SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Weave wearers: Went to a dominican salon today with my weave to get it washed. I had one track come unbraided at the end and was sticking out. I told the stylist to fix it but bc of the language barrier she FLAT IRONED it, meaning that the synthetic hair that was braided in with my regular hair melted. I of course just pulled it out since it was just a crispy black piece of wax. But im of course concerned i took my real hair with it. I really cant tell. Has this happened to anyone else? This is a part of weaves i didn't understand till today!

So this country life maxi hair is HUGE. I don't know if I will repurchase. I will finish these 2 bottles, and unless I get amazing results I will go back to my multivitamins. Gotta stay on top of my anti shedding treatments too (tea rinsing, shi naturals garlic DC).

I had some shedding when I took out my cornrows today. I am a little concerned about it. I am hoping when I wash later on today that I don't experience anymore shedding. I don't think it's excessive considering my hair was in the same braids for the past two weeks. I know I am a bit anxious because excessive shedding led me to my setback of 2012

Weave wearers: Went to a dominican salon today with my weave to get it washed. I had one track come unbraided at the end and was sticking out. I told the stylist to fix it but bc of the language barrier she FLAT IRONED it, meaning that the synthetic hair that was braided in with my regular hair melted. I of course just pulled it out since it was just a crispy black piece of wax. But im of course concerned i took my real hair with it. I really cant tell. Has this happened to anyone else? This is a part of weaves i didn't understand till today!
Sorry you're having this trouble Trixie58!

Though I wonder why you would go to the salon to just wash a weave. Chile, you know on LHCF all kinds of cray come from the simplest tasks at the salon! :lachen:

The stylist should have known that most synthetics melt with heat. How dumb. Did you request a refund or partial refund?!?

If your hair looks chewed up in the area, then yea it burned off. If there's bits of melty pieces in it you should be able to remove it by drenching your hair in a liquid oil (not butter) and sliding the bits down the shaft--gently.

My hair this weekend. Last picture was taken when I got back home from the club. My hair poofed all the way up from sweating my a$$ off, lol. But it felt so Danm moist I couldn't get mad.

image-4188991555.jpg

image-3324022625.jpg

image-609083120.jpg

image-382472431.jpg

Yeah I changed the accessory right before leaving.

i got another lazy go to style. i have enough hair to pull back into a ghetto little ponytail. i can just use my satin scrunchie and place my bun hair net cover over it to make it look neat.

furious.

my ends are in need of a good 1/2 inch trim. not happy. you know how much length that is on my short hair? :(

i'm gonna get my friend to trim it because she's not scissor happy, but i'm still pretty upset.

furious.

my ends are in need of a good 1/2 inch trim. not happy. you know how much length that is on my short hair? :(

i'm gonna get my friend to trim it because she's not scissor happy, but i'm still pretty upset.

what's going on for you needing that much off? i know you are upset, but i think your hair will take off afterwards.

shortdub78 i'm not sure either. My ends just look and feel rough. I think because I work out every weekday and I'll start swimming lessons this weekend, I just don't know how to protect my ends.

I'm not getting braids until the fall and my hair is still too short to cornrow around my head. :(

Im so close to full NL I can smell it. I can't afford a setback.

shortdub78 i'm not sure either. My ends just look and feel rough. I think because I work out every weekday and I'll start swimming lessons this weekend, I just don't know how to protect my ends.

I'm not getting braids until the fall and my hair is still too short to cornrow around my head. :(

Im so close to full NL I can smell it. I can't afford a setback.

how are you wearing your hair? have you tried wearing some type of wrap that will help avoid or reduce sweating your edges out? do you wrap your hair up when you are working out? i posted a link to a swim cap that prevents water from getting in. pm Nonie and she can give you the info.

http://saveyourdo.com/

i will admit that i am not serious when it comes to working out, but i would strategically plan my workout days around my hair. like i would do cardio 2-3 times a week and plan my hair wash days around that.

or i would just get braids or cornrows and go hard.

i sweat really bad, so i would consider going natural too.

i would wash my hair, air dry, moisturize&seal and put on a satin cap and wear a wig. until i can get my hair braided.

I just wear my hair out. I was hoping to reach full neck length before I started rocking braids or mini braids. i wanted to get braids in October and wear it through the winter and next spring (PRAYING for APL by fall 2014).

I sweat in between my boobs and between my shoulders right under my neck. So it's not horrible but it's not pleasant.

Hair came out good :). It's a good balance of the fluff, fullness n softness I get from the daily washing I used to do but that I know will most likely last a week.

I ended up just using the mousse to lay my edges down but used Nairobi for the rest of the set. I just diluted it a lot more. Then sat under dryer.

Today still using a headband n probably will still use this as my protective style. Also still using curl wax in my edges, but so happy I didn't feel the need to use it along my hair. There's some soft n beautiful heat protective spray that I just put a bit through my hair then used the chi lightly.

Oh n I think the cantu as my leavin works out. Just used a lil bit.

Attachments

• image-3451881855.jpg
    image-3451881855.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image-636729148.jpg
    image-636729148.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 27
I just wear my hair out. I was hoping to reach full neck length before I started rocking braids or mini braids. i wanted to get braids in October and wear it through the winter and next spring (PRAYING for APL by fall 2014).

I sweat in between my boobs and between my shoulders right under my neck. So it's not horrible but it's not pleasant.

naija24 Trim maybe 1/4 inch and seal your ends with a ceramide rich oil. See if that helps your ends

I have achieved my shoulder length goal. I am proud of my self. Some one on the LHCJ posted an observation that the they thought that some of the Shea butter mixers seemed to have very good retention. Well last evening I mixed some melted Shea butter, Hawaiian silky, and grapeseed oil. I parted my hair in sections and applied the mix from root to tip(I am tex laxed) I was pretty heavy hand with the mixture. This morning my hair feels great. I am claiming arm pit length by jan 2014

I have achieved my shoulder length goal. I am proud of my self. Some one on the LHCJ posted an observation that the they thought that some of the Shea butter mixers seemed to have very good retention. Well last evening I mixed some melted Shea butter, Hawaiian silky, and grapeseed oil. I parted my hair in sections and applied the mix from root to tip(I am tex laxed) I was pretty heavy hand with the mixture. This morning my hair feels great. I am claiming arm pit length by jan 2014

Congratulations. Any pics?

May go ahead and try this CON shampoo.

SBS-105025

I took my twists out. Now I'm doing a HOT with coconut oil. I'm gonna baby my hair for two weeks until I redo the twists. This way my hair will be done for camping. Are we due for length checks? Having an infant kills all brain cells. It's almost as bad as being drunk. Lol.

I took my twists out. Now I'm doing a HOT with coconut oil. I'm gonna baby my hair for two weeks until I redo the twists. This way my hair will be done for camping. Are we due for length checks? Having an infant kills all brain cells. It's almost as bad as being drunk. Lol.

LOL. you reminded me, we do have length checks! Already took one for something else, will post later.

So, I prepooed, washed, deep conditioned, and m&s. I didn't like how my hair felt but I put some flat twists in anyway for a twist out. It looked ok. I wound up cowashing today with some Aussie 3 minute moist mixed with some roux porosity control. THAT made my hair feel divine. Currently it's twisted and under a scarf cause i got a yoga workout in while the boys were asleep.

I do have a problem though. Between my cornrows I got before and the twists I just took out, I have more forehead than before! I didn't feel like they styles were tight, but apparently it was. No I'm reconsidering braids until the end of the year. :ohwell:

OMG! How did I miss my HHJ anniversary!! I BC'd to about 2" one year ago on July 1st. Took off most of a damaging dye-job. No color and almost no heat all year either. I had already been natural for about 6 years though just didn't know how to care for my hair.

She hasn't grown much--had to continue to chop the rest as she grew. That last 2" was damaged too...plus I somehow got really scissor happy. :/ lol.

However, my back layers are fully covering my neck and just touching the trapezius muscle when stretched. It's progress!

In an install now. Will take pics when it's down. :)

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];18674585]OMG! How did I miss my HHJ anniversary!! I BC'd to about 2" one year ago on July 1st. Took off most of a damaging dye-job. No color and almost no heat all year either. I had already been natural for about 6 years though just didn't know how to care for my hair.

She hasn't grown much--had to continue to chop the rest as she grew. That last 2" was damaged too...plus I somehow got really scissor happy. :/ lol.

However, my back layers are fully covering my neck and just touching the trapezius muscle when stretched. It's progress!

Our hair may be at the same length. I cut to 2" in August. I have chopped quite a bit since then. But sticking to the color. Happy Anniversary!

Our hair may be at the same length. I cut to 2" in August. I have chopped quite a bit since then. But sticking to the color. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks faith! We did around the same time! Crazy hair times! Lol

Honestly think I cut to maybe an inch. I am being generous with 2. It was very difficult to grab to flat twist. Some places I couldn't grab at all.

So nice to be out of that phase even though fully shrunk it will forever be a twa. Lol

OMG! How did I miss my HHJ anniversary!! I BC'd to about 2" one year ago on July 1st. Took off most of a damaging dye-job. No color and almost no heat all year either. I had already been natural for about 6 years though just didn't know how to care for my hair.

Happy Hairiversary! :-) girl put them scissors down lol. I was scissor happy too. I just recently marked on my calendar trim day every 2 months so I don't overdue it.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

^^I am doing better with the trims. I think the last time I trimmed/dusted was April. I did a search and destroy last week. I plan to dust again at the end of July. I am so happy my ends are so much better.

^^I am doing better with the trims. I think the last time I trimmed/dusted was April. I did a search and destroy last week. I plan to dust again at the end of July. I am so happy my ends are so much better.

Me too my trim date is set for the 31st. :-)

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Back