• Text him

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Do nothing

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUBY

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I was introduced to a guy this past weekend and while he's not my type physically after spending some time talking to him he seemed okay.

How we left it was he came to me and said we could talk or maybe see a movie, so I gave him my phone number and said to him that he can call me he also gave me his number.

So after he leaves he sends me a text with one word "goodnight". Now I didn't get this text until much later because I didn't check my phone until I was home and that was hours later but I didn't not to text back because it was late and as I said I had told him to call me plus I could think of nothing to say and text back.

So here is the dilemma, I've thought about him since this weekend but he hasn't called me. I'm not sure if me not replying to his one word text was 'wrong' or he perceived it negatively and that I'm not interested (which up until I got home, I wasn't sure I was).

My gut instinct is that I should wait for him to call me and if he doesn't then oh well, as I'm a firm believer in what will be will be and if it is meant to happen then it will. Plus I feel that men should do the chasing. (I'm also thinking that its still early days and that I should give him to the end of the week.)

So should I call him? text him? or leave it alone and see if he calls me or not?

When you saw his Goodnight text, you shoulda just text back Goodmorning, the next morning.

You should never call the guy, when it's early stages. But since he sent you a text, you should hit him back with a text too. Keep it short, and sweet aswell. Don't apologize for being busy, don't even tell him why you didn't reply. It's still early stages.

Either Goodmorning/Goodnight or 'oh hey, how you doing' should suffice.

Oh, and a little advice. Don't think about him this much. I mean, it's still early stages and girl he's already got your head spinning. Not a good sign.

All he said was good night, all you could have said was "thanks". It's not like he wrote a long letter or asked you any questions. It would have been nice when you got it, even if it was hours later, to have said, "I'm just seeing your text. Thanks". But really he hasn't done anything. And you gave him your number. It doesn't sound like he even asked for it. He could have called the next day to check on you. And if he's scared off by you not replying to a text then he's pretty wimpy IMO. I would not text or call him.

All he said was good night, all you could have said was "thanks". It's not like he wrote a long letter or asked you any questions. It would have been nice when you got it, even if it was hours later, to have said, "I'm just seeing your text. Thanks". But really he hasn't done anything. And you gave him your number. It doesn't sound like he even asked for it. He could have called the next day to check on you. And if he's scared off by you not replying to a text then he's pretty wimpy IMO. I would not text or call him.

I agree with you, up until the last bit.

I don't think him not initiating after that is wimpy. He's a man who can take a hint. He thought he's not wanted so didn't want to waste his time. I like those kinda men :yep: I can't stand those who begin to stalk you, or blow up your phone :look:

Last edited:
My gut instinct is that I should wait for him to call me and if he doesn't then oh well, as I'm a firm believer in what will be will be and if it is meant to happen then it will. Plus I feel that men should do the chasing. (I'm also thinking that its still early days and that I should give him to the end of the week.)

So should I call him? text him? or leave it alone and see if he calls me or not?

If thats what you feel do just that. Plus its still early in the week, wait it out and see what happens.

I don't think him not initiating after that is wimpy. He's a man who can take a hint. He thought he's not wanted so didn't want to waste his time. I like those kinda men :yep: I can't stand those begin to stalk you, or blow up your phone :look:

I do see your point and I liked your post. And I do wish she had responded to his text. But he just did so little to be worried about it. It's not like he said he really enjoyed meeting her or he looked forward to meeting again, it was just good night.

If he really wanted to he would've called. So many things can happen to a text, it may not even reach the receiver.

I voted do nothing. I'm sure you don't want a guy who you have to chase. My thing is if you start it now, you'll have to continue like that for the rest of it.

I do see your point and I liked your post. And I do wish she had responded to his text. But he just did so little to be worried about it. It's not like he said he really enjoyed meeting her or he looked forward to meeting again, it was just good night.

ITA :yep:

OP, don't message him.

I don't think he cares much either. Therefore you shouldn't care!

I would not call. Period. If he is interested he will call. Sounds like he isn't much your type anyway. Did he ask for your number or did you offer it?

If he really wanted to he would've called. So many things can happen to a text, it may not even reach the receiver.

ITA with this. Sometimes I even pretend to not have received a text when I don't want to talk or call someone back. I just tell them I never got it. How does he even know your phone receives text messages?

I also think you should not think of it as waiting around. What would you be doing otherwise if you hadn't met him? Do you and if he hasn't called you in a reasonable amount of time then you should call him or KIM.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

I wouldn't send a reply. He can call if he is interested as your requested. If you had missed a phone call and he left a voice message...THEN I would return the call.

Girl you know you want to send a text, you obviously interested so just do it. Send a quick text that says something like "hope your day is going well" or went well, depending on what day you text him and THEN sit back and do nothing until he contacts you. But if your interested dont be afraid to throw out a crumb :lol: Its okay that you didnt return his text. Also when he texts you back, dont be a eager beaver to return the text but return it if your interested and dont let your main source of communication be texts. Have fun, keep us updated

I would not call. Period. If he is interested he will call. Sounds like he isn't much your type anyway. Did he ask for your number or did you offer it?

He came over to me and said we could carry on our earlier conversation and then I said ok you can call me. He took out his phone and I took out mine and then I gave him my number and he said I should take his number too and he rang my phone right there so that his number would show up on my phone.

I probably wouldn't call or text him, but I think you should have at least responded back (goodnight, thanks, etc...).
He's probably just waiting it out since you didn't respond to his text, but if he's really interested I think he will call soon.

I say text him, just say something simple like, Hey, hope your enjoying the weather...it is a pretty nice day so it won't come off as random (assuming ur in NYC/NJ).

Then you can procede from there. We like men to chase yes, but sometimes we have to show that we are interested too. You can't lose with a text.

I also want to add that he did not seem like your type, but we women are more attracted to men that are not all hungry and chasing us down. Look, he did not call and I think that may have sparked your interest... I say send a text.

Okay, so after thinking about it and reading everyones posts/poll results I've decided to follow my gut instincts. I'm going to do nothing. I'm not going to call or text him.

I wouldn't. Men don't sit around and analyze these types of things like we do. If he is interested, he will contact you again, trust me.

Just text him. Something simple, like Hi, Hey how are you. It's not too much to do. I'm sure he'll respond and probably call.

If I text a guy and he doesn't write back, I'm not writing him again. I would think he doesn't want to talk to me. I get that people don't see messages til late but no response is the worst ever. That says you don't want to talk to him at all. Its not like you're calling and its an awkward convo, what's the worst that can happen?

Go ahead and text that man OP, you know you wanna :lol:

Just text him a goodnight/ goodmorning/ have a great day.

Then let him take it from there.

Honestly, don't over think it. Send that text and see if he responds.

I don't think him not initiating after that is wimpy. He's a man who can take a hint. He thought he's not wanted so didn't want to waste his time. I like those kinda men :yep: I can't stand those who begin to stalk you, or blow up your phone :look:

I agree. Recently I did the same thing. Just not reply to a text to mean "not interested." And I like that I didn't receive a call. He can take a hint. He sent out a text as a feeler, you didn't respond, so he backed off. Good on him. If you are interested, just drop a quick text.

Came back to add if you really are interested in him and think he might have been put off by you not responding to his text... I would send a feeler text like "Hi" and see if he responds.

I think you should have responded to his text message, just out of common courtesy, if not for nothing else.

you are not really interested and i think since you gave him your number (he didn't ask for it) your ego is a little crushed since he hasn't called yet. you wanna call to find out why you haven't heard from him yet.

i say don't call.....

Back