SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Dusted my ends about 1/4 to 1/2". Washed with Hair One Olive Oil, Protein Treatment with Giovanni Nutrafix, Green tea tea rinse, Oiled scalped with dilute NJoy Growth Oil and doing an overnight DC with As I Am Hydrating Conditioner.

I love that stuff!

Who thinks they will be here until December? I have some strands grazing SL but most of my strands are just hitting my nape. I will be here until December.

^^ I definitely will be in here through December. My realistic goal of getting back to my avatar pic is 2/2014

Sorry, I've been lurking only. I need to post more often .

Who thinks they will be here until December? I have some strands grazing SL but most of my strands are just hitting my nape. I will be here until December.

i know i will be here. i'm not putting any crazy pressure on myself. i barely wanna do my hair! the only reason do anything to my hair is due to the fact that i like the feeling of water on my scalp, and i like to play in products.

I hope to be full SL by December, myself. I think if I keep using HBCO :lick: to thicken my edges and nape, I will get there and it'll be easier to see.

LC coming soon...I swear!

Thinking again about making a faux bun. Feeling this look
0b83f062c90b5c517628c901b6065dc6.jpg

I love this?!?!?!? How are you going to make it?

^^^ no idea! I was thinking of threading some hair in the middle and going from there but I've never weaves myself before.

But it may be a mite point cause I just cut all over my head. Like over an inch everywhere. Idk why. It was mostly that I was tired of the headband. Then tired of my bangs looking crazy. I started in the front to put some blunt healthier looking ends Then I ended up doing the blunt thing all over. The thought is that if I just wear my hair straight then I can get away with no rollers/curl b/c of the blunt choppy ends. I'm about to tie it back in a min so I can lay my edges down. Then before bed may play with some looks.

I was having one of those growth journey vs style moments.

I think I'll be here! I decided that I rather chase after a full SL than an all over the place APL or whatever. I think full lengths are sexier anyway. Really looking forward to being have to have even and full ponytails!

So that's my goal! I'm happy to be in good company, too!

Know what I just thought about! I did my length check with just two section of hair. But I'm sure my crown isnt SL.

So while I will partake in the other challenges, I think I still need to be here to support the rest of my head :D This makes complete sense to me

Hair buddy!!! :-) What are you doing to retain your growth? I know I can hit cbl by December. What's your goal?

:grin: my goal was to hit cbl by the Oct check-in, but I had a major setback in May. I'm hoping for December though! Moisture = retained inches for me I 've learned. I'm using ceramide-rich oils, pre-poos and tea rinses. What are you doing to retain?

Since there are quite a few of us that will be hanging around let's see if we can keep this thread humming and keep ourselves motivated, optimistic and excited for the next 5 months. We can do this ladies :yep:

My twist aren't attractive, but they are at least at a stage where I can put band them back and leave them alone. I'm still working on my regimen but I have a good basis that at least won't hurt my hair. It just needs to be optimized. Now I need to figure out a way to keep my scalp hydrated midweek with little impact on my hair. I trimmed my ends this weekend and did a protein treatment so they are straight for at least another 6 weeks.

For now I will
...shampoo 1x to 2x a month
...will cowash on weeks I don't shampoo
...tea rinse
...DC (looking forward to trying some new ones)
...LOCC method I think works for me.
...Daily scalp treatment of either oil or scalp cream

Soooo the person doing my micros flaked on me...so I don't even know when I will be getting them! Oh well more time for me to mess with my own hair and play with some styles.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

now that i have braids for the next 3 months, i need some advice.

should i still take biotin? what if my hair gets too thick and starts to loc?
how do i avoid the locing?
how do i keep my hair moisturized?
some of my ends popped up through the twists, but i asked the stylist not to trim it. how do i protect those ends?

some of my ends popped up through the twists, but i asked the stylist not to trim it. how do i protect those ends?

Yes keep taking your supplements as always.

Locing has more to do with shedding hair than thickness. Hair tends to loc as hair sheds and wraps around the other hair. You will have to watch your hair to see what your locing tendency is and how long you can go without it locing to the point where take down is a nightmare.

Keeping your hair moisturized will help. And once you go beyond 6 weeks, come back here before you take your braids out so you can get advice on take down. I see women take their braids out and get in the middle, panic and then want advice. Do your research before you take your braids out.

To protect your ends you have to keep your hair moisturized and sealed like always.

People use various things. But most people use some sort of braid spray or gycerin based spray.

Everyone can't wear extensions for 3 months, so keep an eye on your hair. I can do 6 weeks, max 2 months. Everyone has a different safe limit.

Everything that faithVA says :yep: A good braid spray is African Royale BRX braid spray. It smells good, has glycerin and of good herbs n whatnot. I still use it eve, though I'm not in braids. In regards to your ends that are sticking out, either cut, see if you can tuck them back into the twist or the stylist retwist it. Those ends will fray and you'll have to cut anyway.
Personally, it may be a good idea to redo the twists instead of rocking it out for 3 mos straight...

Last edited:
Everything that faithVA says :yep: A good braid spray is African Royale BRX braid spray. It smells good, has glycerin and of good herbs n whatnot. I still use it eve, though I'm not in braids. In regards to your ends that are sticking out, either cut, see if you can tuck them back into the twist or the stylist retwist it. Those ends will fray and you'll have to cut anyway.
Personally, it may be a good idea to redo the twists instead of rocking it out for 3 mos straight...

I'm just really annoyed. Why would she leave the ends out like that? I highly doubt that my length has anything to do with it. :/ and it's not just a few twists either, it's more than a dozen :/ it's about a half inch left out (the hair I had to trim anyway)

I'm just really annoyed. Why would she leave the ends out like that? I highly doubt that my length has anything to do with it. :/ and it's not just a few twists either, it's more than a dozen :/ it's about a half inch left out (the hair I had to trim anyway)

Did she blow dry your hair first?

Without seeing you hair I can't be for sure if it she did something wrong or it was inevitable. I twist my own hair and no matter what I do I can't get the ends of my hair to stay in the twists. I have to do some crazy teeny twists to get the hair to stay in. But I don't blow dry my hair. And I have tried gels and butters but nothing works.

You can try retwisting one yourself to see if it is the case. If you can get it to stay then she didn't something wrong. If it won't stay then it is just the way your hair curls.

So this is me today. I'll come back and talk about it via my desktop

Attachments

• image-2605078404.jpg
    image-2605078404.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image-2925177926.jpg
    image-2925177926.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 31
So yea. I kinda want this yall
6e0253e161eab9f1a69460f60187c9cc.jpg

This morning my cut bangs and what not didn't really do what I thought it would after laying my hair down. But I laid it back. This morning I laid it forward while getting ready and it was what I wanted. That pic is after walking outside and having my hair blown randomly; it still kinda came back to it's shape.

So tonight I will just lay my hair forward and see what happens tomorow morning. Then this weekend, I'm going to do a lil touchup, then mold my hair, then I want to go to a stylist and have her put some curls in my hair like the link in this post. I've had her do something like that to my hair before and it was cute but at the time felt like too much so I washed it out. But this time I'd like to keep it and just tie it down at night and see what happens. I want something that I can fluff and tossle in the morning. Something cute w/ no rollers involved. And I know the link here her hair in the middle and back is shorter...they are about the same length as her bangs. I'll see if I want mine cut some more after she styles it.

Really yall...I'm leaning more to the grow out my crown and bangs to SL before working on the back of my hair. That is always a struggle decision and why I end up cutting. Really I want a blunt cut and then let it grow out from there. I'm leaning towards tht.

Do you have braids with added hair? In my experience washing often helped with less locing. Even when I had a sew-in, washing at least weekly helped the cornrolls from locing and matting. They'll tell you not to wash so much to preserve the style, but it's at the expense of your own hair. Have you kept them for 3mths before?

Did she blow dry your hair first?

Without seeing you hair I can't be for sure if it she did something wrong or it was inevitable. I twist my own hair and no matter what I do I can't get the ends of my hair to stay in the twists. I have to do some crazy teeny twists to get the hair to stay in. But I don't blow dry my hair. And I have tried gels and butters but nothing works.

You can try retwisting one yourself to see if it is the case. If you can get it to stay then she didn't something wrong. If it won't stay then it is just the way your hair curls.

Yeah, she said it's just my hair itself, but I didn't believe her at the time. But after 8 hours of solid Tyler Perry films and not moving, I was ready to just get out of there. No complaints.

She didn't blow my hair first, no.

Do you have braids with added hair? In my experience washing often helped with less locing. Even when I had a sew-in, washing at least weekly helped the cornrolls from locing and matting. They'll tell you not to wash so much to preserve the style, but it's at the expense of your own hair. Have you kept them for 3mths before?

Yeah, yeah they are twists with extensions!
1069411_10101568408488737_381642354_n.jpg

I plan to wash weekly only because I work out and that would get smelly after a while. i'm doing a mud run on Saturday, so i'll have to do a serious clean session after that.

I have had braids in for 3 months before but it was years ago like in high school. So I know it can be done. I really want to stretch 10 months.

So yea. I kinda want this yall
6e0253e161eab9f1a69460f60187c9cc.jpg

This morning my cut bangs and what not didn't really do what I thought it would after laying my hair down. But I laid it back. This morning I laid it forward while getting ready and it was what I wanted. That pic is after walking outside and having my hair blown randomly; it still kinda came back to it's shape.

So tonight I will just lay my hair forward and see what happens tomorow morning. Then this weekend, I'm going to do a lil touchup, then mold my hair, then I want to go to a stylist and have her put some curls in my hair like the link in this post. I've had her do something like that to my hair before and it was cute but at the time felt like too much so I washed it out. But this time I'd like to keep it and just tie it down at night and see what happens. I want something that I can fluff and tossle in the morning. Something cute w/ no rollers involved. And I know the link here her hair in the middle and back is shorter...they are about the same length as her bangs. I'll see if I want mine cut some more after she styles it.

Really yall...I'm leaning more to the grow out my crown and bangs to SL before working on the back of my hair. That is always a struggle decision and why I end up cutting. Really I want a blunt cut and then let it grow out from there. I'm leaning towards tht.

That is really cute. Styles like that is why I never grew my hair out. So short and sassy :yep:

Yeah, she said it's just my hair itself, but I didn't believe her at the time. But after 8 hours of solid Tyler Perry films and not moving, I was ready to just get out of there. No complaints.

She didn't blow my hair first, no.

It's just your hair. If you don't blow it dry first, it is pretty difficult to get that hair to wrap in the braid perfectly. You will just have to be vigilant and keep the ends moisturized and sealed. When you take the braids out you will need to dust your ends.

Your hair looks cute.

Back