Sista With Real Hair Is Tailbone Lenght

What does a softer hair texture journey entail?

It entails taking vitamin and making drinks that is conducive to for increase sebum and softer hair growth. When I first went natural I took msm and biotin and noticed my hair was still the same curl pattern but stronger with less kinks which meant less breakage. I had not made the association to the msm and stopped taking it.

Right now I am testing out the phytocap energy by itself and I am slowly noticing the texture change in my roots. My new growth is growing out much softer. I have also cut my hair to give my body time to have the vitamin in my system.

I am of the opinion that not all afro-textured hair is created equal and some hair are breakage prone/coarser than others and need an extra boost. So I am essentially acting like a guinea pig and documenting it.

Last edited:
It's true...hence why I am on a softer hair texture journey, rather than a growth journey. I have no issue with hair growth my problem is retention. It's a fact people dont want to accept openly because it opens up the good hair vs bad hair debate.

Women with tighter/coarser hair textures in the kinky hair category have to work harder when it comes to hair retention than those with softer hair textures. That being said, it is not free reign to fry/dye/lye your hair as you please.

ETA: That is not my hair in the avvy
It's genetics not hair texture. many 4c on youtube with waistlength hair like "naturally high" due to genes not texture. also thickness of strands

It's genetics not hair texture. many 4c on youtube with waistlength hair like "naturally high" due to genes not texture. also thickness of strands

4c is the curl pattern...i am speaking of hair texture of strands which is different.
My hair is 4ab but very coarse. I have touched hair of people with much tighter curls than mine and their hair was a lot of softer/pliable.

I believe genetics can be changed slightly with the right diet because i have already experienced it.

I am not looking to change type 4 hair to a type 3 i want softer type 4 hair which I think is attainable.

4c is the curl pattern...i am speaking of hair texture of strands which is different.
My hair is 4ab but very coarse. I have touched hair of people with much tighter curls than mine and their hair was a lot of softer/pliable.

I believe genetics can be changed slightly with the right diet because i have already experienced it.

I am not looking to change type 4 hair to a type 3 i want softer type 4 hair which I think is attainable.
Oh, I see. Yeah I notice that despite having same coils kinky pattern, two heads of hair can feel very different.

But wouldn't coarse strands be more "durable?"

Oh, I see. Yeah I notice that despite having same coils kinky pattern, two heads of hair can feel very different.

But wouldn't coarse strands be more "durable?"

Good question ...i used the word coarse to mean rough to touch.

But i know that it is used to mean thick strands.

Last edited:
What I have noticed is that most of the YT vloggers with healthy, long natural hair do not have their hair colored. I only see a small patch of color in this video. I am starting to think I need to let the color go. My hair is definitely growing but the ends are always dry. I think the color is a factor.

It also depends if bleach is involved and/or if its perm or semi-perm. Utubers, glamtwinz have TBL and they both color their hair.

She got a few things done. I think her eyes and her nose. She has a video on her plastic surgery on her channel.

Love her hair but I couldn't even attempt half of what she does without major damage.

She did!!! I just looked at one of her old videos and compared to her new ones, she got a very nice and discreet nose job.

Do you know which video she talks about her plastic surgery. I've been trying to find it but haven't been successful.

She got a few things done. I think her eyes and her nose. She has a video on her plastic surgery on her channel.

Love her hair but I couldn't even attempt half of what she does without major damage.
She does have a video addressing what people were speculating but she said she hasn't had anything done. She looks the exact same as always to me lol

She did!!! I just looked at one of her old videos and compared to her new ones, she got a very nice and discreet nose job.

Do you know which video she talks about her plastic surgery. I've been trying to find it but haven't been successful.
It's very recent unless she took it down. She doesn't talk about her plastic surgery because she says she hasn't had any. She's mainly pulling up comments of people asking if she did.

ETA she must've took it down cuz I don't see it. I did watch it though.

Last edited:
It's true...hence why I am on a softer hair texture journey, rather than a growth journey. I have no issue with hair growth my problem is retention. It's a fact people dont want to accept openly because it opens up the good hair vs bad hair debate.

Women with tighter/coarser hair textures in the kinky hair category have to work harder when it comes to hair retention than those with softer hair textures. That being said, it is not free reign to fry/dye/lye your hair as you please.

ETA: That is not my hair in the avvy
Softer hair like fine hair? My hair is fine but it is not durable at all. I would rather have more coarse, thicker strands.

It's very recent unless she took it down. She doesn't talk about her plastic surgery because she says she hasn't had any. She's mainly pulling up comments of people asking if she did.

ETA she must've took it down cuz I don't see it. I did watch it though.

I think she did take it down. I remember seeing a video up that was labeled plastic surgery talk, but now I don't see it. I wonder why she took it down

I think she did take it down. I remember seeing a video up that was labeled plastic surgery talk, but now I don't see it. I wonder why she took it down

She definitely did something to her face. She clearly looks different. Don't see what the big deal is...why deny it seems to the popular thing to do nowadays.

The struggle is only real if you think using their techniques will get you there.

And personally, I think hair strands that are super tight and coily to protect the scalp from uv rays in the land of milk and honey are way more "durable"... but then again I may be wrong. nonetheless, congrats to her! I'm waiting for my kinky fro to be that long and enjoying the journey. god bless

I agree because 22ndCentryNatural or whatever her name is, is far more of a unicorn in terms of her hair length and thickness and growth rate. She basically grew her hair from TWA to TBL in about 4 years and her hair is kinky coily. She herself stresses knowing what to do for YOUR hair.

What I have noticed is that most of the YT vloggers with healthy, long natural hair do not have their hair colored. I only see a small patch of color in this video. I am starting to think I need to let the color go. My hair is definitely growing but the ends are always dry. I think the color is a factor.

my hair has been colored for almost a year and has grown and retained very nicely which I believe is due to olaplex. I use heat 2-3 times a month which I am trying to cut down, but I have no breakage or dead ends at all really. I keep my hair braided or in a bun most of the time.

I agree because 22ndCentryNatural or whatever her name is, is far more of a unicorn in terms of her hair length and thickness and growth rate. She basically grew her hair from TWA to TBL in about 4 years and her hair is kinky coily. She herself stresses knowing what to do for YOUR hair.

Right! for the longest I thought my kinky 4b/4c was difficult and that they had it easier but now I see thats because I was trying to treat mine like they did. I tried learning from them instead of from people with my own texture because I didnt like how their styles looked. Once I cut out brushes (tried being like the type 3 chicks with that denman brush crap for too long), learned how to wash in sections and found the proper moisturizer, my hair became so easy and I retain great. Heat can be used on thick strands of any texture so I see no advantage to having looser texture in that regard. If she had fine strands she wouldnt be able to do those things with her texture and retain, but she would be able to with a kinkier texture and thick strands. So I agree its about strand thickness more than texture like someone said above.

Long story short, I love love love kinky hair and when you treat it right its easier to manage (in my opinion) because wash day doesn't come often since our scalps tend to be less oily. If you want thicker strands just eat bovine gelatin, and you can combat the extra tangling that comes with kinkier textures by washing in twisted sections.

Happy growing :)

Last edited:
:lachen:

The bolded made me LOL

But to those people's defense, maybe claiming the 3 strands at TBL is a way to convince the other strands to hurry and catch up? :)

I remember a thread years ago where someone said her hair was Teflon coated lol. Since then that's what I refer to her as Teflon coated sista.

She would have been tailbone years ago if she didn't keep cutting her hair. She really does have a nice head of hair and is genuinely tailbone length. Not like some people who claim tailbone when only 3 strands of hair are.

My hair grows faster, is longer and more durable than my sister with curlier hair.

My hair is very durable and has taken abuse in the past.

If my diet changes, water intake lessens or I get the blues, then my hair reflects it.

I think it comes down to your regimen and your thoughts about kinky coily hair. There are several kinky coily hair girls whose hair is MLB, WL, HL and TBL in the same amount of time as this lady.

I already know that I'm going to get LHCF-yelled at but ...
it seems that folks with straight, wavy and/or curly hair have more durable
and faster growing hair. The struggle is real and continues for those of us who are kinky coily.

Not true at all. It not the hair type it is the density. Fine hair is more delicate than coarse hair. Fine haired type 3 and 4s have issues retaining length while coarse haired type 3 and 4s can get away with all kinds of hair no-nos. The worst issue is for fine haired type 4s because with it being kinky people think its tough when in fact its very fragile. I am a fine haired 3c that has issues with retention. People blow off my hair struggles because I am perceived as "good haired", SMH! It is imperative that people learn that density is different than thickness. Density, thickness and porosity can play a role in hair care more so than curl type/pattern.

I already know that I'm going to get LHCF-yelled at but ...
it seems that folks with straight, wavy and/or curly hair have more durable
and faster growing hair. The struggle is real and continues for those of us who are kinky coily.

Back