Sealing conditioner with oil?

I've started sealing in my conditioner about a month ago and I LOVE IT!! I have been sealing my conditioner with Walnut Oil. I think I am going to alternate between Walnut Oil and Jasmine Oil. I hate the Jasmine Oil but I want to use it up before purchasing anything else.

I'm trying to use up some nasty smelling Trigger I bought, so I've been using the Raspberry Peach Cobbler stink on all my DC's. I sure will be glad when it's gone. The results have been amazing...Don't know what I'll use when 'The Stink' has been used up.

@pelohello

That's exactly what I'm doing. Trying to use up those Oils I'm not too fond of that have been sitting.

Thanks for the tip on the Walnut.:sad: I kept wanting to buy/try it.:ohwell:

Bajanmum

Are you going to use/buy another scented Trigger? Or are you skipping Trigger altogether?

I liked the Reg/Uncented one I had, but the Featherweight/Unscented one stank and didn't agree with my Scalp (for some reason), but the Regular one was fine.:spinning: *strange*

I've started sealing in my conditioner about a month ago and I LOVE IT!! I have been sealing my conditioner with Walnut Oil. I think I am going to alternate between Walnut Oil and Jasmine Oil. I hate the Jasmine Oil but I want to use it up before purchasing anything else.
Getting your dose of ceramides with walnut oil, I like! :grin:

im gonna try this with my shea moisture baby ointment w/ oil mixed...ive been using the ointment mixed w/ oil to seal. it's thicker...i dunno how/if it'll work out using it in this way, but we'll see.

the ingredients:

Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Olus Oil , Centhera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose) , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Carthamus Tinctorius Oil (Safflower) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Argania Spinosa Nut Oil (Argan) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Natural Wax Blend , (Carnauba , Non-GMO Soy) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil (Rosehip) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Calendula Extract , Lavender Oil , Rose Extract , Chamomilla (Anthemis Nobilis) Flower Extract , Boswellia Serrata Oil (Frankincense) , Myrrh Extract

the oil i'll mix it with is kinky curly perfectly polished

ingredients:

Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil and natural fragrance

ive been using this mix a lot. both products contain a ceramide (shea moisture - safflower oil, kinky curly - wheat germ oil) ...i mixed the kinky curly w/ olive oil also.

my hair's been feeling great with it. havent tried it in this way yet, though. i have been dc'ing my hair overnight...will add the oil/ointment in a little while and will report back.

Okay so I temporarily phasing this out, I like to keep my regimen super simple and I realized I can do this more as a treatment rather than a every wash day thing. This really helped my hair, I got it to sustain moisture and I think it's because I was using coconut oil? Doesn't coconut oil have that property to maintain bonds within the hair? Retained bonds = retained moisture? Anyway when I went on vacation my hair really needed this so I'll just keep it in my regimen as a treat.

@Bajanmum

Are you going to use/buy another scented Trigger? Or are you skipping Trigger altogether?

I liked the Reg/Uncented one I had, but the Featherweight/Unscented one stank and didn't agree with my Scalp (for some reason), but the Regular one was fine.:spinning: *strange*
IDareT'sHair

Yep, :yep: My baby daddy is Vanilla PC. I re-upped on BF, 32oz. Boy, was I disappointed by 'the stink'! I'll never leave my boo for another again. :nono: :look:

i have to remember to stay consistent with this, for now im using grapeseed
coconut oil is frustrating in the winter because of how it freezes

I seal my leave-in conditioner with either coconut oil, ceremide mix oils and now cocoveda oil. My hair loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm going to experiment with avocado or coconut oil as a sealer to my DC this week. My hair's been feeling dry lately. What brands do you ladies use?

i ll try this out but i d have to use very little oil or my hair will be a stringy mess ,last year i used to put a dab of Camelia oil on my freshly washed hair ,without rinsing, and the results were soft and moisturized hair . Thanks Aireen :)

Plopped some kind of Oil on Top my DC'er tonight. I remember to do it now.

Finishing up something that I think might either be: Sunflower or Safflower *not sure* I transferred it into another bottle and didn't label it.

Back