SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Late to the party.
I tried to go natural and I did the BC leaving myself with half an inch of hair. Six months later I decided to go back to the relaxer. Time is the biggest reason I'm giving up my quest for natural hair but I'm sure I'll be more successful in the future.

So my hair is about 3 inches long all over except a little bit of breakage in my crown.

I'm attempting to protective style using a sew in weave that I did myself. Again that is about time restraints. I can finish a weave in a few hours but doing my own micro braids take a week or two depending on my work schedule. Since I'm not spending $160 every 6-8weeks... Sew in time!

I just bought prenatal vitamins and biotin yesterday. I'm NOT pregnant but planning to try in six months.

My goal is to PS all year and this winter get a nice cut and style. I'm using a lye relaxer this time around. I'm thinking I can stretch my relaxers to 12-16 weeks between touch ups.

Excited! I'm bout to go treat myself to a nice deep condition and flat iron.
Welcome! A few of us myself included have done that as well! Stretching is easier once youve been natural. I can go 18 to 20weeks with no issues!

I had never done one so I'm not sure. Maybe cowash and dc?
Yes what she said! Moisturize that hair! BeautifullyExotic

Welcome! A few of us myself included have done that as well! Stretching is easier once youve been natural. I can go 18 to 20weeks with no issues!

Yes what she said! Moisturize that hair! BeautifullyExotic

Lol. I've attempted to go natural on 4 or 5 occasions sometimes I'd make it six months. Sometimes 8 or 9 months.

I can't figure out if I'm fantastic at stretching a relaxer or if I just suck at going natural. I'm hoping it might be easier if my hair is longer during my transition. My inability to just wear a bun to work after my BC was irritating. I guess I'll find out in a few years. Right now I'm going to put a note in my calendar so I can check the effects of this biotin I'm taking. I like to be precise :-)

So I had high hopes to see a major change between January's photo and today I had my hair pressed last night so I'll just use that photo as my 4/1 check in.

I didn't notice much difference in my hair either but it does appear thicker. I want length!!! I had a dusting scheduled for May but I'm going to wait until June when I do my touchup and then instead of doing it every 8-10 weeks I will do them with 12-16weeks. I was focusing on root work cutting with the lunar calendar but now I'm going to focus on length!

I didn't notice much difference in my hair either but it does appear thicker. I want length!!! I had a dusting scheduled for May but I'm going to wait until June when I do my touchup and then instead of doing it every 8-10 weeks I will do them with 12-16weeks. I was focusing on root work cutting with the lunar calendar but now I'm going to focus on length!

Agreed, I was cutting with the farmers almanac. No more. The lady that did my hair said my hair looks bigger and fuller which means the hair is gearing up for the growth cycle. Never heard that before so we'll see for the next check in.

Agreed, I was cutting with the farmers almanac. No more. The lady that did my hair said my hair looks bigger and fuller which means the hair is gearing up for the growth cycle. Never heard that before so we'll see for the next check in.

I saw somewhere that thickness is before length so let's go with that! Lol!

Same ol, same ol going on here. I'm a little over 8 weeks post.
  • Co-wash mid week
  • Poo on Saturday alternating between Sulfate & Sulfate free
  • DC 2X a week
  • M&S with E-QP Mango Butter & Olive Oil before I do cornrows & then every day with S-Curl on Cornrows.
I would like to do a Protein treatment this Saturday since I keep my hair in cornrows so I'll go ahead & clarify beforehand & then a moisturizing DC afterwards. Guess I'll catch up on my reading challenge while I DC. :spinning:

I think I will wash on Saturday and take my length check pics. I'm probably the top of neck length straightened. I think I am just shy of the top of neck length stretched. So I have 5" to reach neck length.

Last edited:
I've been out of town (on business/visiting family) so my routine's been a little off --DC didn't happen. I just got back this morning. I'm feeling some new growth, which has me excited. I'll be 5 weeks post tomorrow. My mom complimented my hair yesterday, which is BIG because she doesn't like straight hair! When I was visited in January she made it clear that she didn't think my hair is complimentary. My sister pin curled my hair for an event and asked what have I been doing because "it doesn't feel real" I asked what she meant, she said it feels "much thicker and is shiny like weave or wig hair". I guess that's a good thing. I didn't think my hair was thick or felt strong. I don't notice any difference.

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE SL IS?!? :(

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Take your left hand and put it on your right shoulder, then run your hand down your back until your feel the top of your shoulder blade. That is SL.

You will know it's your shoulder blade because when you roll your shoulder you will feel it go up and down.

I think I will wash on Saturday and take my length check pics. I'm probably the top of neck length straightened. I think I am just shy of the top of neck length stretched. So I have 5" to reach neck length.

I will do the same. I have super NG and super shrinkage so I will do it while its wet and stretched...

Take your left hand and put it on your right shoulder, then run your hand down your back until your feel the top of your shoulder blade. That is SL.

You will know it's your shoulder blade because when you roll your shoulder you will feel it go up and down.

Top of my scapula eh?

:look:

*feels around. Slowly walks out of thread and runs back to twa*

Air dried last night and straightened this morning with the flat iron using chi silk infusion as a heat protectant. Do you think I made SL yet? :spinning:

Attachments

• March 29 length check.JPG
    March 29 length check.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
[USER=95107 said:
Mz.MoMo5235[/USER];18148555]Top of my scapula eh?

:look:

*feels around. Slowly walks out of thread and runs back to twa*

Girl get back in here. Your hair is longer than mine. You can make it. We still have 8 months left :yep:

Air dried last night and straightened this morning with the flat iron using chi silk infusion as a heat protectant. Do you think I made SL yet? :spinning:

I can't really tell where SL is on you. If I had to guess I would say you need about 2", but I am guessing. You are close though.

I finally ended my 26 week stretch and got a TU! It was a beautiful thing to feel my scalp with a light tap instead of wrestling with my ng. I guess ill post pics in april for our first check in progress pics.

Ok....

My name is Mz. Mo Mo and I suffer from hair anorexia.

*takes seat with low head*

I would like to join your challenge. Positive thoughts and positive people are just as important to hair growth as diet, technique, and milk!

Let me know what you need of me if I am welcomed ^_^

Hi everyone, doing my early check in. First photo is January's original submission. Hopefully my hair grows down instead of out by the next check in :perplexed

Attachments

• image-3861862523.jpg
    image-3861862523.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2842527513.jpg
    image-2842527513.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back