Singles author Michelle McKinney Hammond--no longer single!!!

i started reading some of her books when i was 22. at that time in my life it was really useful. definitely learned something valuable.

i wish her all the best!

whats her story? was she married before and then divorced? widowed?

Nope, never married and no children. I believe she dated a lot before she was saved, including a very famous rock star that she says people would know (although she's never revealed his name). Then she got saved and stopped living a certain way. She still dated but I don't think she's been in a serious relationship for over 20 years.

I am so very happy for her. I have seen her in conferences. She's really motivational and her testimony is inspiring. I know that she will prosper in this new venture/season of life.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using SCH-R915

i was also thinking, as I watched how happy she looked that i really hope this man doesn't embarrass her. I always feel that way when I know a woman who uproots where she is in part b/c she believes she is going to be married.

OT: i've never been to Ghana but if I had to uproot and go to another country Ghana or Nigeria would be one of my top choices.

Congrats to her!! I love her books. I just hope it doesn't take me 20 yrs to meet my Boaz. That is some patience!

You know my mom said something interesting when I told her about this. She said sometimes people live their life a certain way to prove a point, whether consciously or unconsciously......

Good for her! Twenty years single is better than twenty years in several, meaningless, disastrous relationships OR waiting for your 'play husband' to marry you after all that time.

So... Michelle is single again. Her Facebook status today:

Now that my status is back to single. I am led to conclude...Relationships are like onions-- many layers to peel back, gets stronger the closer you get to the center, can really stink, can make you cry, but always, always adds flavor to your life. A little goes a long way. Wear glasses or hold a match between your teeth to avoid unnecessary tears :) A little clarity is always good in any situation whether you like what you see or not 'cause it will save you if you follow what you know. Heres to committing to love no matter what y'all, if at first you don't succeed, try , try again. No fears, no regrets... http://blog.michellehammond.com/?p=46

Belle Du Jour danibeeja_gyal Chrissy811 Raspberry

Last edited:
^^Oh man, this is really sad. She was giving me hope, lemme go read what happened.

ETA: Looks like she wants to keep things private which I understand. I wonder if she'll keep living in Ghana.

Last edited:
She also said this after getting a lot of comments:

Michelle McKinney Hammond: "Thanks everyone. Trust me I am fine with it. At is why it is important to be a happy single before you have a relationship. I am not moving backwards, I am stepping up and it helps to feel your love. You are the hands that empower me to go to the next level"

^^Oh man, this is really sad. She was giving me hope, lemme go read what happened.

ETA: Looks like she wants to keep things private which I understand. I wonder if she'll keep living in Ghana.

She doesn't say but she does have the business to run...

wow... well life is definitely a journey that's for sure. I pray that God gives her clarity in her situation and provides healing as well.

i had a feeling when i saw this thread bumped that the news would be negative based on her backstory and how they got together. sad for her but she has a great attitude. better sooner than later

Twenty years?!! Im hoping she dated here and there throughout that time, it seems so longgg.
I am happy for her, and hope she gets and stays married for 40+ years.

lovealways, I have read a few of her books, they are pretty good especially: If Men are like Buses, How do I catch Mine. I believe that is my favorite one. I haven't read any of them in a while but they are good reading

Back