SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Did another hendigo treatment and I posted it in the original fine hair thread if you would like to see the results. I didn't want to have to post the pics in all my threads lol.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Here is my length check. Hopefully I will have some good growth and retention between now and the end of the year.

LengthCheckP1 (553x313).jpg

LengthCheckP3 (65x511).jpg

TwistLengthCheckP3 (386x408).jpg

@faithVA

You look collarbone length to me. :-) Are you waiting for all your hair to reach sl before you call sl?

My nape hair reaches my collarbone when I pull it to the front but the other layers are just reaching parts of my neck. I am waiting for the hair below my crown to reach SL before I claim it. That hair just reaches my nape right now.

[USER=327887 said:
Seamonster[/USER];18679001]@faithVA :band2: :coffee: I am so happy for you. Girl you made, and you hair looks so beautiful.

Aw thank you! I'm not going anywhere. Having 5 strands touching SL is not going to work :lol: When I reach what I consider SL, then I should be able to wear a puff and to do a claw clip bun. Soooo looking forward to it. :yep:

Here is my length check. Hopefully I will have some good growth and retention between now and the end of the year.

Girl your hair is longer than mine. My front layer doesn't even touch the tip of my nose. And my back layer does not reach my collarbone. So you have to be sl straight.
Ok didn't realize we had a length check. Here s my most recent pull check. I only did one for the back.

image-2528708911.jpg

And a close up

image-3165278712.jpg

Girl your hair is longer than mine. My front layer doesn't even touch the tip of my nose. And my back layer does not reach my collarbone. So you have to be sl straight.
Ok didn't realize we had a length check. Here s my most recent pull check. I only did one for the back.

View attachment 216119

And a close up

View attachment 216121

My back layer isn't longer, its a trick :lol: I pulled my hair down in the back like you did in your pic and it's just reaching where my neck touches the start of my back. I need to master taking a picture in the mirror. It is always too dark or I get the glare of the lights in the picture. :perplexed:

faithVA your hair looks good girl!!! All that struggle is finally paying off! I am soo happy for you.

I will try to take pics this weekend and update. My hair is doing well and I think my goal of full SL will make it by January.

faithVA your hair looks good girl!!! All that struggle is finally paying off! I am soo happy for you.

I will try to take pics this weekend and update. My hair is doing well and I think my goal of full SL will make it by January.

Thank You Babygrowth. Yes, Finally! But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will be grinning from ear to ear when I reach SL. :yep:

My back layer isn't longer, its a trick :lol: I pulled my hair down in the back like you did in your pic and it's just reaching where my neck touches the start of my back. I need to master taking a picture in the mirror. It is always too dark or I get the glare of the lights in the picture. :perplexed:

Lol yeah it's a trade off. That back layer is very hard to pull. From seeing your shrinkage I can imagine how hard it would be for you. That section of my hair is almost straight, so it's easy to show the length without much work.
When I pull it to the side, it does not reach collarbone though; closed but not quite.
We are making progress that's what s important. Crossing fingers that our ends keep behaving.

nice length check ladies! i don't have much to check, since i just got my hair cut last month. i won't be checking until Sept.

Wanna do a LC but I wont bc my hair seems so thin. Im seeing length but not thickness.

You don't have to str8en to do a LC. You could just do a pull test. I'm sure you are getting some thickness maybe just not noticing it or seeing it yourself.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

trimmed my ends by 1/2 inch. I don't think I'll reach my SL goal this year. That setback in May really messed my plans up. I'm thinking I need about 5-6 inches for full SL/CBL so we'll see.

Washed with this yesterday:

220.jpg

Love. And feels good to be back w/ CON and also a moisturizing routine like I know what I'm doing. After the shampoo, I deep conditioned for 20...maybe 25 with the Replenishing Pak...under the dryer. Then I put in my Cantu leave-in and did a wet set w/ Nairobi (with a bit of Smooth and shine mousse on my edges; I used to set my whole head with this). Man.....the set was almost perfect. But the added moisture I could tell the difference even in just how smooth it got. So with practice, I know it'll get even smoother. Went over it with a Chi and didn't need curl wax. I'm going to look into trying to wear my hair just wrapped straight and see what's up. I'll just have to practice the wrap.

So yea feeling really good about my hair.

Uh yeah......it looks like I've let this challenge fall off!! I haven't posted anything in here since April!! I've had kinky twists & been out of them for almost 2 months now. I've been just doing whatitdo right now! My hair is now long enough to wear a phony pony so I bought a really curly one because I'm working on my edges so it kinda falls forward a little (pic below). I actually did a length check on Friday not realizing it was length check time but I didn't take any pics. I'll try for pics on my next wash day. The back of my hair falls right at the part where my neck widens to my back so not quite SL yet & my front is just below my nose.

However, since I've started transitioning, my hair is super thick & I love it!! Friday was the 1st time in 3 months that I used heat (since length check on 3/29/13) & I M&S every other day if not daily so my ends looked pretty healthy (w/ the exception of being thin & relaxed). I cut off 1-1/2 inches on 3/29 so didn't have any split ends to trim but I only clipped barely a quarter, of a quarter, of a quarter of an inch just to even a part out.

I wash w/ a sulfate poo weekly & wash w/ a sulfate free poo mid-week because my scalp gets super oily in the summer & I use gel on my pony during the week. I haven't co-washed in a while though because I feel like I don't need to. I now DC once a week instead of twice. As my edges fill out more, I'll try to find different phony ponies to rock until I get some more length to do braid outs. Happy hair growing ladies!!

Attachments

• Hair shot IMG_20130710_084909.jpg
    Hair shot IMG_20130710_084909.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 25
I'm a bit torn and need y'alls assistance.

My last length check was done on hot combed hair that wasn't stick straight.

I need to do another length check for this challenge but I really am just being lazy and not wanting to deal with the hot comb. But I also hate switching up how I do my length checks because I feel it gives me false growth rate. So I could just do a wet length check or pull a section of hair down. But I feel like it's cheating if I didn't start that way lol does that even make any sense?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I'm a bit torn and need y'alls assistance.

My last length check was done on hot combed hair that wasn't stick straight.

I need to do another length check for this challenge but I really am just being lazy and not wanting to deal with the hot comb. But I also hate switching up how I do my length checks because I feel it gives me false growth rate. So I could just do a wet length check or pull a section of hair down. But I feel like it's cheating if I didn't start that way lol does that even make any sense?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I say don't take it so seriously. It doesn't change anything no matter how you do it. Although nice, I think straightening the hair only for a length check is too much.

Just do it wet or pull it down. And if you want to straighten your hair for the final one then do that.

going to flat iron my hair today. washed it earlier an i air dried. hair feels fluffy and soft. i need this PP shedding to easy up.

Hi Ladies,

I used Shea Moisture purification masque to DC on saturday and my hair is still moist, bouncy, soft and shiny!! It was on sale at walgreens.com 3/$19.98 and BABY I stocked up!!

I pin curled my air dried hair and it looks like a roller set!

image-536856217.jpg

image-3481220999.jpg

Just past 1/2 way check in

6eww.jpg

g33t.jpg

Think I had a mini set back last month. I asked a friend to do my cornrows instead of just doing it myself and she found my hair really difficult. I may have made things more shrinkag-ey by putting a product with glycerine in before the braiding.:look: Ended up having to manipulate by combing a LOT more than I usually do and probably didnt retain my last months progress.:perplexed

Top of my hair is still taking a while. Its at the bottom of my ear whilst the rest is neck, or shoulder.

Mandatory positive my hairs NEVER been this long before :). Need to keep positive.

Back