SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Hey yall! So I just semi-wrapped my hair last night and didn't use rollers. It really is trained just to hug my head and looks great w/ a lil headband.

So this weekend when I wash my hair, I'm repeating the CON shampoo, deep condition under the dryer w/ Replenish pak, Cantu as leave-in, then Mold wrap with Nairobi, sit under dryer, then swipe with Chi iron. Then just wrap at night :)

My hair does last longer w/o the rollers. It's just a matter of making sure the volume stays there. Oh and I'll still use curl wax on the edges :) yay!

So I have no clue what length I'm at though right now I'm not stressing it. Just letting my hair do it's thing and ignoring it.

20130712_121034-1.jpg

20130712_120703-1.jpg

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

washing my hair and giving myself a really nice deep condition today. i've been neglecting my hair for a few days because I've been so busy.

also, I think if use braids for the remainder of the year I'll easily hit SL by December/January. Crossing my fingers. I"m going back to Biotin 10kmg because short hair is so yesterday for me right now.

Avoiding relaxers like the plague as well.

Girl don't let them kick you out if you not ready to go lol. They tried that ish on me and I said no no, I'm supposed to be here! :-)

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Man all im reading is ppl tryna give some da boot cuz their luscious hair graduated lol lolol. Ive been soo busy im overdue by a few days to wash my hair. Im DYING to wash it. Thank goodness I bought that avocado the other day. Tmrw im gonna a nice prepoo wth avocado honey and olive oil and do a nice long DC. Florida heat is no joke, I dont want it drying out my hair

Man all im reading is ppl tryna give some da boot cuz their luscious hair graduated lol lolol. Ive been soo busy im overdue by a few days to wash my hair. Im DYING to wash it. Thank goodness I bought that avocado the other day. Tmrw im gonna a nice prepoo wth avocado honey and olive oil and do a nice long DC. Florida heat is no joke, I dont want it drying out my hair

You using straight up pureed avocado? What's that do for your hair? TIA

You using straight up pureed avocado? What's that do for your hair? TIA

They help restore shine and luster to dry hair bc avocados are high in vitamins & minerals, fatty acids. Plus they help condition the scalp.

HPG

Rollerset on dry hair. Need to dust my ends and this is the best way to do it. Will let it dry for 2 hours and then clip. I was supposed to wash today but don't see that happening :lol: I'm already tired of doing my hair.

Dusted my ends about 1/4 to 1/2". Washed with Hair One Olive Oil, Protein Treatment with Giovanni Nutrafix, Green tea tea rinse, Oiled scalped with dilute NJoy Growth Oil and doing an overnight DC with As I Am Hydrating Conditioner.

Thinking again about making a faux bun. Feeling this look
0b83f062c90b5c517628c901b6065dc6.jpg

DarkJoy, yea I spoke to the salon and they insist that the only hair that came out was the synthetic hair. I pulled out the burnt synthetic piece, but before I saw your post on how to do it, so I am sure I took out a little of my own hair. So, I spoke to my regular stylist and went in and had him look at the braid and he saw no damage, so I am going to try not to worry about it. I figured having my weave done at a salon was fool proof because it's not my hair anyway. But I guess I was wrong! If you've seen any of my other posts I am hair challenged and generally visit the salon anytime I have an event, date, or otherwise. But you are right something has got to give. I have been doing the best I can to moisturize and keep my scalp moist with the weave but I think it will come out soon.

They help restore shine and luster to dry hair bc avocados are high in vitamins & minerals, fatty acids. Plus they help condition the scalp.
I read this earlier and of course as I was out grocery shopping, grabbed an avocado for this purpose :rolleyes::lol: can't wait til it's soft enough to try! Thanks!

@DarkJoy, yea I spoke to the salon and they insist that the only hair that came out was the synthetic hair. I pulled out the burnt synthetic piece, but before I saw your post on how to do it, so I am sure I took out a little of my own hair. So, I spoke to my regular stylist and went in and had him look at the braid and he saw no damage, so I am going to try not to worry about it. I figured having my weave done at a salon was fool proof because it's not my hair anyway. But I guess I was wrong! If you've seen any of my other posts I am hair challenged and generally visit the salon anytime I have an event, date, or otherwise. But you are right something has got to give. I have been doing the best I can to moisturize and keep my scalp moist with the weave but I think it will come out soon.
Salons be like trippin with hair cutting and damaging. They're not in the business to keep your hair healthy. Damaged hair is great for them--it keeps you going back for more and more expensive treatments and styles, weaves to hide damage, etc! :nono:... yes, keeping the scalp and your tracks moisturized and sealed is key to a successful install. Technically, I have crochet braids but its really kinda the same thing. Glad to hear it's not a setback. :yep:

My twists are now back in. I had to put my little afro puff away. I'll keep these in at least a month. I took length check pictures. I'm pleased. Before I put in my last set if twists, I cut about 2 inches of bad ends. I couldn't even put my hair in a ponytail. After I took my twists out this time, I wore a phony pony a few times since I was finally able to gather all my hair for a ponytail. Yay.

I'm still getting my micros put in. I made sure to do a good dc and apply leave in b4 she started so my hair is moisturized during the process.

HPG

Back