Anyone grow bsl hair with weaves ???????

I'mma post this question here, too, just in case no one saw it in the other thread:

Are you able to use growth aids like BT with your weaves?

Thanks again,

SP ;)

P.S. Darn, I could try to New York to see Reniece, but sounds like she's busy. I wish someone could recommend a good stylist in D.C.:wallbash:

ETA: I just found out that her salon is in Rockville, MD. She's essentially my neighbor! :clapping: However, she is not taking any new clients and is already booked with clients from a waiting list. :( I'mma email her anyway to see if she can recommend someone good in this area.

I had three sew-ins by Reniece. I went from SL to top of my bra strap. I highly recommend her-I am no longer rocking the weave cause the travel was getting expensive but if I lived closer to D.C., I would definitely be there all the time.

I used BT with my sew in. I just squirted a little between the tracks. Just make sure you don't get the BT on the hair-aim for your scalp.

Not a problem chica!:) I think the urge to cut comes and goes though. Right now I need to braid up my hair because I am soooo tempted to cut!

I think as long as you dc with every take down and keep your hair oiled so the weave hair/tracks don't rub it off, you should be fine.;)

This is why I had mine taken out finally. I wanted to keep it in longer but didn't want to test my luck....LOL. My hair truly stayed healthy and is still healthy now. I'd say it is healthier even than it was before the weave and that weave was my very first one. I had also planned to get a sewn in for 12 weeks every year until I reached my goal of BSL but I'm not sure now. I thought I would have the urge to cut (which is why I got a sewn in to begin with..to hide my hair to keep from cutting it)...but I don't have that urge at all since it's almost APL now. I guess you have to get past that awkward stage in order to curb the desire to cut:yep:. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Back