Sista With Real Hair Is Tailbone Lenght

oh wow I don't even want to look. I feel as if her hair is similar to mine but she's so ahead of me :cry3:

one thing that I could never do is skip washing for like a month at a time as she does. My scalp would be in awful condition. I have issues even before one week is up. For that reason alone ( because i prefer straight styles) i feel as i may never reach my potential.

I remember a thread years ago where someone said her hair was Teflon coated lol. Since then that's what I refer to her as Teflon coated sista.

She would have been tailbone years ago if she didn't keep cutting her hair. She really does have a nice head of hair and is genuinely tailbone length. Not like some people who claim tailbone when only 3 strands of hair are.

I watched one of her videos over 2 years ago where she said to double up on heat protectants. To use 2 different types and I never had problems with heat damage again. I'm a heat straightened natural.
I thought she used NO heat protectants and felt a good deep conditioning was enough of a heat protectant...
so which is it :lol:?

in the end i doubt it even matters. she has strong hair and would probably have very long healthy hair even if she abused it. some people just have durable hair.

I thought she used NO heat protectants and felt a good deep conditioning was enough of a heat protectant...
so which is it :lol:?

in the end i doubt it even matters. she has strong hair and would probably have very long healthy hair even if she abused it. some people just have durable hair.

I think she stopped because it was weighting her hair down. I'm a fine haired 4C, so the weighting down is no problem for me.

so which is it :lol:
?

She did say that. And that she just used grapeseed oil in another video. I admired her unicorn hair because I cannot get away with that.

I already know that I'm going to get LHCF-yelled at but ...
it seems that folks with straight, wavy and/or curly hair have more durable
and faster growing hair. The struggle is real and continue for those of us who are kinky coily.

The struggle is only real if you think using their techniques will get you there.

And personally, I think hair strands that are super tight and coily to protect the scalp from uv rays in the land of milk and honey are way more "durable"... but then again I may be wrong. nonetheless, congrats to her! I'm waiting for my kinky fro to be that long and enjoying the journey. god bless

I watched one of her videos over 2 years ago where she said to double up on heat protectants. To use 2 different types and I never had problems with heat damage again. I'm a heat straightened natural.
What 2 do you use? Please spill:gorgeous:

and faster growing hair. The struggle is real and continue for those of us who are kinky coily.
You shouldn't get yelled at. My daughter at 7 is a prime example. I don't do all the hoopla or protective style as mine and she's been tailbone since 4. It's just facts.

tumblr_o0g4u58qBy1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

and faster growing hair. The struggle is real and continues for those of us who are kinky coily.

It's true...hence why I am on a softer hair texture journey, rather than a growth journey. I have no issue with hair growth my problem is retention. It's a fact people dont want to accept openly because it opens up the good hair vs bad hair debate.

Women with tighter/coarser hair textures in the kinky hair category have to work harder when it comes to hair retention than those with softer hair textures. That being said, it is not free reign to fry/dye/lye your hair as you please.

ETA: That is not my hair in the avvy

It's true...hence why I am on a softer hair texture journey, rather than a growth journey. I have no issue with hair growth my problem is retention. It's a fact people dont want to accept openly because it opens up the good hair vs bad hair debate.

Women with tighter/coarser hair textures in the kinky hair category have to work harder when it comes to hair retention than those with softer hair textures. That being said, it is not free reign to fry/dye/lye your hair as you please.

ETA: That is not my hair in the avvy
What does a softer hair texture journey entail?

Back