SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Nothing much going on over here ladies. I've been sick so haven't made it to the post office to mail my hair analysis but I did take down my twist. I think I have to use gel bc the right side and crown doesn't cooperate very well.

ForumRunner_20130626_122101.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122113.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Nothing much going on over here ladies. I've been sick so haven't made it to the post office to mail my hair analysis but I did take down my twist. I think I have to use gel bc the right side and crown doesn't cooperate very well.

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

You have very pretty hair.

mshoneyfly I received the hair trigger today :) thanks again for your review!
Used it in my scalp tonight. The smell is herby and minty-ish. The ingredients are great and even if it doesn't give 'explosive growth' I'll still continue to use it. I'll definitely play around with some essential oils and see which is best suited.

my hair turned out so nice and it is so soft! this will be my go to style for the summer. hopefully, it will hold up during the heat! my hair is so fine and it sweats out easily. it's like cotton candy!

mshoneyfly I received the hair trigger today :) thanks again for your review!
Used it in my scalp tonight. The smell is herby and minty-ish. The ingredients are great and even if it doesn't give 'explosive growth' I'll still continue to use it. I'll definitely play around with some essential oils and see which is best suited.

Wenbev
I enjoyed it even more when I decided to warm it up in some hot water. In hindsight, the key to growth results is all in the massage method. I now massage by moving the scalp in a circular motion without disturbing the roots.

Saw this on IG n loooove this. Man I wish I could really maintain my hair out. I'm going to wash tomorrow but now use curl wax and see what's up. May wash tonight then rollerset after the flat iron.

Y'all I'm kinda tempted to cut. Just at this moment though. Wait. Naw I won't. Will just pay attention to shape n volume on my current hair.

Attachments

• image-2913672462.jpg
    image-2913672462.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 23
I may even just use my curling iron after the mold instead of the Chi...it'll keep some texture and more volume I think.

The only thing is that the curl wax keeps my hair pretty humidity resistant...but don't matter when the style is heavy though so....I'll play with it tonight.

Here's a cute video of hair molding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHlMHYpOUQ

I think that's where my problem is. I need to work on the molding technique. And probably need to get some better products. I may try the setting lotion she's using in hers. Tempted to try Nairobi again, but I remember it having my hair with that weird cone feeling. Actually I think I will try it first before I buy some more. And maybe I'll dilute it even more this time.

And you know what? I don't use any kind of leave-in conditioner or in this video she used a bit of oil too. I can see those things helping me to where I wouldn't feel the need to use any curl wax anyway.

Actually here are her products:

Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Mask
African Pride Olive Miracle Leave In Conditioner
Organix Moroccan Oil
Creme of Nature Foam Wrap Lotion

Don't look bad.

Last edited:
The African Pride Olive Miracle Leave-In:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/african-pride-conditioner/SBS-294434,default,pd.html

SBS-294434

I almost want to get her creme of nature shampoo too :look: And might as well get that wrap foam :ohwell: But I'll still use my Mizani Moisturefuse.

So I'm buying:

- Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo
- Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Mask
- African Pride Olive Miracle Leave In Conditioner
- some kind of Moroccan Oil (Sally's doesn't have Organix I guess)

and maybe:

- Creme of Nature Foam Wrap Lotion

Here's a cute video of hair molding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHlMHYpOUQ

I think that's where my problem is. I need to work on the molding technique. And probably need to get some better products. I may try the setting lotion she's using in hers. Tempted to try Nairobi again, but I remember it having my hair with that weird cone feeling. Actually I think I will try it first before I buy some more. And maybe I'll dilute it even more this time.

And you know what? I don't use any kind of leave-in conditioner or in this video she used a bit of oil too. I can see those things helping me to where I wouldn't feel the need to use any curl wax anyway.

Actually here are her products:

Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Mask
African Pride Olive Miracle Leave In Conditioner
Organix Moroccan Oil
Creme of Nature Foam Wrap Lotion

Don't look bad.

itismehmmkay
She is such a beautiful girl. Her hair looks a lot shorter than yours or she has more layers or something.

What stood out to me is that every product she used has silicones if Im not mistaken. Using that regimen, you would prob need to clarify/chelate at least once a month to get rid of all those cones.

In my experience, silicone products were blocking the moisture from entering my hair strands and stopping my growth retention because they coat the strands. When I cut the cones and stopped using direct heat, I started to retain some length. Are you trying to grow your hair or just create some styles?

Your posts also sound like you are using quite a bit of heat. Looks like your hair is fine enough that you could just poo, dc, m&s, add a little setting lotion or wrap foam and smooth it into position. Then just tie it down and sit under the dryer. A little more moisturizer and oil with finger styling should give you a cute look...

Just a thought

mshoneyfly Yea you're right in that cones aren't that great for my hair. I am interested in the leave-in that she's using and may look into that. And I'm looking for a way to wear some cute styles. I know what I could do if I wanted to just do no-heat and focus strickely on retaining, but....eh....I want some style.

And I was using alot of heat just recently, but if I stick with a lil heat even as often as once a week, but make sure I rollerset at night during the week/2wks I'm good, like my hair can handle it. It was just recently that I was doing heat in between washings and that was definitely a no-no.

And the thing too is I know I've had my hair in the state I want it before. The light-weight but with hold and bounce thing. I really think my main lack is the leave-in. In fact, I may even keep using the mousse I use. It does a pretty good set for me.

There's actually a great leave-in that I love from my relaxer kit, but it breaks me out on my neck. Weird. It's great on my hair though, but not worth what happens.

I use 2 leave ins, both very lightly my liquid is African Royale Braid Spray and Giovanni Direct Leave in Conditioner.
When I used to wear braids regularly years ago, that spray always kept my scalp clean and my hair very moisturized. the women at the braid studios would always ask what I used when they took out my braids.

What's a good liquid leave-in?

So u mean simething to use after washing? What do you want it to do for your hair? like moisturize, strengthen, provide good slip?

Aphogee pro vitamin
Eden bodyworks coconut shea leave in
Komaza care hair milk - only online
Folicure leave in
Motions nourish leave in
Dr miracles leave in
Garnier fructis hydra recharge moisture whip leave in

All can be found at walmart or sallys

Wenbev
I enjoyed it even more when I decided to warm it up in some hot water. In hindsight, the key to growth results is all in the massage method. I now massage by moving the scalp in a circular motion without disturbing the roots.

Yes, warming oil is much better. I'll take a color applicator bottle, add my oil and essential oils and place it in a bowl of hot water for a min or two. I do need to get in the habit of massaging my scalp.

So about to wash. I decided to just use the Cantu leave-in. I don't remember if I'd used it right before a mold before. And I'll Just use the mousse I already use. So I didn't buy anything new.

Ok. Let's see. Again the goal is to not feel like I have to use the curl wax.

Random ramblings - going to try another perm rod set, the last one was a fail. Still looking for an awesome summer style that doesnt require much manipulation.
My nettle and rosemary tea rinse is doing the job - shedding is what it should be, not hairs all over my floors and hair is soft and fluffy, with a little color deposit. :grin:
I have found myHG shampoo, deep condition and leave in right under my nose! Giovanni,giovanni, giovanni.
Oils are my friend but still looking for a butter to seal in all my hair work that doesnt have shea in it.

Went swimming today with the kids after church picnic. Washed our hair with VO5 clarifying shampoo afterwards. Dcing right now with a mix of SD vanilla and BASK whisky.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I thought I contributed to this thread today but I guess I didn't. Any who ladies, hope all is well with you all. My hair has been braided for the past two weeks and I have been wigging it. I took the braids out today and saturated my strands with coconut oil as I removed the shed hair. I intend to wash, deep condition, moisturize, seal, and re-braid some time tonight or tomorrow. That may be my routine for the summer or I may just get braid extensions.

wash day is tomor, prepoo with hair trigger and pep essential oil. poo with giovanni, dc with a nettle/rosemary tea rinse and gio deep moisture...

Back