SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Im nervous to join this challenge but ok....

Currently NL. BC to 2 inches in July 2012. Fine haired natural. For retention it's ayurvedics for strength, some protective styles and hiding it at night. I dust frequently because fine hair splits with the wind. Also moisturize and seal daily with teas and oils. My go to styles are flat twist outs or phony buns with Marley hair.

I will edit and post pics here later.

Not much happening here. I did a pretty decent trim at the beginning of April so haven't made much progress. Trying to find a few flat twist hair styles to alternate between. If I can get 4 to 6 flat twists styles I can just rock them for the rest of the year. My product and wash day regimen is coming along nicely. I still have a few more things to narrow down but it's the first time I have really had any staple products in years.

Just in flat twists now. Will wear a wig on some weekends. Will cowash midweek if I can.

I don't have any estimates of when I will hit anything. It will be the end of the year at the earliest. My 1 year bc anniversary is in August. I hope to surpass where I was when I cut last august.

Sad I keep forgetting about this thread. We do need to be more active in here ladies. My weeks have pretty much been same ole same ole. I still have been cowashing once a week and dcing. I did order some new products check out the mothers day thread. I'm excited to try the stuff but I'm in a sew in for a month. Gave my wigs a break since I've been wigging it like crazy. I talked to some of the ladies in the fine hair thread on possibly doing a henna treatment when my sew in comes out. I did rcv some great advice about the process. Im very nervous as I have never hennad before but we shall see. I'm going to do a trim and measure in June like around the the 15th so I can see if my PS'ING is paying off.

Checking in: I'm still in a sew in. my leave out/bang now reaches the bottom of my lower lip. That equates to about an inch of growth since my last post. The rest of my hair I won't see until I am in between installs but my base is lifting so I know it's growing. If I can keep this kind of growth through the year then I will make it to full shoulder length with thick healthy ends.

Actually if I keep this growth rate I would be past shoulder length by the end of this year. I also joined the 12 inches in 12 months challenge, if I can achieve that I will be an extremely happy camper!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I havent posted much because I have only been moisturizing and sealing daily. After I flat iron I keep it straight for 2 wks or longer if I can.:ohwell:
But I do need to post daily, to keep our thread alive. I hope I will at least be SL stretched by Dec.

I'm here! Still here at SL. I just took my kinky twists out Monday night. I used apogee 2 min yesterday. My hair felt really dry today so I bought some Elasta QP intense conditioner. I currently have it on spritz wet hair in 4 sections under a plastic cap and a skully. I will leave this on for about an hour (until I finish cooking dinner and eat), rinse, seal (I don't know what leave in to use but I have several), seal with Naptiral85's Shea mix, air dry, corn roll and wig it for the next few days. Has anyone with fine transitioning hair used Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabam? I have the whole line. Thinking about using the Thickening Moisture Mist as a leave in but I know I need a SUPER DUPER MOISTURE leave in since I did the protein yesterday. Help!

I'm here! Still here at SL. I just took my kinky twists out Monday night. I used apogee 2 min yesterday. My hair felt really dry today so I bought some Elasta QP intense conditioner. I currently have it on spritz wet hair in 4 sections under a plastic cap and a skully. I will leave this on for about an hour (until I finish cooking dinner and eat), rinse, seal (I don't know what leave in to use but I have several), seal with Naptiral85's Shea mix, air dry, corn roll and wig it for the next few days. Has anyone with fine transitioning hair used Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabam? I have the whole line. Thinking about using the Thickening Moisture Mist as a leave in but I know I need a SUPER DUPER MOISTURE leave in since I did the protein yesterday. Help!

I have not used that particular mist by shea moisture. I dk it may be the same mist if that's the only one in the line. If it is then yes I did use it and no it does not give a lot of moisture. For me it just refreshed my curls and smelled really good. But if you are looking for moisture and you have the line have you tried the milk? That smells heavenly also and tons of moisture. The only thing with shea moisture line is that it attracts bees so bee ware lol.

I should be full SL by my 45th birthday in October if all goes well. I need at least 2.5" more to get there. I may need to start wigging it for a while starting this month. My hair loves cowashing so I will have to wear it under the wig in a way I can still cowash daily.

I have not used that particular mist by shea moisture. I dk it may be the same mist if that's the only one in the line. If it is then yes I did use it and no it does not give a lot of moisture. For me it just refreshed my curls and smelled really good. But if you are looking for moisture and you have the line have you tried the milk? That smells heavenly also and tons of moisture. The only thing with shea moisture line is that it attracts bees so bee ware lol.

One more quick question...Do you use it on wet hair, damp hair or dry hair and about how much? Sorry but I really want to get this right.

One more quick question...Do you use it on wet hair, damp hair or dry hair and about how much? Sorry but I really want to get this right.

I use it on wet or damp hair if I have the time for it to get damp. And you don't need much at all. I would just part my hair in 4 sections and put a dime size to quarter size amount and rake/shingle it through.

Ugh. The app won't let me attach pics during edit. So here is my start pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130501_170624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130501_170624.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 31
Sad I keep forgetting about this thread. We do need to be more active in here ladies. My weeks have pretty much been same ole same ole. I still have been cowashing once a week and dcing. I did order some new products check out the mothers day thread. I'm excited to try the stuff but I'm in a sew in for a month. Gave my wigs a break since I've been wigging it like crazy. I talked to some of the ladies in the fine hair thread on possibly doing a henna treatment when my sew in comes out. I did rcv some great advice about the process. Im very nervous as I have never hennad before but we shall see. I'm going to do a trim and measure in June like around the the 15th so I can see if my PS'ING is paying off.

HairPleezeGrow the henna is a piece of cake :) I have been using henna and other Ayurvedic herbs to offer strength and some thickness to my fine strands. Love it!

Jobwright I've never tried the shes moisture line bc my fine hair does not line Shea butter. It just sits on top of my hair :( I have two leave ins on rotation right now and they're Giovanni products. Love Giovanni! Also when you go a protein, try to add a moisture dc after. My hair is always dry and hard after if I don't do a moisture dc.

Hi ladies! I'm in sooooo many under challenges I keep forgetting that this one is just as important! My hair is growing good! This month I will start rollersetting. I will also do some type of treatment 2x month (henna, sukesh, henndigo, ayurvedic DC's) I definitely gained some thickness so I know length is coming next...

if i hit shoulder length due to having a mullet from growing out my pixie cut, would that count? LOL. right now, that is how my hair is growing. debating to trim it or endure the dreaded mullet. idk what other ladies' experiences is with that.

someone said to trim it and my hair will always grow at the same length. Thoughts?

if i hit shoulder length due to having a mullet from growing out my pixie cut, would that count? LOL. right now, that is how my hair is growing. debating to trim it or endure the dreaded mullet. idk what other ladies' experiences is with that.

someone said to trim it and my hair will always grow at the same length. Thoughts?

Yep that counts! What I'm doing is once I get to SL I will maintain this length so that some of the other layers will catch up...

Yep that counts! What I'm doing is once I get to SL I will maintain this length so that some of the other layers will catch up...

so you're okay with the mullet look? i read online that it's like this terrible terrible thing so I started to dread it a bit.

so you're okay with the mullet look? i read online that it's like this terrible terrible thing so I started to dread it a bit.

Girl, I don't care. Its really not that bad. But if you want to trim it, do it! Or bun it so nobody knows but you and cut it when you're ready! Some Ppl are sooo dramatic!

yeah, i was just wondering. i decided that no matter what my hair looks like this year, i WILL NOT cut any of my hair. not even trim. unless i absolutely needed to.

after that terrible hoopla of a thread i created accidentally made, i think i'm gonna do my own hair and just pull it back with hair clips or something until it's a decent length all around. i really want to be SL by December.

I wouldn't trim. If the ends are healthy, why trim?

Yes it counts. My hair I think grows out like a mullet but oh well I don't really care. I just fluff and go if I'm wearing my hair out. I wouldn't trim it unless you are in need of a trim. Yes keep your ends dusted bit no major cutting bc of the shape right now. Have you thought about protective styles until you are at a comfortable length for you?

I have the mullet issue when I rock my kinks in all their glory and that's how it will be because my nape has a looser curl pattern so the hang is different. I just throw on a head band and it lifts the nape and go on about my business.

Still here, nothing new on my end. Just sticking to my reggie and ignoring my hair. I'll be starting physical therapy soon so maybe that will give me a nice growth spurt as a get my knee and shoulders active again and then start working out

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Soooo I'm getting all these products I ordered coming in and I'm itching to try them out but I'm in a sew in for a month :-( timing is not perfect.

What goodies did you buy?

I ended up getting:

Hairveda-- Shipped
Deluxe Whpped Creme
Deluxe Moist Con 24/7
Jardin oil
Vatika frosting
Acai berry phyto

Silk Dreams-- Ordered
Vanilla Silk Cream 2
Mocha Silk Hair Milk 1
Avocado Pudding 2

BASK-- Rcvd
YAM
Vanilla Whisky repairative hair soak

Hairatage Hydrations--Ordered
Soft coconut marshmallow
Jar of Joe
Pink Lemon berry Mimosa
Banana Pudding DC

Shescentit-- Rcvd
Banana burlee moist con
Tahitian vanilla/coconut LI
Scalp spritz

Naturelle Grow-- Ordered
Pumpkin seed creamy hair whip

I ended up getting:

Hairveda-- Shipped
Deluxe Whpped Creme
Deluxe Moist Con 24/7
Jardin oil
Vatika frosting
Acai berry phyto

Silk Dreams-- Ordered
Vanilla Silk Cream 2
Mocha Silk Hair Milk 1
Avocado Pudding 2

BASK-- Rcvd
YAM
Vanilla Whisky repairative hair soak

Hairatage Hydrations--Ordered
Soft coconut marshmallow
Jar of Joe
Pink Lemon berry Mimosa
Banana Pudding DC

Shescentit-- Rcvd
Banana burlee moist con
Tahitian vanilla/coconut LI
Scalp spritz

Naturelle Grow-- Ordered
Pumpkin seed creamy hair whip

LOL you went shopping!! Please report back after you've tried some of them :)

Back