Singles author Michelle McKinney Hammond--no longer single!!!

Belle Du Jour

Meet_Michelle_3.jpg

I think most people are familiar with Michelle McKinney Hammond. She's written over 30 books (many of them have been about being single from a Christian perspective). She also has done conferences, cruises, workshops, etc. Her whole message is live well, even if the man doesn't come along.

Well, after over 20 years of being single, she met her "Boaz." To make a long story short, her father died, she traveled back and forth to Ghana to settle his affairs and she developed a relationship with a man who she knew from before who was close to her father. She's now living in Ghana.

Here's a video where she talks about the relationship (around 6:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkGCEyFYAI

Here's a video where she shows him on camera:
http://vimeo.com/27944981

So I just want to encourage those of us who have been waiting forever!!! You never know what God has in store :yep:

I am so happy I went to her conference this year and she was talking about finding her Boaz!!! But 20 years....thats some real faith there!!

Thank. God.

Seriously. It was getting depressing walking past her smiling face on those Happy Sanctified Singles books. Not saying they don't have their place but .... just saying.

Now Carolyn McCollugh needs to get married..fa real fa real

Thank. God.

Seriously. It was getting depressing walking past her smiling face on those Happy Sanctified Singles books. Not saying they don't have their place but .... just saying.

Now Carolyn McCollugh needs to get married..fa real fa real

Girl, I hear you! I had to put her books aside at one point even though I've always gotten something from them. And I've picked them back up again. :yep: I love that she kept it together and stayed fabulous through her single season. If her story isn't a testimony I don't know what is.

Nice videos...I didn't watch all of the first video. I'm happy for her. I've only read one of her books {The Diva Principle...} which another member mentioned a several years ago and it was really good....it wasn't necessarily about being the single Christian...which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. There was another book of hers that I had....can't remember it but it talked about being blessed and highly favored....couldn't really get into that one.

Wow good for her! I remember meeting her at a convention. Glad she held out for her Boaz and refused to settle for anything less. Here's hoping that I may do the same....

Thanks for sharing OP, I've only seen some youtube videos that featured her, never read one of her books. I've put them on my wish list now on amazon.

Never heard of this woman or her books but is the guy getting a green card out of all of this? Don't want to see her end up like Terry McMillan. Her being single for so long would make her a perfect target for that type of predator.

I've never heard of her before but I do like something about her spiirit.

But I hope she is renting and not selling that home.

Wow she inherited two businesses and two homes in Ghana when her father died...plus a husband. What an incredible and challenging life change. Ill be interested in how she navigates all of this in the coming years, hopefully she writes about it.

One thing I do admire about women like Michelle is how they've really maximized their time and talents. Married or not, most women don't live such incredibly full lives..

Last edited:
Wow she inherited two businesses and two homes in Ghana when her father died...plus a husband. What an incredible and challenging life change. Ill be interested in how she navigates all of this in the coming years, hopefully she writes about it.

One thing I do admire about women like Michelle is how they've really maximized their time and talents. Married or not, most women don't live such incredibly full lives..

Bolded for emphasis. This is what it's all about. :yep: I try to live like this to the best of my ability. And if/when I meet my husband, I'll have stories to tell him about my single adventures. :yep:

Never heard of her, but I will pick up one of her books.

Check your local library too. They may have many of her books. Since they have different styles, you can see if you like them before you buy.

Also, she has DVDs and downloadable videos on her website that I highly recommend.

Meet_Michelle_3.jpg

I think most people are familiar with Michelle McKinney Hammond. She's written over 30 books (many of them have been about being single from a Christian perspective). She also has done conferences, cruises, workshops, etc. Her whole message is live well, even if the man doesn't come along.

Well, after over 20 years of being single, she met her "Boaz." To make a long story short, her father died, she traveled back and forth to Ghana to settle his affairs and she developed a relationship with a man who she knew from before who was close to her father. She's now living in Ghana.

Here's a video where she shows him on camera:
http://vimeo.com/27944981

So I just want to encourage those of us who have been waiting forever!!! You never know what God has in store :yep:

Bless her heart. I could say a more about this Ruth/Boaz paradigm/racket/phenomenon, but.......whatever. It's been very lucrative for her and I believe her heart has been in the right place for the most part -- and most importantly it's what people want to hear. So, all the best to her. She finally got her "happy" ending.

I've never been interested in reading any of her books, but I am happy to see that she found love again after 20 years.

Back