright. Here it is. First, fully shrunk. Then the pull test. NL for sure. The crown is about 2.5 " from the nape :ohwell: will be in this challenge a while!

Pardon the messed up skin about 4 days from my TOM. Always messes me up. Ugh!

Girl you makin' good progress!! Them crochet braids is da truff! Lol!!

Seeing how my hair comes out with pin curls in the morning. I used a little tea spritz to barely moisten the tips as my ends curl back on themselves, always making styling a challenge.

Then Elasta QP gel on the ends to make sure they don't roll back up towards the scalp. Love this gel--so far the only one I've found that actually holds this difficult to lay 4c mess.

Single-strand twisted each piece of hair around my finger then bobbi pinned the curl.

My mom used to do this for me as a natural as a child--but with tons more pincurls. I only made 8 :) Hope I get a good stretch out of this. That's really all I want.

Seeing how my hair comes out with pin curls in the morning. I used a little tea spritz to barely moisten the tips as my ends curl back on themselves, always making styling a challenge.

Then Elasta QP gel on the ends to make sure they don't roll back up towards the scalp. Love this gel--so far the only one I've found that actually holds this difficult to lay 4c mess.

Single-strand twisted each piece of hair around my finger then bobbi pinned the curl.

My mom used to do this for me as a natural as a child--but with tons more pincurls. I only made 8 :) Hope I get a good stretch out of this. That's really all I want.

This is what I do to my texturized hair most nights between washings. It gives me nice, big, bouncy curls with some texture.

OAN: I have been moisturizing with aloe vera gel and sealing with HBCO. That AVG closes the cuticle and smooths my hair like nobody's business. It stays moist for days and gently slicks my hair back better than any gel I've ever seen!!

Gah!

So a first--my highly porous hair was NOT dry this morning. I blame the gel. So what I ended up with is a nicely uniformed poof. Lol. I like it though....

My hair usually dries so fast, the top is bone dry before im done styling the back! Like 15 mins...

Will try again earlier tonight and just mist to reactivate the old gel and not add any more.

This is what I do to my texturized hair most nights between washings. It gives me nice, big, bouncy curls with some texture.

OAN: I have been moisturizing with aloe vera gel and sealing with HBCO. That AVG closes the cuticle and smooths my hair like nobody's business. It stays moist for days and gently slicks my hair back better than any gel I've ever seen!!

what brand do you use for the AVG?

So I didn't know what to do with my hair so I washed my scalp with CD tui sulfate free poo and conditioned with CD tui con (I already did a review in the CD thread for $3 that was started). When I rinsed I left some of the con in. I then applied lime oil and then smoothed down eco styler gel argon oil kind. I diffused my wNg bc I have to be up early so no time to air dry.

ForumRunner_20130724_220736.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_220748.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_220803.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Ok so the weave is out last week and I've done a slight dusting.. I will be getting a relaxer Sunday. As of now my hair is right on top of my shoulders , hopefully by October-ish all including my bangs should be at least a definite NL and my back SL

image-1581397872.jpg

*crosses fingers*

What are yall in here doing? Because I'm about to cut my hair a lil more tonight lol. But it's in an effort to shape my hair more and be able to just lay it down at night as opposed to the rollers and irons. I'll just aim to be full-blunt-SL by 2014.

Why do my bangs grow straight up? Pull test says they should hang just to the bridge of my nose. THey say, no ma'am, that's 6" straight into the air:spinning:! They embarrass me saluting anyone in eye-shot. :rolleyes:

Just trimmed my hair back to just below neck length. I believe I will achieve SL by the end of the year still though...

Lol I would start a no cutting challenge but lord knows I'd be MIA in that too much lol.

I've gone years with out cutting, snd, or trimming before. I dont think its a terrible practice when you take care of your hair the way we ladies do. But there are those who have to trim or will experience a MAJOR set back.

I honestly think that's what helps me the most. The fact that I rarely have to cute or trim

I neeed that split ender...pronto!!! But I cant order till friday :fuming mad: Ive just been sealing my splits really well w/o even knowing!!

Anybody know an easy quick way to dust?

I neeed that split ender...pronto!!! But I cant order till friday :fuming mad: Ive just been sealing my splits really well w/o even knowing!!

Well at this this length I havent attempted a dusting but when I would I would just take a section of hair, twirl it to the end and snip off the tip.

When my hair got way longer I would just flip my head upside down and twist the whole head of hair and snip the tip... I'm lazy. I only did s&d when I was super bored

I like to take freshly washed and detangled hair, section off and braid or twist into smaller sections. Then trim the ends 1/8 of an inch or more if needed. I do it over the sink so I see what's been cut off.

I don't have a fast way. I actually rollerset my hair before I dust. It is the only way I can see how much I'm taking off.

yeeeeah, i'm gonna be in here for a while. i want full SL over everything else right now. I never had a "full" hair length and i think hair just looks better when its not in layers.

anyway, I'm still in twists, blargh, entering week 3. I think i'm gonna keep them in until the end of August or until they're so busted looking they start falling out themselves haha! taking biotin 10kmcg daily still. i am starting to feel some added growth. the roots under my twists in some areas are super puffy. and i have not washed my hair in a while. i hope to have near 2 inches by the end of this period.

then i'm starting to straighten my hair again.

Also, how long would it take (on average) for me to reach this hair length. this was how long my hair was when i met my bf.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back