SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

It's just your hair. If you don't blow it dry first, it is pretty difficult to get that hair to wrap in the braid perfectly. You will just have to be vigilant and keep the ends moisturized and sealed. When you take the braids out you will need to dust your ends.

Your hair looks cute.

I agree with faith naija24. They look really good otherwise. try taking a little oil to the ends sticking out an push them into the twist with the rounded end of a hairpin. I've done that in the past. Definitely have your hair lightly blown first the next time around. faithVA I usually take castor oil to kind of seal off my twists and twirl the ends with my fingers. Especially if the ends are still a little damp the oil helps to clump together.

itismehmmkay I HATE YOU!!!! When my hair was that length that's exactly what I wanted my hair to do and it would never do that! I always looked like a troll doll or something!!! Maybe because it wasnt cut into a style :(

I love that look on you girl. Its the bid-ness. If it wasnt for the fact that I know I cant accomplish that style, you would have me ready to start chopping!!!

I think the only way my hair would do that is if cut into that style and relaxed. Natural, my hair doesnt listen to me or anyone for that matter

I will def be here faithVA. Esp since I can't seem to part with my shears. :ohwell:

Man...im really loving this HBCO. It has my hair feeling thick and nurtured and healthy. It makes a good scalp oil and sealant. I feel a light coating but its not weighed down at all. Its so full of body and bounce. I think my high porosity hair loves it

argh!

I miss my TWA! I wanna run my fingers through her, love her with some Ayuvedics and fill her with tea and ceramides.

I'm so about to rip these crochet weave thinggies out my hair now at my work desk! :swearing: :lol:

I might just do it tonight and wear a phony bun the rest of the week until I have time to indigo. Might not be a bad idea since she's been in crochets going on 2 months and another install is going right back in this weekend for a party. :look:

I will def be here faithVA. Esp since I can't seem to part with my shears. :ohwell:

Me and you are >>>>> <<<<<

itismehmmkay I HATE YOU!!!! When my hair was that length that's exactly what I wanted my hair to do and it would never do that! I always looked like a troll doll or something!!! Maybe because it wasnt cut into a style :(

I love that look on you girl. Its the bid-ness. If it wasnt for the fact that I know I cant accomplish that style, you would have me ready to start chopping!!!

I think the only way my hair would do that is if cut into that style and relaxed. Natural, my hair doesnt listen to me or anyone for that matter

Definitely for me too. And yes, having your hair actually shaped in a style does wonders. Just that random cutting I did to my bangs has made a difference. Okay so I called the stylist who had done my hair once before. It's at a Walmart by me, so she's working on Sunday and I'll get it down then. She's off today, but will be back tomorrow. I'm going to stop by after work and ask her if she can style my hair w/ it already straight like it is. Just put some curls in it. If she says yes, it's on. I really hope she only charges like $20-$25 for styling since it's no washing/molding/etc. If so, I can probably keep something like that up. Just do my own retouches and washing still and have her style it. Especially if it's something I can maintain for 2wks??? that would be perfect.

Come to think of it, I'll prolly be here some of 2014 too. My crown is so difficult to retain (super fine and extra 4zz and fragile). I dont want to move on until my crown is at least full NL. The rest will probably be bet SL and APL (hopefully) by Spring (if I can put the shears down and not dust sooooo deep).

Unlike some little birds :look: who refuse to leave the nest *cough* Mz.MoMo5235 *cough* the rest of us are forced to stay here :duck: :lol:

Come to think of it, I'll prolly be here some of 2014 too. My crown is so difficult to retain (super fine and extra 4zz and fragile). I dont want to move on until my crown is at least full NL. The rest will probably be bet SL and APL (hopefully) by Spring (if I can put the shears down and not dust sooooo deep).

Unlike some little birds :look: who refuse to leave the nest *cough* Mz.MoMo5235 *cough* the rest of us are forced to stay here :duck: :lol:

DarkJoy
Girly we are definitely going to be hair buddies. My crown is difficult to manage too. I really can't stretch that area. In fact, in the past, my setbacks had to do with breakage in the crown area and cutting all of my hair to catch up.

I want the same thing....the crown to be full NL...crown and bangs. Really, that's the only cut I realy want. Even if I don't rock long down to my butt hair, I do want to have a blunt cut NL bob. Meaning everything is to my neck and thick and blunt. even my edges :look:

Man...im really loving this HBCO. It has my hair feeling thick and nurtured and healthy. It makes a good scalp oil and sealant. I feel a light coating but its not weighed down at all. Its so full of body and bounce. I think my high porosity hair loves it

what's HBCO?

DarkJoy
Girly we are definitely going to be hair buddies. My crown is difficult to manage too. I really can't stretch that area. In fact, in the past, my setbacks had to do with breakage in the crown area and cutting all of my hair to catch up.

I want the same thing....the crown to be full NL...crown and bangs. Really, that's the only cut I realy want. Even if I don't rock long down to my butt hair, I do want to have a blunt cut NL bob. Meaning everything is to my neck and thick and blunt. even my edges :look:

I'm the exact opposite of you both. My nape is the worst. Every time I've had a setback, its always in the nape. Everywhere else is longer.

Unlike some little birds :look: who refuse to leave the nest *cough* @Mz.MoMo5235 *cough* the rest of us are forced to stay here :duck: :lol:

DarkJoy I'm not leaving til I'm good and ready!!!!

Hello everyone. DarkJoy weave is out after 6 weeks. The blue shirt is before, the shoulder shot is after. I didn't relax, I'm 7 weeks post.

Im almost shoulder length i guess. My hair grew a lot because Ive been taking vitamins every night. Viviscal, prenatals, and biotin. But there is still the breakage chunk in the back/crown, it hasn't caught up, it's about three inches shorter :( Just makes my hair look thin. My plan is to stretch my relaxer, in a few weeks Im going to get it braided and wig it for 6 weeks. Hopefully that will help it fill in. Xoxo

Attachments

• image-2322802347.jpg
    image-2322802347.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-2257088959.jpg
    image-2257088959.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 28
Ohh yeah!! trixie
I can see the growth really well. You're doing well. Its so hard for me to stay consistent with supplements and drinking enough water. I recently had an episode of...constipation :blush: I haven't taken any vitamins since then.

Anyway, congrats on your recent growth. Lookin good, Girlie!!

Ohh yeah!! trixie
I can see the growth really well. You're doing well. Its so hard for me to stay consistent with supplements and drinking enough water. I recently had an episode of...constipation :blush: I haven't taken any vitamins since then.

Anyway, congrats on your recent growth. Lookin good, Girlie!!

Yea i take them at night in one swoop. I kno they absorb better if you take them with food but considering most of my meals are snacks on the subway, i cant manage much else. Im with you on the water. I bought a bunch of vitamin water and put it in my fridge. Maybe that will help. One vitamin i love (fish oil) made my stomach go crazy so i cut it out. I feel you luv! We can encourage each other on the water.

Finally took out those damn crochets! Wootwoot! I twisted to stretch after a wash, protein and DC.

Gained an inch in the 2 months of near constant installs (install for 2 weeks, then wash, protein, dc, re-install). I am henna'd and the grey new growth tells all :rolleyes:. This brings it almost to where I was before I went scissor happy to remove box color damage left after the BC--just couldnt do a fade.

It was gonna be all about the phony bun the rest of the week, but after taking out the twists, I was like DANG this looks GOOD :lachen:. So wearing it in full glory to work with a head band.

The clear coworkers just think I let my hair shrink up :rofl: They are always all up in my hair!

Finally took out those damn crochets! Wootwoot! I twisted to stretch after a wash, protein and DC.

Gained an inch in the 2 months of near constant installs (install for 2 weeks, then wash, protein, dc, re-install). I am henna'd and the grey new growth tells all :rolleyes:. This brings it almost to where I was before I went scissor happy to remove box color damage left after the BC--just couldnt do a fade.

It was gonna be all about the phony bun the rest of the week, but after taking out the twists, I was like DANG this looks GOOD :lachen:. So wearing it in full glory to work with a head band.

The clear coworkers just think I let my hair shrink up :rofl: They are always all up in my hair!

Lol girl you better rock that hur! :-)

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Are you taking liquid fish oil or the pills? I'm taking the liquid and it kills a piece of me every time I take some lol

Girl the pills! My dermatologist recommended fish oil and flaxseed actually for my skin. I couldnt handle the fish! But u r better than me. Im sure your hair will be shiny :)

A little better progress picks. The last one was so dark i think it could be misinterpreted lol. This is june 7 (sew in) to today. DarkJoy and mshoneyfly -- blue is before white is after

Attachments

• image-2632406509.jpg
    image-2632406509.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image-1863283035.jpg
    image-1863283035.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 18
Hello everyone. DarkJoy weave is out after 6 weeks. The blue shirt is before, the shoulder shot is after. I didn't relax, I'm 7 weeks post.

Im almost shoulder length i guess. My hair grew a lot because Ive been taking vitamins every night. Viviscal, prenatals, and biotin. But there is still the breakage chunk in the back/crown, it hasn't caught up, it's about three inches shorter :( Just makes my hair look thin. My plan is to stretch my relaxer, in a few weeks Im going to get it braided and wig it for 6 weeks. Hopefully that will help it fill in. Xoxo

Great growth, retention and progress. :yep:

A little better progress picks. The last one was so dark i think it could be misinterpreted lol. This is june 7 (sew in) to today. @DarkJoy and @mshoneyfly -- blue is before white is after
Trixie58--definate progress! Our hair is exactly the same length (when my 'fro is stretched). I'm not seeing your crown issue though. Maybe cuz it's relaxed? Looks all the same length to me. In any case, it looks geat!

Trixie58--definate progress! Our hair is exactly the same length (when my 'fro is stretched). I'm not seeing your crown issue though. Maybe cuz it's relaxed? Looks all the same length to me. In any case, it looks geat!

Ohhhh its there. I have breakage everywhere but it's hidden. All throughout there are pieces 3 inches shorter than the ends. In March when it first happened, the pieces were actually down to the line of demarcation and my hair was APL! with the cut to NL and some time it has improved, but I'm guessing that in 6 months ill cut it again unless the breakage "catches up" enough that don't need to! We shall see :) :) i like this length DarkJoy! For the summer especially.

Okay so I cowashed with Wen GP and then pre poo'd with lime oil for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. I then dc'd with HQ the slip and it was amazing! I applied HH marshmallow after cowashing out all the oil and dc. I wanted to roller set so I could do a bantu knot out but I suck at roller setting and ended up flat ironing my hair. I have it wrapped now and will see how it looks in the morning when I unwrap.

HPG

:scratchch oooo HairPleezeGrow... please tell us about this lime oil. Where you got it and what it do? :look: TIA

#DJalwayslookingforanewmixtressingredient :rolleyes:

No problem ma'am. I got it from HQ (hydroquench systems) and it's coconut lime oil I got along with coconut mango oil, pineapple lime oil, coconut strawberry lime oil and I think one more but I don't remember the name of it. Any who I got them a while back when she had a sale and was just using to seal but decided I would try it as a pre poo and it was pretty gr8. It left my hair feeling moisturized and not greasy feeling. I really love her dcs they are thebomb.com and then some. I think the website if hydroquenchsystems.com there's a thread on her products and a lot of ladies love her stuff if you can get past the shipping lol.

HPG

Back