SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Alright so I used the Acai Berry Phyto con dish by Hairveda and it was nice. It has like a berry smell to it lol hence the name berry in it. It is kind of a thick consistency like a lotion I guess. It has a little bit of slip but I did use it right after I rinsed my hendigo out so maybe without the treatment it would have offered more slip. After that I dc'd with YAM dc from BASK and it is heavenly. It's very sticky consistency just like honey and thick but once you apply to the hair it melts right in. Almost sort of has a light foam to it once applied. A little does go a long way bc of this. I left it in for about an hour. It left my hair feeling so good and moist. I then applied whipped ends by Hairveda and sealed with the Jardin oil which were both good. I did a wash n go so after that I applied puttyful anti gel by HQ and and smoothed it through. Then diffused until 80% dry on med and low heat. Pics attached of my results. My hair looks even fuller today bc I massaged my scalp last night after applying my NJoy oil and it lifted my roots. Came out very lovely but no pics of today's hair. The first pic is when I was applying products. Sorry if the other shots aren't too great I was in the car at my dd school and taking the pics myself shm.

ForumRunner_20130507_163947.jpg

ForumRunner_20130507_164020.jpg

ForumRunner_20130507_164041.jpg

ForumRunner_20130507_164115.jpg

just did a wet length check. i'll hit NL at the nape in 4 months, so by September. I think I may actually hit SL by the end of this year if I maintain length!

Snapshot_20130507_1.JPG

Last edited:
That's great Naija. I'm with you HPG, hoping for full shoulder length by December. I also joined the 12 inches in 12 months challenge if I can accomplish that woo hoo. To be honest I'll be happy with any growth with no setbacks.

Alright so I used the Acai Berry Phyto con dish by Hairveda and it was nice. It has like a berry smell to it lol hence the name berry in it. It is kind of a thick consistency like a lotion I guess. It has a little bit of slip but I did use it right after I rinsed my hendigo out so maybe without the treatment it would have offered more slip. After that I dc'd with YAM dc from BASK and it is heavenly. It's very sticky consistency just like honey and thick but once you apply to the hair it melts right in. Almost sort of has a light foam to it once applied. A little does go a long way bc of this. I left it in for about an hour. It left my hair feeling so good and moist. I then applied whipped ends by Hairveda and sealed with the Jardin oil which were both good. I did a wash n go so after that I applied puttyful anti gel by HQ and and smoothed it through. Then diffused until 80% dry on med and low heat. Pics attached of my results. My hair looks even fuller today bc I massaged my scalp last night after applying my NJoy oil and it lifted my roots. Came out very lovely but no pics of today's hair. The first pic is when I was applying products. Sorry if the other shots aren't too great I was in the car at my dd school and taking the pics myself shm.

I seriously love your hair! I have to do a rod set to achieve these curls and you wake up with it! I wish I could play in your hair!

I seriously love your hair! I have to do a rod set to achieve these curls and you wake up with it! I wish I could play in your hair!

Lol you had be giggling and my hubby just looking at me crazy. Thank you for the compliment. I have actually tried a rod set before using straws from McDonalds...

pretty curls :lick:

View attachment 208053

View attachment 208055

View attachment 208057

View attachment 208059
HairPleezeGrow ooh look at those curlz! The look very defined, healthy and shiny!

Man, idk if I should relax this month or do a crochet install and leave it alone til August... I feel like its shorter than I want it to be to start rollersetting but if I do crochet installs for the summer I will end up stretching for 8 months! Idk if its worth it... I don't want my hair to break off but I want more time with this Njoy growth oil... oy vey what to do, what to do, what to do???

Man, idk if I should relax this month or do a crochet install and leave it alone til August... I feel like its shorter than I want it to be to start rollersetting but if I do crochet installs for the summer I will end up stretching for 8 months! Idk if its worth it... I don't want my hair to break off but I want more time with this Njoy growth oil... oy vey what to do, what to do, what to do???

Can you stretch until you feel like you need to relax? What's the longest you have stretched? I think if you make sure to wash and dc your hair while in the crochets and keep it moistened you should be okay. But only you know your hair and how much it can handle. Have you tried a roller set to see if you like it? I wish I could roller set. Mines have been big fails. I will give a go again one day.

Even though I made a separate thread for my one year update I figured I should post my updates here too :)

ForumRunner_20130508_204143.jpg

ForumRunner_20130508_204244.jpg

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Can you stretch until you feel like you need to relax? What's the longest you have stretched? I think if you make sure to wash and dc your hair while in the crochets and keep it moistened you should be okay. But only you know your hair and how much it can handle. Have you tried a roller set to see if you like it? I wish I could roller set. Mines have been big fails. I will give a go again one day.

My longest stretch has been 6 months. I haven't done a rollerset yet because I don't want to manipulate my NG like that. I think I could make it 2.5 more months if I leave it alone. But me and my SO are tired of the plaits and hats all the time... plus I already have all the relaxer supplies but I need to buy the crochet supplies.

Babygrowth
Ive been thinking of doing a crochet with kankoleon (sp?) hair and then flat ironing but not for Mother's Day. What kind of hair do you use? I feel like that would be a cheap and fairly easy style for at least two weeks.

I usually wear my hair out and this would be a good protective style. Im 6 weeks post today. Its getting hard to tell the texturized hair from the new growth so I may need to stretch longer than 12 weeks

If you do the crochets be sure to post some pics

Last edited:
Ohhh All this talk of crochets. Been flirting with the idea myself the last couple weeks. Might splurge and do it either this or next week...hmm..

I did my daughter's some crochets a couple months ago with crochets that look like sengelese (sp?) twists. It came out really nice. I may do it again when they start back school in fall.

Babygrowth
Ive been thinking of doing a crochet with kankoleon (sp?) hair and then flat ironing but not for Mother's Day. What kind of hair do you use? I feel like that would be a cheap and fairly easy style for at least two weeks.

I usually wear my hair out and this would be a good protective style. Im 6 weeks post today. Its getting hard to tell the texturized hair from the new growth so I may need to stretch longer than 12 weeks

If you do the crochets be sure to post some pics

I want to use a deep wave/gogo curl type of hair. And I want it long! I will definitely post pics! 12 weeks for me is when I can start to tell the ng from the previously relaxed hair so then I stretch further just for the heck of it...

:lol: mshoneyfly!

I had crochets pretty much all of last fall and half winter.

I switched to corkscrew-like human hair installs.I do it myself and for others. Takes like 5 hours for others and all day for myself! lol Since I got fine hair, 2 weeks is about all my hair can take before it starts breaking along the part and I have to leave my edges out or they begin to vanish. I let it breathe for a week or so between installs.

Excellent retention!

Haven't updated in a while but I'm still aiming for shoulder length. Attached are pics of my hair today. I have been wiggin it since the beginning of time, lol. I will continue to do so as long as it's working for me. I've mainly been using Shescentit products and liquid gold oil.

Attachments

• Camera(35) (1).jpg
    Camera(35) (1).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Camera(54) (1).jpg
    Camera(54) (1).jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Omg I love your puff I wish my hair would do that :'(

Haven't updated in a while but I'm still aiming for shoulder length. Attached are pics of my hair today. I have been wiggin it since the beginning of time, lol. I will continue to do so as long as it's working for me. I've mainly been using Shescentit products and liquid gold oil.

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Guess what y'all??? I forgot I had some braiding hair in my closet from my failed attempts of senegalese twists soooooo y'all KNOW what that means right?!? I'm bout to get my crochet on! Its going down this weekend! All I need is a tool and that's cheap enough that I can get it today! I'm excited y'all! Can you tell? Wish me luck!

Guess what y'all??? I forgot I had some braiding hair in my closet from my failed attempts of senegalese twists soooooo y'all KNOW what that means right?!? I'm bout to get my crochet on! Its going down this weekend! All I need is a tool and that's cheap enough that I can get it today! I'm excited y'all! Can you tell? Wish me luck!

Babygrowth

Good Luck! Cant wait to see pics. I wish I had time to do mine this weekend...thats okay, next weekend for me. Just a roller set for Mothers Day

Back