SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

i like that! i will try that one of these days. that will look good on curly hair. i just got some satin sponge/pillow rollers. i got me a curling iron too. i'm gonna curl my hair today and roll to maintain the next few days.

Right? yea it's perfect for curly hair. On the site she's actually curling her hair with rollers for the back.

http://www.fashionisers.com/hairstyles-hair-products/how-to-style-a-faux-hawk-updo/

I like this style. Even with just the headband it looks really pretty and simple.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Thanks girly :):)

Due to under processing with a self relaxer , I am looking at 15+ weeks of new growth ... It's driving me crazy ! Trying to wait at least 7 more weeks before getting a quality relaxer and I'm going to to keep my hair hidden . Pray for me , lol .

I got a touch up on Monday. Im not quite sure where I am. What do you ladies think? I think im somewhere between NL and the beginning of SL, maybe? Hopefully I will be full SL by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

I say you are there. Your hair seems to still have some waves. Straight it should be sl.

Ohhh wowww!!
Its so shiny, full and healthy. Your ends look great!! The sides are almost there but the back is already full SL and beyond!! Nice progress

Thanks! I finally was able to upload the pic in the right direction:blush: It is nice to know that I am making some progress and that my regi that I came up with based on the wealth of knowledge provided from you wonderful ladies is working:grin:

I'm going to try a version of this. See how the front is faux-hawkess, but the bangs are tucked back. It's not quite as tucked as the pampadour (sp?) style, but it's also not all free where it's going to blow all in the wind w/o gel/product.

I'll see what I can do with some hairpins

oooooh I like this style. Very creative, please post pics when you do your version

Well my roller set was a fail. This is why I don't roller set bc I can't ever get the rollers taught enough. I just threw my hair up into a bun after lightly flat ironing it.

HPG

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130621_221421.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_221421.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 45
  • ForumRunner_20130621_221456.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_221456.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 42
I love your curls; that was a successful bko. Share your process please: products used and all.

ronie

Thanks! This was only my first time getting it halfway right!

I cowashed with VO5 pomogranite and grapeseed, then let it dry to like 90%. I used my new mango butter mix mixed in my hand with a squirt of shea moisture restorative conditioner as a leave in for each section. Then i just detangled and two strand twisted in smaller sections. I wrapped the twist under and around all the way to the ends to make sure they curled.

I put on a plastic cap and sculley to make sure the moisturizer absorbed. Then tied it up with silk scarf for bed.

Once I took it down and separated, I stretched it all up into a bun and tied the scarf for a few minutes. Then I pulled the curls around my face and sideways to cover the parts.

ETA: i took the plastic cap off before bed

Last edited:
Thanks! I finally was able to upload the pic in the right direction:blush: It is nice to know that I am making some progress and that my regi that I came up with based on the wealth of knowledge provided from you wonderful ladies is working:grin:

tequilad28
Can you share your regie? You're relaxed right? Im texturized myself but I still think of myself as relaxed after all those years, lol.

mshoneyfly did you add a scent to your hair trigger oil? And did you go for the original or the featherweight? I was thinking to just add some of my own peppermint essential oil instead but if the smell is really strong maybe just get it scented

And so I did a quick try at my hair with a scarf. Now this was after a whole day of the headband which does lay the hair in front down. Blahblahblah. I didn't like it. I did my nightly wash n set last night so I'll try it this morning while the hair is at its first fullness. I may just chill and keep my headband though. But I do want some scarves to wear over the headband

mshoneyfly did you add a scent to your hair trigger oil? And did you go for the original or the featherweight? I was thinking to just add some of my own peppermint essential oil instead but if the smell is really strong maybe just get it scented

No I got the unscented original formula and added my own PPMT once I got the product home. IMO you need something strong and fresh smelling to mask the scent of hair trigger. If you like PPMT, it would be a good choice.

Ummm no you ladies won't kick me out lol! I'm not full SL yet and besides I don't want to leave yet...so I'm telling you, I'm not going no where (in my Jennifer Hudson voice)!

HPG

So....I look wack lol.

I kinda need some heat. And really my hair was growing good with the every 2 week washing.

I'm trying to see where it went wrong? I guess it was because I tried to do the heat in between. And it was damaging especially my bangs. Also, it was sooo much grease at one point. Anyway, think I'll try again to get my hair right. Lawd...smh.

i tried to set my hair and it was a fail. so i am going to wash it again today and just decide of i am going to roller set (magnetic) or flat iron.

shortdub78 So I am going back to heat. Guess I'll scratch myself off the no heat challenge.

So right now I have conditioner on my head; just did a retouch cause my edges and back were crying. After this deep conditioner (ORS replenish pak), I'll wash it out, them shampoo something about too much of the deep conditioner leaves my hair too soft, idk), then condition quickly with Mizani Moisturefusee, then mold w/ mousse under the dryer, then swipe a chi, then set on rollers.

And I decided that I can still do the headband during the week as a protective style and then play w/ styles and bangs on the weekend; that should help with manipulation anyway.

So here we go...

Sorry I can never find any styles I like with black hair. But anyway, these are some inspirations for wearing my headband. Basically I need to stat wearing my hair forward more I was doing that at one point then stopped, so I'll start back again.

Attachments

• 0326-ginnifer-goodwin-pixie-haircut-headband_bd.jpg
    0326-ginnifer-goodwin-pixie-haircut-headband_bd.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
  • dca5196564e413bec7cfaf244d476d2c.jpg
    dca5196564e413bec7cfaf244d476d2c.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4
  • l_71bb8c40-9042-11e1-8ecd-438de8100002.jpg
    l_71bb8c40-9042-11e1-8ecd-438de8100002.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
  • a1007c8f94d00cbeffdba199f01ad450.jpg
    a1007c8f94d00cbeffdba199f01ad450.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
Sorry I can never find any styles I like with black hair. But anyway, these are some inspirations for wearing my headband. Basically I need to stat wearing my hair forward more I was doing that at one point then stopped, so I'll start back again.

get some hair clips too and flower clips to pull your bangs back or to the side.

No I got the unscented original formula and added my own PPMT once I got the product home. IMO you need something strong and fresh smelling to mask the scent of hair trigger. If you like PPMT, it would be a good choice.
Thanks! I'm placing my order today for the one you have. I scored 3 bottles of peppermint essential oil at Ulta on clearance :) and I've been adding that to my prepoo oil mix

Back