SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

[USER=354381 said:
Tatilove[/USER];18597171]Yayyy just like me.:drunk: I'm not quite shoulder length either. I am in the APL challenge because I would love to reach APL by the end of the year, but since I just got into this whole hair care thing, I'm not even sure how realistic my goal is.:nono: I would like to at least be a full collarbone length by the end of this year, so I follow this thread. I know it might be too late for me to be considered as an actual challenger, but I just check it out and read about what the other girls are doing.

What is your regimen like?

No such thing as too late. Come on in here and have some fun. :yep:

When you guys moisture and seal, what do you do it with? I feel like my hair is greasy, even the next day.

If I used a butter or an oil last my hair will be greasy. If I finish with a crème based product my hair is fine.

Right now I am using As I Am Leave-In, any kind of oil and As I am Double Butter Cream on wash days. I am using HydroQuench Greaseless moisture in between. I am still playing around with products though.

You ladies are rocking this thread.

Headed out of town. We chat with you ladies Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Take care and talk to you soon faithVA

Wenbev
My all time fav moisturizer is still shea moisture restorative conditioner. I love this!! I just finished using after my cowash mixed in my hands with my new mango butter mix. My hair is soo soft; including NG.

I agree that it might be time to clarify or chelate.

So under the dryer. Went ahead and washed my hair and did the rollers with the snaps. I'm soooooo tempted to go back to my daily rollersets. The moisture and softness and elasticity in my hair was great when I did that. The only downfall were styles and sometimes my edges.

I'm thinking the edges thing has to do with sleeping on the hair while it's too wet. And styles: I think I can work that out. Just looking at my hair all over my head after my bath and before I washed it, it was a nice texture and would be cool w/ a cool lil shape. Tomorrow I'll bring my headband, but will also bring some hairpins to try out a lil pinned-back faux-hawk. My main thing is hair that is shaped and with bangs that won't blow so hard in the wind.

Thank you ladies for all of your responses. Sounds like I'll try using an oil first instead of last and if that doesn't work, then I'll skip the normal oil prepoo, do a c&c and dc. This silk dreams sounds like the business! May have to jump on that too right after I order the hair trigger :grin:

Man I loooove how things are coming full circle for me. Just had some tilapia, brown rice, and spinach...think that'll be my new default...more fish instead of chicken. So my body coming together (due to diet and alot of walking).

Then I keep feeling my skin; I've been really on my lil acne.org benzoyl peroxide regimen. And really, my skin always looks better in the summer. Idk if it's b/c the dark marks are fading, or if with my tan, it doesn't look like I have any b/c they blend. Whatever it is, skin is looking good and of course getting back on my water game helps that out.

I got a touch up on Monday. Im not quite sure where I am. What do you ladies think? I think im somewhere between NL and the beginning of SL, maybe? Hopefully I will be full SL by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 20130620_233620.jpg
    20130620_233620.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I got a touch up on Monday. Im not quite sure where I am. What do you ladies think? I think im somewhere between NL and the beginning of SL, maybe? Hopefully I will be full SL by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

I almost broke my neck trying to look at this picture lol:spinning: But it looks a loootttt like shoulder length from the angle I was looking. It's not a full shoulder, but it is seems to have reached the shoulder. It will be easier to tell if you post another. But one thing I can tell you, it's that by the end of the year, you will surely be way beyond shoulder length.

I almost broke my neck trying to look at this picture lol:spinning: But it looks a loootttt like shoulder length from the angle I was looking. It's not a full shoulder, but it is seems to have reached the shoulder. It will be easier to tell if you post another. But one thing I can tell you, it's that by the end of the year, you will surely be way beyond shoulder length.

Lolololol omg, I kno stupid phone ill try to upload it to my computer n repost tmrw. But thx for tryin. I dont want anyone's neck to be broke.

About to go see what I'll do with my hair today. Probably just headband. Man, it felt good just to pull those rollers out instead of having to use two hands and take the clips out.

When you guys moisture and seal, what do you do it with? I feel like my hair is greasy, even the next day.

i have to use pea size amounts to avoid greasy hair. it depends on how my hair is styled whether i can be heavy handed with product. when my hair was longer, i didn't mind greasy because my hair would be bunned.

Ohhh wowww!!
Its so shiny, full and healthy. Your ends look great!! The sides are almost there but the back is already full SL and beyond!! Nice progress

So just doing a headband. I'll play with some stuff maybe tomorrow.

Attachments

• hair-062113.JPG
    hair-062113.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 16
  • hair2-062113.JPG
    hair2-062113.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 21
I'm going to try a version of this. See how the front is faux-hawkess, but the bangs are tucked back. It's not quite as tucked as the pampadour (sp?) style, but it's also not all free where it's going to blow all in the wind w/o gel/product.

I'll see what I can do with some hairpins

Attachments

• faux_hawk_updo_how_to.jpg
    faux_hawk_updo_how_to.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
Her hair shape here is perfect. Maybe I can do some loose pincurls to tuck the bangs while keeping the volume. But again, I don't want it pampadourish (sp?)...more faux hawk but w/o the blowing spiked hair

Attachments

• 7cb487380b9ddd00c1fb0dd8681ffd19.jpg
    7cb487380b9ddd00c1fb0dd8681ffd19.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
So just looking at pics on google and pinterest. I usually put them on my blog when I'm talking hair, but I think I had already put this one on there. But this is just so fiyah to me I had to post it somewhere else lmao. I looooove that peek a boo color on her.

c9908df4b5ff67c24faff39c37bdd4ac.jpg

I think I had a picture with some black hair and purple too...lemme go find it.

I wanna wear some scarfs going forward. This is cute. May do this tomorrow when we first get out for the day, then play with other styles later.

fc0476ae2f9ce74192a30df80467f4f6.jpg

Here's a pic w/ black hair...looooooove. In fact, I'm following this. I won't have as much hair left out in the front I don't think. I'll see what's up

Attachments

• retro5.jpg
    retro5.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 14
^^^actually it's perfect. All I need is some soft hair in the front for sideburns....my makeup glow that's been fiyah lately. And I'll probably wear some shorts and a cut-out tank (cut-out in the back). I'm ready.

I love styles with scarfs. I'm going to try it one day lol. This was my style for today. By all means not perfect at all but it was going to do a Mohawk style but just pinned one side up. I may pin up the other side tomorrow. We shall see. Not the best pics but it will do.

ForumRunner_20130621_122954.jpg

ForumRunner_20130621_123055.jpg

ForumRunner_20130621_123108.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130621_123015.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130621_123015.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10

I think you are there hunny...looking good!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

I'm going to try a version of this. See how the front is faux-hawkess, but the bangs are tucked back. It's not quite as tucked as the pampadour (sp?) style, but it's also not all free where it's going to blow all in the wind w/o gel/product.

I'll see what I can do with some hairpins

i like that! i will try that one of these days. that will look good on curly hair. i just got some satin sponge/pillow rollers. i got me a curling iron too. i'm gonna curl my hair today and roll to maintain the next few days.

i am not feeling this curling iron i bought. it is suppose to do the work for you, since it rotates, but i don't need that. i know how to use a curling iron. anywho, i also bought some headbands. i bought a brown one and a back one. i need to learn how to use these satin pillow rollers too.

Back