SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Wimpy bun my booty! Its neat and looks good! I don't even know how to do a bun yet at my length! Lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Wow, that is pretty, how did you get it to look so full. How did you cover the sock so well?

Thanks ma'am. I just used a ankle sock bc I knew my hair would cover that small of a sock and after I put my ponytail thru the sock I brushed it down around the sock. Then I placed a small rubber band around the bun and rolled my ends around the bun and placed another rubber band to secure. My ends and hair has macadamia oil in in to protect it. I will do a pic tutorial later to show how I did it if it will help :) I just need to figure out what i can cover my sock with so my hair is up against smooth material and not the sock.

Thanks for the pix gives me a better idea of where I need to be at length wise to try

Pics from my TU last wk after a 26 wk stretch. Unfortunately I didnt have a startin pic since my hair was already braided

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_001841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_001841.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Sorry other pics that didnt upload the first time.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_002420.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_002420.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20130408_002440.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_002440.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 37
The results from my attempt last nite

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_130939.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_130939.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20130408_131003.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_131003.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 48
I haven't been able to post on LHCF like I wanted to because I've been in training for the last week with work but anyhoo. I wound up cutting about an inch to an inch & a half of raggely ends from my hair about 2 weeks ago & decided to transition to natural at the same time. Right now I'm rocking a wig with my usual cornrows & I was considering going from mid-week cowashing to only pooing on the weekends but I quickly changed my mind back from that :nono::nono:. Gonna do some kinky twists at the end of the month to have a good amount of NG to work with & try to keep them in for about 2 months which is gonna bring me to a little over 5 months post. Happy Hair Growing ladies! :grin:

Had to share this!

There is this white boy on my team who us obsessed with my phony pony. So I told him if he got good scores on his customer surveys I would let him wear it.

Well surveys came in today and..

View attachment 204277

I'm shoulder length but will aim for fu SL. Hopefully by the end of the year :) is it common to cut .5 inches off before install or can I tell hair dresser just do .25?

Still going strong with caring for my hair. Will give that sock bun a try during the warmer months. Have decided to continue being a straight haired natural through spring and most likely discontinue doing hard presses so its not pin straight and go for more of a textured straight. I'm calling SL for the next check in and full SL for October. :)

I'm guessing with my usual growth rate pending no set backs I may make full shoulder length by the end of the year... Yeah? That's what I'm thinking :)

Considering all of my layers. I'm probably not doing any blunt cuts til I reach apl or longer

Well I got a bit of a nice surprise. The back of my hair is near full shoulder length. I appear to have had quite a growth spurt:perplexed, but it maybe down to changing my diet. I'm guessing the shortest layers from the top of my head will still be necklength by the end of the year though.

Never had hair touching my back before because of alopecia and what not. Feel exited hehe. I need till December. Hardcore hiding the hair is the truth.

Well I got a bit of a nice surprise. The back of my hair is near full shoulder length. I appear to have had quite a growth spurt:perplexed, but it maybe down to changing my diet. I'm guessing the shortest layers from the top of my head will still be necklength by the end of the year though.

Never had hair touching my back before because of alopecia and what not. Feel exited hehe. I need till December. Hardcore hiding the hair is the truth.

Wonderful news!

I am going to try to wear finger coils for the next 15 weeks. This should reduce manipulation and give me at least a bit of a break during the week. That will bring me to my 1 year bc anniversary. Maybe I will be close to NL by then.

Still working with my same routine as usual. I'm gonna bump up my kinky twists from the end of the month to this weekend. I'll be buying all my supplies on maybe Thursday or Friday after work. I'll wash & do a heavy protein treatment followed up by a moisturizing DC on Thursday night. Then start on my twists Friday night & finish them up on Saturday morning. I sure hope that managing my natural hair will be as easy (if not easier) than managing my NG. I thank God that its been easy this far. The way that I air dry has her very compliant!! :grin:

I kind of did a wash n go with diffuser. It's been so hot here in Texas so I'm giving my wigs a break. I cowashed with organix and then dc'd with marrocan oil recon and singled in GM on soaking wet hair and argon eco styler gel (all in the shower). I wrapped in a t-shirt and let it soak up all the extra moisture for 20 min and then diffused. I have this patch at my crown that is so frizzy/cottony and it is sooo annoying. Sigh...

ForumRunner_20130415_205435.jpg

ForumRunner_20130415_210142.jpg

ForumRunner_20130415_210200.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130415_205547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130415_205547.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 20
I did a henna gloss yesterday, it was awesome! I'm still using Njoy's oil for growth. I've moved my touchup date again back to May 11th instead of June 1st. I really think airdrying is not for me so starting in May I will be rollersetting my hair or blowdrying (only as a last resort). Other than that my hairs doing ok. Cowashing 2x week, DC 2x week, shampoo 1x week, weekly protein, LOCB to keep my hair soft and moisturized. Now I need to find my rollerset products...

Here's my check-in update :look: (sorry I'm late!)

I flat ironed last night and created this collage earlier today. The top 2 pics are from 4/13/12: left is that morning, right is after my haircut. The bottom left is my big chop on 10/30/12, bottom right from last night. I had 2" of growth when I chopped and trimmed a few times afterwards.

image-3252865617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

MsKikiStar I am confused

Top left looks like you are shoulder length, but top right looks like a fresh cut. Did you make SL and then get a new style? Your hair looks pretty in all of the pictures.

[USER=327887]Seamonster[/USER];18250385 said:
MsKikiStar I am confused

Top left looks like you are shoulder length, but top right looks like a fresh cut. Did you make SL and then get a new style? Your hair looks pretty in all of the pictures.

:giggle: Seamonster, you must be tired because she explained. Three of the pics are from 2012. Bottom right was today. Yes she was past CBL in April 2012 then she got a cut the same day she took first pic to what you see top right. She BC'd again late last year (bottom left) and is now just making SL (bottom right).

Last edited:
I see his thread started but I would like to follow along. Shoulder length is my goal for this year. I am not relaxed and I am currently wearing a weave. I intend to wear weaves the majority of this year. I tend to have the most retention when I leave my hair alone for long periods of time. I know my hair type is 4 but when it comes to the sub-categories I am lost. I do know I have a combination of medium and fine strands and that my hair requires protein often.

Back