SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

No faith this is b4 I fro-ed it out right after I took the twists down. And yes I get plenty of frizz my camera just isn't showing it right. Bring on the fro ma'am lol!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

You know I'm tired. I don't know why you are trying to have a sensible conversation with me :lachen: I can't read nothing straight.

Speaking of fro, I purchased a short afro week. I like it. I need my girlfriend to shape it up for me.

Okay so I decided to join this thread because I'm retry sure I'm not exactly shoulder length yet lol . I'm in the app challenge but I think I'll do this one to at least reach a goal by the end or this year . I will be posting pics later on to show length so far .

For style ideas, really the back of my hair is fine, it's just finding something to do with the front. Here's something I may use for inspiration. Not the exact same style, but try some flat twists in the front to pull the front back. I'll probably use Cantu as my 'gel'

andhair2.jpg

Also like this....actually love this shape. My hair won't be as smooth and sleek as this w/o the heat, but I want something I can do a part with. At the same time I don't want my bangs blowing in the wind, so it would be great if I could find something to do with them...maybe pin them back but still with some height/lift to it. I'll play around with looks tonight and Friday I'll play w/ some gel/cantu before I wash it:

ETA: pic too big; edited as attachment

Attachments

• ba51bd88e3d5e1e30d9e75eb74c72373.jpg
    ba51bd88e3d5e1e30d9e75eb74c72373.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This is so cute to me; wish I could find my own interpretation of it on my hair:

ETA: This pic was kinda big too; edited it as attachment

Attachments

• a0e656942ec84312a310fd0c02b95afc.jpg
    a0e656942ec84312a310fd0c02b95afc.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Another cute inspiration. My hair is not down my back like that, but same concept of gelling/laying the sides down, letting the back out and some shape in the front as bangs, but not super loose bangs:

e32f6691751a789e4115116b874541c0.jpg

Something I'd like to play with too. Headband to pull bangs back, but some hair still forward in front of headband. Actually dont' think it'll work for me. Maybe with a scarf:

ETA: sorry that pic was so big; added it as attachment

Attachments

• 452863491a4c88a813209418a6787ea1.jpg
    452863491a4c88a813209418a6787ea1.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
So I've had this crochet install for 2 weeks again. The hair is starting to look shabby. Gonna redo the corn rows one at time and put fresh extensions in.

Going hard on this PS! Gonna make SL if it kills me!!

More twists. Think at least one is from someone on this board, but I found them on google.

But anyway, it would depend all on the size of the twists. I'd just do updos and scarfs with them while they were still in (not really wear the twist-out as much)

Attachments

• 100_2437.jpg
    100_2437.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0229-vi.jpg
    DSCN0229-vi.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 15
please give me the strength to roller set my hair today! i got my little coconut oil/jbco in right now, and i will be clarifying today, since i am using some new products. i need to make sure i rinse and wash this stuff out soon, because i am not trying to have soggy hair. i don't need to dc or baggy for hours and hours.

ok i just got out of the shower to wash my hair. i decided not to clarify, since i wash my hair every few days with a sulfate shampoo. i am dc'ing right now. i am just going to leave it in for about 20 mins and hop back in the shower.

Actually I'm just going to try this style tonight. See how it looks. Keep it soft and loose.

Attachments

• braided-bun-blonde-hair_large.jpg
    braided-bun-blonde-hair_large.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18
Something I'd like to play with too. Headband to pull bangs back, but some hair still forward in front of headband. Actually dont' think it'll work for me. Maybe with a scarf:

that's a cute style. you are better than me, because i would at least use heat once a week with that type of length/style. i would just mold my hair with a nice wrap lotion, and pull out my mini flat iron. i would wrap my hair up for the rest of the week.

the reason i like to roller set is to keep a style that i don't have to retouch with heat, but i like the heat. i can't do a blow dryer and a flat iron though.

^^^So the mold wrap and flat iron thing works for me style wise, but I was getting too happy with the heat. I don't really know how to wrap my hair at that length w/o it just falling, so I'm supposed to sleep in rollers. Well...I wasn't. So it was getting to the point where I was using the curling iron several times a week. And I just recently switch from not using the chi to try and curl my hair....that hot a- chi! :nono: I'll probably go back to the mold, or at least whip it out when I have a special event, but I def need some hardcore regimen edits. I hope some of those loose braid looks work on me; I'll see.

^^^So the mold wrap and flat iron thing works for me style wise, but I was getting too happy with the heat. I don't really know how to wrap my hair at that length w/o it just falling, so I'm supposed to sleep in rollers. Well...I wasn't. So it was getting to the point where I was using the curling iron several times a week. And I just recently switch from not using the chi to try and curl my hair....that hot a- chi! :nono: I'll probably go back to the mold, or at least whip it out when I have a special event, but I def need some hardcore regimen edits. I hope some of those loose braid looks work on me; I'll see.

i totally understand! it can be very easy to just pick up a flat iron/curling iron. girl that's why i would just sleep pretty! :lol: i stay sleeping on my arm!

i am air drying my hair right now, even though i can start setting my hair, but i am going to play foursquare with the kiddies for a little bit. i hope i have the energy to follow through with this roller set business!

wonderful washing session btw!

itismehmmkay
This one looks a lot like. Your avatar pic. You really found some good inspiration styles to work with!

ETA: there are lots of YT vids on wet and dry wrapping. Im sure you can get the hang of it with practice

Last edited:
itismehmmkay these styles are all so cute. I am too style challenges to attempt the execution of them, and actually make it work for my length. Will love to see your results.

This thread is pumping.

So I've had this crochet install for 2 weeks again. The hair is starting to look shabby. Gonna redo the corn rows one at time and put fresh extensions in.

Going hard on this PS! Gonna make SL if it kills me!!

Okay so I decided to join this thread because I'm retry sure I'm not exactly shoulder length yet lol . I'm in the app challenge but I think I'll do this one to at least reach a goal by the end or this year . I will be posting pics later on to show length so far .

Yayyy just like me.:drunk: I'm not quite shoulder length either. I am in the APL challenge because I would love to reach APL by the end of the year, but since I just got into this whole hair care thing, I'm not even sure how realistic my goal is.:nono: I would like to at least be a full collarbone length by the end of this year, so I follow this thread. I know it might be too late for me to be considered as an actual challenger, but I just check it out and read about what the other girls are doing.

What is your regimen like?

When you guys moisture and seal, what do you do it with? I feel like my hair is greasy, even the next day.

I moisturize with either qhemet brbc or silk dreams almond butter cream. I seal with either qhemet aohc or silk dreams mocha bling butter. The sd almond buttercream, although water based, is heavy enough to stand alone for a whole day. So I don't always seal it. I just moisturize daily. The qhemet brbc is very light so I always follow with a sealant, specially for my high po ends.
Qhemet aohc I use sparingly because of the aloe Vera, but so far so good. That and oyin juices and berries are the only 2 products with aloe my hair likes.
I use juices and berries to refresh my style. I also use it under shower cap right before workout. Then I will just seal with silk dreams mocha bling.
Oils give me hard hair unless used as prepoo under plastic cap for long hours.

Back