Side Swept Layers?

Aireen

Does anyone have a picture for side swept layers? I'm trying to describe layers that are on the sides that you can run your fingers through to push them back but allow the hair to ripple back into place, they also provide body. I've tried searching Google but didn't see anything to fit what I wanted a picture of; does anyone have some type of reference for what I'm trying to describe? If the pictures include a bang and/or side part that would be perfect. Thank you in advance. :grin:

Last edited:
i dont really get it, but this is what it looks like in my head
kerry-washington-hairstyle.jpg

i dont really get it, but this is what it looks like in my head

Somewhat but on shorter hair and more layers on the side. :( Thank you for trying though. I'll still keep that picture for reference and try to explain to my hairdresser if I can't find something else.

did you see someone with them, or did you just envision what you want the style to look like in your head?

Here are some pics from 2007. My hair was layered and shorter. I used to run my fingers through it when I wanted my layers to pop. I'm not sure if this is what you meant though. I don't have any good pictures of the front, but I wore my bang feathered/layered and swooped. I Hope I helped.

2007Hair3.jpg

2007Hair2.jpg

2007Hair.jpg

Here are some pics from 2007. My hair was layered and shorter. I used to run my fingers through it when I wanted my layers to pop. I'm not sure if this is what you meant though. I don't have any good pictures of the front, but I wore my bang feathered/layered and swooped. I Hope I helped.

2007Hair.jpg
Oooh, girl! Beautiful hair, gorgeous style! Very pretty color, too. I love eye candy.

Aireen, was anyone able to help?

^^^Yeah, it sounds more like feathering.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! :grin: Now I know the term!

Lovelylady2007, do you mind if I show one picture to my hairdresser? It's totally fine if you don't want me to, I just want to provide her with a visual so she doesn't mess up my head. I can blur your face and destroy your the photograph afterward if that helps. BTW, love your colour! Were you relaxed or natural at the time? Did you use a semi-permanent colour?

Last edited:
Oooh, girl! Beautiful hair, gorgeous style! Very pretty color, too. I love eye candy.

Aireen, was anyone able to help?

Yes! Everyone was a great help even if they didn't have what I was looking for, they tried and kept my thread alive. :grin: Lovelylady2007's beautiful head of hair was the perfect representation of what I was going for though! :yep:

I knew exactly what you were talking about. It's a lady at church whose hair is always beautiful like that. I love how the layers are very distinct and noticeable

I knew exactly what you were talking about. It's a lady at church whose hair is always beautiful like that. I love how the layers are very distinct and noticeable

Yes agreed! :grin: I've always had thinner sides while the back was thicker and I'm hoping that if @Lovelylady2007 allows me to use her pictures as a reference my hairdresser will be able to mimic her cut on my hair to give the illusion of thicker sides on my hair.

LOL im an idiot. You already have it.

*nb quietely exits thread*

Nonono! The more pictures the better! I like your layers too! Your hair is gorgeous! I'm APL so I think using both pictures will give my hairdresser a better idea of what to do. I love my stylist but she cannot cut hair at all. :look: Do you mind if I use your picture to show her what I'm trying to explain as well?

Nonono! The more pictures the better! I like your layers too! Your hair is gorgeous! I'm APL so I think using both pictures will give my hairdresser a better idea of what to do. I love my stylist but she cannot cut hair at all. :look: Do you mind if I use your picture to show her what I'm trying to explain as well?

LOL I posted my pic....
then read the rest of the responses. I was like... :look:
Thanks Love.

And I cut my own hair in layers...I trust no one near my head. Can't remember the last time I got my hair done...its literally been years. :nono:

Make sure to post some pics when you get it done, Gorgeous!

LOL I posted my pic....
then read the rest of the responses. I was like... :look:
Thanks Love.

And I cut my own hair in layers...I trust no one near my head. Can't remember the last time I got my hair done...its literally been years. :nono:

Make sure to post some pics when you get it done, Gorgeous!

Haha, please ignore my PM then! :look:

Thanks again for your picture! I would cut my own hair but with me being clumsy that's a NONO. :nono:

Haha, please ignore my PM then! :look:

Thanks again for your picture! I would cut my own hair but with me being clumsy that's a NONO. :nono:

lol I'd be honored if you used my pic too! i think its sweet...since all i do is grab chunks of hair and cut in a ....layer-y way. :lachen:

Good luck, Love!

lol I'd be honored if you used my pic too! i think its sweet...since all i do is grab chunks of hair and cut in a ....layer-y way. :lachen:

Good luck, Love!

Thank you! I'll be sure to update this same thread or make a new one with pictures! Hopefully the mention button is back so you'll be notified. :D

THANK YOU EVERYONE! :grin: Now I know the term!

Lovelylady2007, do you mind if I show one picture to my hairdresser? It's totally fine if you don't want me to, I just want to provide her with a visual so she doesn't mess up my head. I can blur your face and destroy your the photograph afterward if that helps. BTW, love your colour! Were you relaxed or natural at the time? Did you use a semi-permanent colour?

I don't mind if you show your stylist, not at all. Back then I was transitioning. I didn't have color, but relaxers tend to lighten my natural color a bit. My hair is darker now since I don't have any relaxer left.

I'm glad I was able to help! Post pictures of your hair once you get it done please :grin:

I don't mind if you show your stylist, not at all. Back then I was transitioning. I didn't have color, but relaxers tend to lighten my natural color a bit. My hair is darker now since I don't have any relaxer left.

I'm glad I was able to help! Post pictures of your hair once you get it done please :grin:

Well your hair is BEAUTIFUL! :D I'll definitely show pictures when I'm done, either in here or a new thread.

Thank you! I subscribed to her, she's so pretty! :grin:

Wow. With that being said, are you really going to let her attempt to give you this style? You're not afraid of any mishaps?

Aireen, if this is a hairstyle that you really want,then go to another stylist that you are sure will deliver. I love my dominican stylist and she is a personal friend but I will never again let her cut my hair. I go to another stylist for haircuts. There's nothing worse than having to live with a bad haircut, pulling it back instead of showing it off. You've worked really hard for your hair and want to select a haircut that you like, do not go to your stylist if she can't cut hair.

Aireen, if this is a hairstyle that you really want,then go to another stylist that you are sure will deliver. I love my dominican stylist and she is a personal friend but I will never again let her cut my hair. I go to another stylist for haircuts. There's nothing worse than having to live with a bad haircut, pulling it back instead of showing it off. You've worked really hard for your hair and want to select a haircut that you like, do not go to your stylist if she can't cut hair.

I agree. :yep:

Wow. With that being said, are you really going to let her attempt to give you this style? You're not afraid of any mishaps?

She relaxes really well and she's not TERRIBLE but she's the worst out of all the hairdressers I've been to for cutting; she's the BEST at dusting (while the others just cut off my progress) since she wants to avoid any major mistakes on my head if that makes sense. :look: I just figured that with multiple images she'll be able to mimic or duplicate the cut on my hair. You do have a point though since I'm thinking that she might cut my hair in such a way that it only looks good when a flat-iron is used to style it.
sad.gif
I guess I wanted to avoid finding another hairdresser because searching for one in Toronto from my experience has been difficult. Thank you for the advice though ladies.

Last edited:
Back