SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

tequilad28
Can you share your regie? You're relaxed right? Im texturized myself but I still think of myself as relaxed after all those years, lol.

Yes I am relaxed. I swear my hair has a split personality because after I wash it if I pin curl it, people ask me if I'm natural. Um as for my regie, I shampoo and DC once a week and for the past few weeks because it's so hot and drying here in Florida I cowash once a week as well.
I prepoo with grapeseed oil or an avocado mixture I make myself(avocado, honey, and olive oil). I do a light protein treatment (aphogee 2 minute reconstructor) with each wash and I also always do a green tea rinse for shedding. I rotate between rollersetting and air drying. I lightly dust at 8 weeks post and I get my TUs at 12 weeks. I always try to do a heavier protein treatment (nexxus emergenceee) 1 week before my TUs. For protective styling, I do bantu knot outs and pin curls. Ah I think that's about it.

Last edited:
I haven't been around in months. I have just been very busy. I am happy to say that my hair has been the healthiest its ever been in years. I have no split ends, lots of body & shine. I roller set religiously moisturize and seal.My hair is currently right at the tip of my shoulders. I hope within the next month or two I will be at full SL.I am always trimming my hair, and I think that's why I am not currently at full SL. I think I am obsessed with my ends being even. I just love it when everything is uniformed.

Feeling my hair straight. Will grease my scalp tonight n make sure I roll my hair for the next 2 weeks. No more hear until then.

Attachments

• image-1698658186.jpg
    image-1698658186.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image-2947514877.jpg
    image-2947514877.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 27
so last night, I went shopping - bought the hair trigger with the ridic shipping and placed my first hairtage hydrations order. She is doing 30% off for her birthday! I also found a 20% HH thread for LHCF members but 30 is better considering everything I purchased.
Also used the hemp seed oil I purchased last week for the first time last night to MS. I used my beloved braid spray to dampen the hair and detangle, a very small amount of the hemp seed oil, finished with ssi brazil nut buttercream and braided for the night.

Still lurking. Will do an update probably between next weekend to the fourth.

I don't remember when my last update was. I want to say May? So I don't anticipated any shocking change. I usually try and only do a length check twice a year, but hey, if I'm going to be in this challenge I got to play.

I do wonder if I'll be able to flat iron or if I'll have to stick to the hot comb til I'm apl one say in the future lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

i washed my hair Sunday morning and didn't flat iron it until this morning. i just wrapped back up since i am in the house. i used my Nairobi hair products to wash and conditioner my hair. they are protein based, so i use those every other week. i lightly dusted my ends too. they didn't need it, but i am scissor happy when it comes to my hair. i'm really feeling my blunt ends.

My hair today. Wearing a headband. Still not doing it forward but this still works for me. Greased scalp m rolled hair last night like a good girl too. It already feels n looks better to me.

Attachments

• image-197448277.jpg
    image-197448277.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 30
This is mostly just a beauty pic for this girl, but I like how it's style...at least what I can see. Seems like the crown and bangs were french braided at the top. Basically a way to wear it pulled back. I said I might try this for the weekend, but actually may try it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 64d7d6d2655ebd5f3350b39cf73cccd5.jpg
    64d7d6d2655ebd5f3350b39cf73cccd5.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 15
Again, mostly white folk, but some cute headband looks I liked. I think I'm going to stick with pulled back w/ skinnier headbands during the week. Then on the weekends, I can wear the hair pulled forward with some bangs and w/ bandana and scarf ties or thicker headbands.

The Halle one is a lil too flat to me, but still the inspiration of it. I just wouldn't have it so flat, but would def do the hair forward and siderburns

Attachments

• 172be8feb20eb4db4bcefc609efe11c4.jpg
    172be8feb20eb4db4bcefc609efe11c4.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 14
  • c47bb42651e9d57f1fbccc296280e0a6.jpg
    c47bb42651e9d57f1fbccc296280e0a6.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 052a4f1ff0e8d5101d59289ddf3fd89a.jpg
    052a4f1ff0e8d5101d59289ddf3fd89a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 16
  • be89bf4e57dee326b58c3d82b38be1ec.jpg
    be89bf4e57dee326b58c3d82b38be1ec.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 79183994f8e2a07097e9b0b4ec1bceb5.jpg
    79183994f8e2a07097e9b0b4ec1bceb5.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
Oh! And I'm excited about setting my hair on small rollers while it's straight. I would have to do it on a Friday so that it would set longer (I don't have to leave the house so early on Saturday so my hair would be in rollers longer). I wouldn't put any product in it; basically just my regular nightly set, just on smaller rollers. I'll see if I can find any inspiration pics.

Actually I don't see a pic of how it might come out. I guess it's just something I'll have to try and see. I keep seeing this hair and I love it, but it's not going to look like this. My bangs aren't as long and my sides aren't as short lol. So not the shape, but the curliest maybe.

919a9fa1cba248128a11c089db4ebddf.jpg

Actually it might do something like that ^^^ just not as much in the front. I might set them on smaller rollers tonight. Push come to shove, I can always still wear my headband. In fact, I'll probably still aim to wear my headband, but see what the curl looks like and if it's something I could play with on the weekend anyway.

Then there are curl rods I could do too.

Attachments

• 577bbaefcd53da867d564ec76410ce92.jpg
    577bbaefcd53da867d564ec76410ce92.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2b54c0972ea5e107bc82aba5f691ab24.jpg
    2b54c0972ea5e107bc82aba5f691ab24.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 21
Here's a pic from pinterest where she's really talking about adding length to the front for more styling options. But I really like pics 13 & 16 that show the curls she made in the back. Looks great

Attachments

• TBDaddingbangs21.jpg
    TBDaddingbangs21.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 41
So...i wore my hair out like i said i would. It was nice but i couldnt get a good pic. I used the upzing for a frohawk. I used a medium but i think i need a large...unless i can stretch this one out. I don't know what im gonna do tomorrow because my hair is already shrinking.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130624_182229.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_182229.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 31
  • ForumRunner_20130624_182250.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_182250.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 29
So...i wore my hair out like i said i would. It was nice but i couldnt get a good pic. I used the upzing for a frohawk. I used a medium but i think i need a large...unless i can stretch this one out. I don't know what im gonna do tomorrow because my hair is already shrinking.

that's cute!

i gotta buy another spray bottle for my roller set that i am going to do some time this week. i need to start back taking my vitamins. not for growth, but just for health reasons. i have been off for the last couple of weeks. my hair is oily right now, but i don't care. i've been playing in products. i moisturized and sealed twice yesterday and i moisturized and sealed this morning. i didn't need to, but just wanted too. i won't do it again today though.

Hi Ladies!

Here is some info I found about coconut milk and hair growth:

http://she.sulekha.com/coconut-milk-for-hair-growth_01_2012_postedby_vidyamotherhood

Sorry, Im on my phone and cant copy the actual text of the article :(

Last week I did a coconut milk, avg and oil dc. It was messy but effective. I had been having some excessive shedding due to using a growth aide (brahmi oil prepoo) and tried several remedies. Garlic prepoos seemed to help but the coconut milk was immediate! My hair was strong and firm but very soft!

I will mix coconut milk into my next henna and keep using the above recipe prior to or along with my regular dc's.

HHHJ!!

Last edited:

Nice frohawk. Sorry but what does the upzing do? Off to google.:grin:

that's cute!

i gotta buy another spray bottle for my roller set that i am going to do some time this week. i need to start back taking my vitamins. not for growth, but just for health reasons. i have been off for the last couple of weeks. my hair is oily right now, but i don't care. i've been playing in products. i moisturized and sealed twice yesterday and i moisturized and sealed this morning. i didn't need to, but just wanted too. i won't do it again today though.

Shouldn't you be taking your prenatal miss lady?

I'm back. You ladies have been busy. I'm too lazy to respond to 4 pages of post :nono: So here is a group post :look:

Congratulations to everyone who made SL. :congrats:

Love the styles ladies. :clap:

Thanks for sharing the style tips. :yep:

NO I don't have any pictures. Getting that out of the way first :lol:

Thank you ladies for the hair tips. My hair looked nice for the memorial service. I did rod the twists. Meh, the curly twists looked as bad as the regular twists and they dropped so I had to rod them every day. But when I took out the twists and wore the twists out it was very nice. I really liked that. And I got third day hair from it. I am actually on 4th day hair but going to wash it tonight.

Hi Ladies!

Here is some info I found about coconut milk and hair growth:

http://she.sulekha.com/coconut-milk-for-hair-growth_01_2012_postedby_vidyamotherhood

Sorry, Im on my phone and cant copy the actual text of the article :(

Last week I did a coconut milk, avg and oil dc. It was messy but effective. I had been having some excessive shedding due to using a growth aide (brahmi oil prepoo) and tried several remedies. Garlic prepoos seemed to help but the coconut milk was immediate! My hair was strong and firm but very soft!

I will mix coconut milk into my next henna and keep using the above recipe prior to or along with my regular dc's.

HHHJ!!

Nice article. Thanks for posting.

So rolled hair in smaller rollers just to see what it would do...Eh. I knew that the curls would just relax, but I still like the larger rollers better. Even though the curls aren't tight at all, it still make the whole look tighter, lifted it up a bit.

There are 6 months left in the year and 26 full weeks. That is a lot of time to get some good hair growth in. And a growth spurt would make it even better :yep:

Starting this week I am getting back on my eating plan, start incorporating some exercise, take my supplements daily and get in my water. I may not reach SL but I am going to get as close as I can.

My regimen is getting better and I am back to twist, so now I can do better with my retention. I think the roughest part of my big chop is behind me :yep:

Hi ladies! I want in this challenge for the rest of the year. I'm currently EL. I don't expect to reach SL, but will do my best.

I graduated from SL last June, but then decided to go natural and did the BC. I'm relaxed now.

I'll post my details later this evening.

Back